Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New look lara croft.
Owain

• Total Posts : 91
New look lara croft. - Apr 06, 2005 15:37
In the new game Tomb Rader: legend

nice, she looks a lot more human now.
I hope this next TR game is staltworthy too.
Fragus_Maximus

• Total Posts : 156
RE: New look lara croft. - Apr 06, 2005 16:33
Eh, for me, the series lost apeal a while ago
evangelion

• Total Posts : 91
RE: New look lara croft. - Apr 06, 2005 17:13
i think angelie jolie looks even less like her now she doesn' t have the odd shaped face!
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: New look lara croft. - Apr 06, 2005 17:35
I haven' t enjoyed a TR game in eons, but I would like to see the series reach bigger heights.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: New look lara croft. - Apr 07, 2005 07:38
The very first Tomb Raider was my favorite...

According to the articles I have read recently, the developers are going back to TR' s origins hopefully to bring back that once-lived glory.

I sure hope they succeed...
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: New look lara croft. - Apr 07, 2005 08:35
The new lara is hot.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: New look lara croft. - Apr 07, 2005 14:37
Woah, she actually looks more like a human and less like a cartoon. Thats ace. Why does she remind me of that lass from Perfect Dark? Meh, gets the thumbs up from me. Lets just see how the game plays now.
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: New look lara croft. - Apr 10, 2005 15:04
The look reminds me of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.
Fragus_Maximus

• Total Posts : 156
RE: New look lara croft. - Apr 12, 2005 18:14

The look reminds me of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

How so???
lordseafood

• Total Posts : 19
RE: New look lara croft. - Apr 13, 2005 05:16
bah so shes more realistic, who cares the series in my mind was finished years ago, and even then tomb rader sucked, no matter how much praise this game gets ill never play/ buy another tomb rader game
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: New look lara croft. - Apr 13, 2005 07:16
I' ve still never played a tomb raider game. I agree the new look laura is pretty hot, and if the next games anygood, maybe I' ll try a poke at it. Heads out of the gutter now gentlemen.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: New look lara croft. - Apr 13, 2005 11:21
I agree fragus about the series....but I do think that the new look is far better. woot!
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: New look lara croft. - Apr 13, 2005 22:06
Wow Lara Croft looks so much better! I wonder why they didn' t do this way before... I am happy they are going to make more Tomb Raider games. I played a few and I loved them. I don;t know why people don' t like them. They are excellent Adventure games that make you think. I like those kinds of games because I feel smart heheh. Whoo I have not played Angel of Darkness...I heard terrible things about that game.. but I mean how bad can it be?
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: New look lara croft. - Apr 14, 2005 15:23
I' ve just seem some screenshots of the actual game and it does look good. The team behind Soul Reaver are working on it as is Toby Gard - the man who created Lara only to leave Core shortly after the release of the first Tomb Raider. Apparently the game is going back to basics ie exploring vast caves etc like the first game as opposed to having levels based in man made structures like the sequels. They' ll hopefully revmp the control system. I have high hopes for this - I honestly can see this being very good.
ricky

• Total Posts : 2
RE: New look lara croft. - May 15, 2005 05:59
i first got tomb raider in 96 and was hooked, i played every tomb raider till number 4 nearly every day after work, more than 3 years, as i see myself as a tomb raiderer, and an expert on the game, i was disenpointed with angel of darkness after tomb raider 5, it totally sold out to the ' in' crowd, there was nothing remotely ' tomb raider' about it. now hearing that the makers are going back to the original for inspiration, i hope that it gets its deserved remake and keeps real for all the hard core tomb raiderers, the people who made the game successful, and not the people who just want an ' in' game. To be honest, i dont care what lara looks like, its more important for the controlls to go back to howc they were1
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: New look lara croft. - May 15, 2005 07:30
The Tomb Raider games need to expand. Especially on Lara' s moves.

What? Wow, she has a sprint now while running. Oh, she can climb ropes now. Ewww...she can roll and turn around instantly to face whoever is behind her. I see no innovation in the so called Tomb Raider world. The whole engine and movement of Lara was in need of an upgrade after TR2. As for instance, the graphic technology and engine technology has been out for years. So, why is Lara still moving in the same stance she' s been doing since the first game? For example, let me pull my guns out and hold them up close to my head in an upright position. So that way I' ll be prepared to shoot anything that moves.

Also, she still had that 2 step movement throughout most of the series. She' s never walked like a woman except only in cutscenes. She has that manly stance of I' m ready to take on anything. However, some will argue that Lara' s enviroment does not call for her to be womanly. I' ll argue back and say, " She' s been carrying that stance for years, it' s time innovation. Can she not go into another standing still movement or just throw in a action yawn or let me check/adjust my gear real quick. Instead of just standing there like a robot. I mean at least move your fingers as if you' re inching to pull them guns out."

Oh my, I have the best gear in the world. I would like to say that Lara' s pistols out weigh her iddy biddy hands and look. Plus, they still look rectangular. They' ve never updated the skinning or design of her guns. They don' t look real. They' ve always stood out whenever she' s holding them. Take a look at the 1st pic and you' ll see what I' m talking about. The statue behind her looks more real than her and those guns. Do you know why? It' s because they still have that same lighting effect on Lara. She' s always lit up when she' s close to light and sometimes even in the dark.

So in other words, Lara Croft needs character in her movements to hone in on realism. In conclusion, these are only some of the things that needs fixing up. I am a fan of the first Tomb Raider game and will always name that one as the best and last one out of the series to be praised for it' s time.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll