Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 xbox 360 first reviews on IGN, what u think
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
xbox 360 first reviews on IGN, what u think - Nov 15, 2005 04:37
i just want to know people reaction after reading the first reviews, i' m very disapointed of kameo, i thought it' ll get over 9.0 well sometimes ign is weird and plus they don' t have other next gen games to refer to , so what do you think???
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 15 Nov 05 12:43:08 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: xbox 360 first reviews on IGN, what u think - Nov 15, 2005 04:47
How about telling people Kameo got 8.4?
And btw 1up gave it 7/10 and Gamespot 8.7 those kind of scores i thought the game was worth after all i seen from the game.

hysonmb

• Total Posts : 8
RE: xbox 360 first reviews on IGN, what u think - Nov 15, 2005 05:42
Before you read this, keep in mind that I' m not a platform gamer.

I played the Kameo demo at a Kiosk a few days ago and I can say that I wasn' t impressed. The gameplay is nothing revolutionary and the graphics, while better than what we can expect from the systems today, didn' t really shine through as incredible. I realize that this is the tip of the iceburg for games on the 360 and that this title has been ported from console to console until now finally landing on the 360 so, if you' re into this type of game, you may enjoy it. I may rent it for my son to play next year when he' s a bit older but for now it' s not on my list of must-have titles.
< Message edited by hysonmb -- 15 Nov 05 13:43:14 >
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: xbox 360 first reviews on IGN, what u think - Nov 15, 2005 09:36
I usually take reviews with a " grain of salt" . Most times I' ll try the game out myself and make my own judgements, unless of course the reviews give a game a 2 or 3, then I ignore the game completely.
QuezcatoL

RE: xbox 360 first reviews on IGN, what u think - Nov 15, 2005 09:43
I look at gamerankings,and if a game get 7-8 but in a genre i like/want i will check it out,like a demo or look at video footage and then decie,but often all 9/10 games in gamerankings i get.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: xbox 360 first reviews on IGN, what u think - Nov 15, 2005 10:01
Kameo looks good, I' ll probably get it but I wasn' t expecting anything truly revolutionary from it. It has been ported from Cube to Xbox to 360. Super Mario Sushine and ICO look suitably ropey in places after being converted from their last gen breatherin.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: xbox 360 first reviews on IGN, what u think - Nov 15, 2005 10:08
8.4 and 8.7 is still a great score, so i' m not worried at all. This is one of the first games to come out, you can' t expect a 9.5 right away. Because it' s next gen, I think the reviewers have to be careful not to base to much of their reviews comparing it to current gen. If they did that the graphics would probably get a 10, but they' re thinking about what kind of graphics they think these systems can do, and thus an 8 on graphics. What does worry me is 1ups review of PGR. They gave it a straight up 10. A perfect score. How in the hell can you give a launch game on a new system a perfect 10. You have nothing else to compare it too. Sure, it may be a blast, but for heavens sake, give it a 9 then, leave some room on the top. What are they going to do now when they review NFS and find out it' s better?? Give it an 11? Since when did Spinal tap start reviewing games?
QuezcatoL

RE: xbox 360 first reviews on IGN, what u think - Nov 15, 2005 10:10
I agree,i though pgr3 was gonna be a 93% at average,but giving it 10/10 is just to much,but mayby they feel like it was worth 96/100 and then decied to say 10/10,but still i agree it was to high,,,
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: xbox 360 first reviews on IGN, what u think - Nov 15, 2005 10:13
mxpx182 ooh i can assure you there is no way NFS will get better score than PGR3, you could say forza 2, but anyway i agree with u, they could say it' s the best racing game ever and still give it a 9, that would be about right... but glad that PGR3 made it sound and safe
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: xbox 360 first reviews on IGN, what u think - Nov 15, 2005 10:17
I think Kameo only got slashed mostly for its awkward start and shortness. Otherwise from what I read they still thought it was a great game.

I dont expect many of them to top 9+.

My baseless predictions:
Of the pack I' m guessing only 2 will reach a 9+ while the others come close. The catagory with the lowest scores will probably be sports. PDZ may lead the pack but not as well as expected (not the biggest score but the biggest sales). Condemended will do good along with Call of Duty 2 (which Im thinking will be in the upper 8). King Kong looks like it can go either way...maybe lack of variety in gameplay will hurt that one (maybe). Quake 4 will be average. Ridge Racer and Most Wanted will keep the racing genre afloat with 8.5+ each, while PGR3 solidifies it as one of the 9+. Activision' s 2 other ports will be average Tony Hawk being the lesser one. Amped 3 with its big change to the series may not fair well altho it will try.

EDIT: Ive only seen the Kameo and Madden reviews so far, but once I posted this it seems ppl been talking bout PGR' s score form one site.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 15 Nov 05 18:20:59 >
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: xbox 360 first reviews on IGN, what u think - Nov 15, 2005 11:21
M$ admitted that all launch games would be less-than-next-gen optimised.

Translated...because they were rushed, they will look alot like XBOX (current-gen) games.

What happened to " It' s about the games that gamers love to play" ?

Seems that gamers are turning kind a quick on the game system producers.

Give it time, folks...it WILL get better.

As for those ratings...do your homework, research the games, and decide for yourself...
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 15 Nov 05 19:22:45 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: xbox 360 first reviews on IGN, what u think - Nov 15, 2005 11:48
The fact that Kameo received the same score that Metal Gear Solid 3 received from GameSpot, and both were from Greg K. no less, says quite a bit.

I' m a little anxious to take the game for a spin to see if it' s my cup of tea.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 15 Nov 05 19:49:22 >
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: xbox 360 first reviews on IGN, what u think - Nov 15, 2005 11:55
It seems that the games I would be interested in (Dead or Alive 4, Morrowind: Oblivion, and Halo 3) are all post-launch titles.

And the backward-compatibility list doesn' t look all that good either...

(I know they will add to it, but the initial list bites for the most part)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll