Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 List 3 Games From This Year...
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
List 3 Games From This Year... - Aug 20, 2004 18:39
Ok...list three games (demos or final release) from this year, that you bought, rented, or played that really left an impression (bad or good) on you...

My three are:

1) Tales of Symphonia - I just love well-made RPG' s!
2) ESPN NFL 2005 - Awesome depth and gameplay!
3) Pure Pinball - Though it looks and plays well, it is only a single-player game
... how lame is that!?
tworaw

• Total Posts : 20
RE: List 3 Games From This Year... - Aug 20, 2004 18:47
ok this year hmmmmmmmmmm

1)KOTOR
2)XBOX Live
3) cant think of none 2004 sucked for gameing.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: List 3 Games From This Year... - Aug 20, 2004 18:58
I purchased the following:

1) Deus X - only beef...it wasn' t long enough!

2) XIII - rented it for x-box and thoroughly loved it -- the whole comic idea was excellent, graphics were great. Then I turned around and bought XIII for PS2 and it wasn' t the same at all. Graphics weren' t as good, control was terrible, etc.. Drove me absolutely crazy!

Don' t have a third yet, but it will be Halo 2 when it releases and Fable will be my fourth.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: List 3 Games From This Year... - Aug 20, 2004 22:59

3) cant think of none 2004 sucked for gameing.

I' m sorry, but this may be the most ridiculous, uninformed statement I' ve ever seen. 2004 is shaping up to be one of the best years in gaming since 2001, and before that, since 1994. I mean, look what we' ve seen already this year:

Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)
Champions of Norrath (PS2)
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (multi)
Far Cry (PC)
Onimusha 3 (PS2)
The Chronicles or Riddick (Xbox)
Rallisport 2 (Xbox)
DOOM 3 (PC)
Tales of Symphonia (GC)
ESPN NFL 2k5 (multi)
Madden 2005 (multi)

And with Gran Turismo 4 (PS2), Fable (Xbox), Suikoden IV (PS2), Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2), Halo 2 (Xbox), Metroid Prime 2 (GC), God of War (PS2), Half-Life 2 (PC), and many others scheduled, I' m not sure how anyone can say that " 2004 sucks for gaming."

As for me, this year, Chronicles of Riddick and Champions of Norrath are my favorite so far, and both are just fantastic. CoR was borderline revolutionary; the single best-looking console game ever, a beautiful blend of first-person action and stealth, and although very short, WELL worth owning. CoR was longer and deeper than either of the BG: DA' s, which it takes directly after, and is LOADED with almost endless replay value.
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: List 3 Games From This Year... - Aug 21, 2004 00:26
ninja gaiden- absolutely loved the challenge, and my vote for goty.
sc: pandora tomorrow- haven' t played multiplayer, but man, do i want to.
fatal frame 2: i think this was an 03 game, but i gotta put it anyway. i loved it.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: List 3 Games From This Year... - Aug 21, 2004 08:47
1. Doom3- While I don' t have a computer that can handle it, I played about an hour of it on my friend' s machine. Wow was it an experience

2. Killzone(beta)- Although it' s in its early stages, and just a beta, the disc hasn' t left my PS2 since I got it on monday of this week. Awesome title, I just cannot wait until the final build is released

3. Counter-strike: Source- Ok, I' ve only gotten about 20 minutes with this game. But, I was one day a counter-strike junkie and although I didn' t feel(in my incredible 20 playtime minutes ) that it was really that much different from its original, I loved it.

Man, my 3 picks are all FPS' s?? Maybe it' s the enormous amount of beer I' ve consumed tonight, but those are what I' ve come up with. It' s especially strange considering I' m a huge action/ RPG fan
Zotty

• Total Posts : 41
RE: List 3 Games From This Year... - Aug 21, 2004 13:46
1. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, lovely remake and enjoyed it alot.

2. Ninja Gaiden, quite a challenge and it was alot of fun. Its a wonderfull game.

3. Halo, played it on the pc but got it this year for the Xbox. Loved the co-op mode and I had a blast with it. I cant wait for Halo 2.

But this year isnt over yet but I think my list will look something like this if all goes well.

1. Fable
2. Paper Mario/Pikmin2
3. Halo 2
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: List 3 Games From This Year... - Aug 23, 2004 14:57
Every one of your picks are awesome...

Anyone else gonna give us your 3 favorites?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll