Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I' m Going To CANADA!!!!!!!!!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
I' m Going To CANADA!!!!!!!!! - Jan 09, 2007 18:28
I received an email from the Canadian High Commission in London this morning to say that my application is currently under review and i' ll have an answer in the next 6-8 weeks!!!!

I should get written confirmation within days.

It' s about goddamn time too. This has taken forever! If i get rejected i' ll be making plans to move to somewhere else in Europe before the end of the year. If i get accepted then i' ll be in Canada before September.

EDIT: See last post!
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 15 Jan 07 18:44:59 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Not Long Now! - Jan 09, 2007 18:42
Congratz, it must be exciting to move into a new country. Where in Canada do you want to move?

You seem like you want to get the fuck out of England, what' s so bad about living there? It' s actually kind of funny. I want to visit England and you want to come here. The grass is always greener, eh?
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 9 Jan 07 10:44:17 >
Nitro

RE: Not Long Now! - Jan 09, 2007 19:15

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Congratz, it must be exciting to move into a new country. Where in Canada do you want to move?

You seem like you want to get the fuck out of England, what' s so bad about living there? It' s actually kind of funny. I want to visit England and you want to come here. The grass is always greener, eh?

It' s even better news now because the weather is so bleak here at the moment. I haven' t seen a bright sky here for 3 months. I live further North than Adam and Tiz and not far (at all) from choupolo, and the winters are dark, very wet and gloomy.

England is depressing. It' s not just the weather, it' s everything. I guess it' s just not for me.

Canada on the otherhand is great. It' s a completely different world and i' ve been fascinated with the country since i was a child. I don' t know what i' d do if i get there but i' d certainly be happier than staying in the UK. Also, getting residency in Canada will make getting into the US easier if i choose to move there at some point.

As for where i' d live in Canada, ...Calgary is cool but i' ve been looking at Nova Scotia and Ontario recently as the property prices are appealing. I have friends in Vancouver and in Prince Rupert, and Edmonton would be ideal for work and access to the Rockies but i don' t know yet, i' m still considering all options.
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Not Long Now! - Jan 10, 2007 08:30

Also, getting residency in Canada will make getting into the US easier if i choose to move there at some point.

NO! Nonononononononononono noooooooo! You do NOT want to come here!
First of all, the job market' s in the crapper, we' ve got a zealot for a president accusing people around the world of being zealots, our VP was too close to being under charges of manslaughter for my taste, and to top it off, we' re almost completely full of overweight sheeple*, at least 1/3 of which don' t know what' s in our Bill of Rights.

Good luck with the move, by the way.
*Sheeple: V: A group of people who follow and believe everything they' re told, regardless of logic and common sense. Refers to the tendency of sheep to go wherever they' re herded no matter where that is. No known singular form.
< Message edited by Die_Hounderdoggen -- 10 Jan 07 0:31:50 >
Nitro

RE: Not Long Now! - Jan 10, 2007 08:52
Hahahaha, well y' see that' s why i chose Canada and not the US. I could still be denied though so it' s just a matter of waiting.

Anyway where have you been dude?! You really should post more often y' know!

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Not Long Now! - Jan 10, 2007 23:20

Anyway where have you been dude?! You really should post more often y' know!

Heh, blame that one on me, I introduced him to Dead Rising. I played it once, went, " mmmmmmkay" , then loaned it to him. I' m pretty sure he' s addicted.

" Must... Get... Unlimited... Ammo... Belt-!!!!"

It' s even better news now because the weather is so bleak here at the moment. I haven' t seen a bright sky here for 3 months. I live further North than Adam and Tiz and not far (at all) from choupolo, and the winters are dark, very wet and gloomy.

See, I don' t mind overcast gloomy weather at all. Less sunlight means less sun, and that' s a good thing, (People mistaken me for having a light tan because of all my freckles) because when I hit direct sunlight I smell fried chicken. It also has the wonderful side effect of clearing out the streets, nobody wants to go shopping on a crappy day, so I usually head out then.

Well, hopefully wherever you go gets snow in the winter. We' re usually loaded in Michigan, but so far, we haven' t gotten so much as an inch. I need to board!!!

By the way, where are you going if you don' t get into Cananada?
Nitro

RE: Not Long Now! - Jan 11, 2007 00:11

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

By the way, where are you going if you don' t get into Canada?

It' s something i' ve given a lot of thought. Greece and Italy are on the table, as is Spain and as is Israel. Israel may seem strange but i have family there and could fairly easily get work, ...i' m just not sure i' d want to stay there for very long. Greece and Spain would be great for the summers, but theyre very quiet during the winter seasons and so i' d need to make enough money during the summer to carry me through the winter, or find a job that is year round, most of which are very hard to come by. Italy would be ok year round and i have family there. Fewer people speak English than in the rest of Europe though and i don' t speak Italian, although i' d obviously learn. Work would be ok but Italy is at the bottom of my list.

Other than that i don' t know. I' d have enough money from selling my apartment to buy a small business in Greece or Spain, but i' d have to find something i could live in, maybe a bar with accommodation above it. I wouldn' t mind opening an internet cafe or something though, i' d just have to find an area where i could guarantee enough turnover.

I' m hoping Canada comes through though. There' s no real reason they could deny me but it' s still a possibility.
Agent Ghost

RE: Not Long Now! - Jan 11, 2007 16:51
I' d be very surprised if you' re refused.
Nitro

RE: I' m Going To CANADA!!!!!!!!! - Jan 16, 2007 02:48
I' m going to Canada baby!

I have to pay a Right of Permanent Residency fee, supply 4 up to date passport photos, go for a medical and wait another 4 months but i' m going to freaking Canada to live!!!!

Looks like i' ll be leaving the UK during the summer. I can' t wait!!!!
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 15 Jan 07 18:48:31 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: I' m Going To CANADA!!!!!!!!! - Jan 16, 2007 03:21
Traitor! What happened with the whole " for king and country" stuff?
Canadians are semi-french, don' t you hate the french?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 15 Jan 07 19:21:49 >
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: I' m Going To CANADA!!!!!!!!! - Jan 16, 2007 03:32
You lucky bastard. Hope it all goes well out there for you as I say it is better over there than over here at the moment.
Agent Ghost

RE: I' m Going To CANADA!!!!!!!!! - Jan 16, 2007 06:53
The French people are easy to avoid. All you have to do is stay out of just one of our provinces. The rest is pretty much all english. Not that the french here are nearly as bad as the french in France....

Anyways congratulations Majik, I never doubted you' d be accepted. Now all you have to worry about is where in Canada you want to live. Personally I think Alberta is your best bet with the job market kicking ass there. Canada has the second largest oil reserve in the world and its all in Alberta. That place is pissing money. The job market is so strong there that even places like McDonalds are forced to pay twice the typical wages and even offer free trips to their employees just because there are so many good jobs in the area.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: I' m Going To CANADA!!!!!!!!! - Jan 16, 2007 07:19
Congrats Majik! Glad to see that worked out for you. Just stay out of Quebec & you' ll do fine. Be sure to keep us updated & all that jazz.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: I' m Going To CANADA!!!!!!!!! - Jan 16, 2007 07:51
Congrats Majik

Agent Ghost is right about the job market in Calgary, but it is really hard to find a place to live. Basically all the housing costs 25% to 50% more than anywhere else in the country. But hey, I was born here and I still love it. Great hockey team, all sorts of skiing/snowboarding resorts within an hour and a half away and crazy mild weather in the city.

Plus, BC is right next door, and thats basically my favorite place in the entire world. The mountains, the lakes, the forest, the coast, I just love it.
Nitro

RE: I' m Going To CANADA!!!!!!!!! - Jan 16, 2007 08:03
You live in Calgary?

Man i' ve have been to the Stampede for the past 3 years in a row! Calgary is one of the coolest places in Canada, even if the wind chill can drop the temperature to -40!!!

Finding somewhere to live wouldn' t be a big issue. I own the apartment i' m living in and i' ll be able to buy something nicer when i move due to the one good thing about the UK, ...it' s currency. Right now the rate is 2.29 and the cost of living in Canada is far far less than it is here.

As for where i will be going. I think i need to start looking.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: I' m Going To CANADA!!!!!!!!! - Jan 16, 2007 09:03
WELCOM TO CANADA MAJIK!!!

I live just 3 hours north of Avarice in Edmonton, and he' s right about property costs. Right now here in Edmonton we are on par with Vancouver for housing prices right now!!!!

But hey, WELCOME!!

As Avarice stated, we have the Rockies right next door to us, and BC as well, which is beautiful.................. and..................... if you' re into it......... well known for there BC BUD!!!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: I' m Going To CANADA!!!!!!!!! - Jan 16, 2007 16:39
Congratulations, bro!
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: I' m Going To CANADA!!!!!!!!! - Jan 23, 2007 03:54

ORIGINAL: Nitro

If i get rejected i' ll be making plans to move to somewhere else in Europe before the end of the year. If i get accepted then i' ll be in Canada before September.

EDIT: See last post!

I don' t know who you are but good luck and congrats. I too want to leave my country and am thinking Canada. I have a Bsc. In Biochemistry and Mathematics , since I graduated in 2005 i haven' t even got a permanent job. I have been home for 9 months since i left my old job. is the HSMP any good. I have a form and just need to fill it out and send it but the 310 pounds is about all i have.
Nitro

RE: I' m Going To CANADA!!!!!!!!! - Jan 23, 2007 04:04

I don' t know who you are

**Cries**
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: I' m Going To CANADA!!!!!!!!! - Jan 23, 2007 06:15
" **Cries**"

Changing your name Majik was a big mistake. What kind of person would do that?

...Actually I wish I did it your way.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 22 Jan 07 22:16:11 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message