Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Go see chronicles of Narnia!
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
Go see chronicles of Narnia! - Dec 22, 2005 06:32
If u haven' t seen Narnia yet, then go see it A.S.A.P! It' s so much fun! It doesn' t matter if u haven' t read the book cause the film is much better than it anyway! Now I can' t wait for them to make the sequels.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Go see chronicles of Narnia! - Dec 22, 2005 11:00
From what I saw of the previews, Narnia is going to be awesome!

Correct me, if I' m wrong, but didn' t some big-name people create this movie? People like those that worked on Lord of the Rings, etc.?
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Go see chronicles of Narnia! - Dec 23, 2005 08:25
My girlfriend wants to go ee it so I' ll probably be dragged with her in the not too distant future.
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: Go see chronicles of Narnia! - Dec 26, 2005 08:31

Correct me, if I' m wrong, but didn' t some big-name people create this movie? People like those that worked on Lord of the Rings, etc.?

It was directed by the director of Shrek 1 and 2.

The WETA workshop that did all the props and costumes in LOTR also did the props and costumes of Narnia.

I think all the computer generated stuff was done in ILM though. I' m not sure.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Go see chronicles of Narnia! - Dec 26, 2005 10:23
Great movie.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Go see chronicles of Narnia! - Dec 27, 2005 14:23
I personally expected more out of this movie. Prolly cause I' ve read the books. To me, Aslan didn' t seem to be that strong in the movie. Well, most of the characters didn' t seem to be strong or well defined. I know it was the beginning but, look at the Lord of Rings movies. I guess I was expecting it to at least match LoTR greatness because the books are fantastic. I know the movie was geared more to kids but when it comes to warfare and fighting you can' t really ease up on that for kids. To me, this movie was supposed to be the preparation of a war and conducting a war when certain people overcame obstacles with bravery. I didn' t really see bravery in this movie more like just an acceptance attitude. The Ice Queen is what really made this movie kick butt most of the time. I was like wow, she really kicks peoples butt and takes names. Even a little innocent butterfly, I was like, why?!? It didn' t even hurt you. It was just flying by.
Gaius IV

RE: Go see chronicles of Narnia! - Dec 28, 2005 07:08
KombatFighter the movie is soooo much better than the book. The book was written for kids, if u read it now it' s very simple and aslan hardly makes an impact, but in the movie he does a lot more and makes more appearances. In the book the battle was hardly explained but in the movie the battle scene ROCKED so hard it was easily the best part of the whole film. I read the books when I was a kid, and read them again recently and boy the film was a lot deeper than lion witch and the wardrobe which is vol. 2 of the chronicles. I mean this book was less than 200 pages. It' s kids stuff that can' t be compared to LOTR...but it' s fun!!!
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Go see chronicles of Narnia! - Dec 28, 2005 10:37
Huh, it' s been a while since I' ve read those books. Thanks for letting me know about the differences.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Go see chronicles of Narnia! - Dec 28, 2005 17:02
If you are older than 18 you probably won' t like this movie. I went to it with a few friends (girls and guys, we are all about 21) and we were kinda board. We didn' t think it would be such a kiddie movie. But it wasn' t all that bad. And for anyone younger it should be a good watch.
Gaius IV

RE: Go see chronicles of Narnia! - Dec 30, 2005 13:51
I saw it with a few friends. I' m 25 years old so are my buddies and we loved it. But maybe it' s because it' s something we grew up on.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Go see chronicles of Narnia! - Dec 30, 2005 14:30
None of us read the books. We were expecting something more like LOtR.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Go see chronicles of Narnia! - Jan 01, 2006 00:10
Ok I' m going tomorrow to see the movie.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Go see chronicles of Narnia! - Jan 01, 2006 11:04
..no...
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Go see chronicles of Narnia! - Jan 05, 2006 10:10
I saw it last night. Hmmmm, it was ok. I wasn' t overly impressed. It was an ok movie. Some parts dragged, and some parts rushed too quick. I really liked the beginning, and developing the relationships between the siblings. The battle was awesome. I did find that it made more sense than the book, at least to me. The flow was better, and the visuals helped with everything.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Go see chronicles of Narnia! - Jan 05, 2006 10:57

Gaius IV

Will you please just change your name to GRADIUS IV already, it' s driving me nuts everytime I see your name and I immediately think Gradius

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll