Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox 360 only to be displayed on HDTVs at E3
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Xbox 360 only to be displayed on HDTVs at E3 - Apr 17, 2005 03:58
Why show off a game running in it' s lowest possible form? I have heard that Microsoft intends on doing just the opposite, and all displays hooked up to the Xbox 360 at the E3 will be 16:9 HDTVs. This is great. This means Microsoft is serious about HD (see the related Kikizo story on the HD era subject). Microsoft is stating that games must be designed at a minimum spec of 1280x720 (or 720p in HDTV terms). These games would then be scaled down to be viewable to people with regular TVs, so don' t worry. But by using nothing but HDTV at the E3, it shows the rest of the industry that HDTV is extremely important and definitely is the future (there' s no way out of it. SD won' t be around forever). Hopefully this will make other developers and manufacturers take notice and not skimp on their HD games for the PS3 and Revolution. To my current knowledge, the PS3 and Revolution have absolutely no standards for developers about HDTV support, which is very sad. If they see Microsoft back it so heavilly, maybe Sony and Nintendo will as well. Well maybe not Nintendo. They will probably try to tell us that " Gamers do not want to play games in high definition" or something stupid like they always say.

EDITS: Lots of typos. I suck at typing.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 17 Apr 05 12:05:12 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Xbox 360 only to be displayed on HDTVs at E3 - Apr 18, 2005 07:11
If the industry as a whole were bright, they' d all do this. I mean when Lexus debuts a new car they don' t show us some crappy model with no features, no it' s the loaded edition. I can' t fathom why you' d display your new system running on anything but the best.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Xbox 360 only to be displayed on HDTVs at E3 - Apr 18, 2005 20:52
Hey, I love HDTV!
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Xbox 360 only to be displayed on HDTVs at E3 - Apr 19, 2005 13:12
XBOX 1 Games are all running at 480p.

I think Nintendo will go HD before sony.
GameCube has alot of games that run at 480p.Sony' s has none.
< Message edited by russian mobster -- 19 Apr 05 21:14:34 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Xbox 360 only to be displayed on HDTVs at E3 - Apr 19, 2005 17:08
MOST Xbox games run in 480p (not all).

Sony has one game that runs in HD and that is Gran Turdismo 4. It can run in 1080i. And there are over 50 PS2 games that run in 480p.

Nintendo has no HD games.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 20 Apr 05 1:09:53 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Xbox 360 only to be displayed on HDTVs at E3 - Apr 20, 2005 06:58
Joes' right on the no HD games for gamecube, too bad though. They do have a plethora of games running in Progressive scan though, perhaps even more than sony, although I have no numbers.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll