Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Greatest RPG?
Chicken Wing

• Total Posts : 17
Greatest RPG? - Dec 08, 2004 06:40
What is the greatest RPG EVER?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 08, 2004 07:04
Zelda!!! **waits to be informed that Zelda is not an RPG**

There is already a topic about this with several responses HERE.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 08, 2004 12:09
I' m partial to the Shining Force series...
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 08, 2004 16:35
There' s a difference between " favorite" and " greatest."

If you count FFT as an RPG, than it' s my pick. If not, FF VII.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 08, 2004 18:03
Ys Ys Ys!
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 08, 2004 21:40
These threads make me wary. There are so many opinions here that most likely this will end up with someone getting upset. There is no definate " greatest RPG of all time" , only someone else' s opinion.
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 08, 2004 22:21
Yeah, i am with yoshimitu15 on this one. I think (my opinion of course) the best RPG of all time is Xenogears. that was the deepest RPG I have ever played. But I will most likely be flamed for my pick because RPGs are that subjust that ppl are really passionate about. But for the record, i am going with Xenogears.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 08, 2004 23:23
Your favorite RPG is what you will most likely say is the Greatest.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 09, 2004 21:19
i say RPGS and they are final fantasy 1 and 2 dawn of souls for the GBA
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 10, 2004 01:47
RPGs are my friends
To pick one as my favorite would upset the others
I don' t want to make my friends cry
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 14, 2004 13:00
lol

ive said it before and ill ay it again, FFT is the greatest of the greatest. ever.
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 14, 2004 14:48
It' s so hard to choose. If I absolutely had to pick one it would be Planescape: Torment. Or maybe FFVII. Or Gothic 2. Or Disgaea. *runs away screaming*
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 14, 2004 19:37
I' d probably have to go with Final Fantasy X or VII on that. Both were incredible. FF is the best series overall though....sooo goooood...
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 14, 2004 19:58
I' ve enjoyed all the the sony era FF games with maybe FF IX being the exception. Funny thing was this was the game I was looking forward to the most. Ever since the days of the snes I was arguing for the FF games to go back to more mid-evil fantasy themes. More Dragons, more mythos. I wanted to be able to have more than 3 people in your party. I wanted all this, got it, and didn' t like the game. I think it was the stories fault though, not the elements they put in the game. However, best all time RPG for me is probably Final Fantasy II (US) I fought in the crystal cave for ever trying to beat 64 groups of pink puffs!!!
Pierre2k

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 15, 2004 22:59
Personally, my favourite RPG of all time is Shining Force 3 on the Saturn.

This would be closely followed by Grandia 2 (people say the story is cliched, but I loved it and its still one of the best fighting systems ever).

Also loved Skies of Arcadia and the superb Knights of the Old Republic on Xbox.

Actually, as it happens, I am on the look out for a good RPG just now (not KOTOR 2 yet as its not out in the UK and I want something non-starwars). Any suggestions? I have all the current consoles and a top of the line PC so format is not an issue. Oh, and no FF games. I have nothing major against them, but I am looking for something a little less mainstream. Something I would most likely miss if not for you guys?
fathoms

RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 16, 2004 02:10

Actually, as it happens, I am on the look out for a good RPG just now (not KOTOR 2 yet as its not out in the UK and I want something non-starwars). Any suggestions? I have all the current consoles and a top of the line PC so format is not an issue. Oh, and no FF games. I have nothing major against them, but I am looking for something a little less mainstream. Something I would most likely miss if not for you guys?

Shadow Hearts: Covenant (PS2)
Tales of Symphonia (GC)
Fable (Xbox)
Champions of Norrath (PS2)
Star Ocean: ' Til the End of Time (PS2)
Baten Kaitos (GC)
Shin Megami Nocturne (PS2)
World of Warcraft (PC)
Phantom Brave (PS2)

The best of the year right there, with the exception of KotoR II. If you' re looking for western/PC-themed RPG' s, than CoN or WoW is for you. If you' re looking for length, depth, and story, then SH: C, SO, ToS, and SMN are more in your department, and if you want to try a strategy RPG which also happens to be one of the deepest games ever made, try Phantom Brave.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 16, 2004 03:32
i say final fantasy 1
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 16, 2004 09:13

ORIGINAL: Pierre2k

Personally, my favourite RPG of all time is Shining Force 3 on the Saturn.

This would be closely followed by Grandia 2 (people say the story is cliched, but I loved it and its still one of the best fighting systems ever).

Also loved Skies of Arcadia and the superb Knights of the Old Republic on Xbox.

Fathoms' list is very nice, though many of those games are not out yet in PAL teritorries. First of all, I recommend Planescape Torment on the PC, an oldie but a real classic. It' s a bit text-heavy, but full of twists and interesting characters. If you' d like something more japanese, go for Star Ocean PS2 or Tales of Symphonia GC. Both of them feature real-time combat, though the battles in SO are much more accomplished, in my opinion. However, despite being a better game, SO might be a little too demanding and it doesn' t look that pretty nowadays (it' s a two year old game, after all). While waiting for Phantom Brave, you could do worse than checking out Disgaea, a rather funny little strategy RPG that delivers the goods.
fathoms

RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 16, 2004 19:40

SO might be a little too demanding and it doesn' t look that pretty nowadays (it' s a two year old game, after all).

???

SO came out only a few months ago.
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Greatest RPG? - Dec 16, 2004 23:24
It has been out in Japan for absolutely ages though.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll