Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 First game you remember playing?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 42
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
First game you remember playing? - Jul 24, 2004 22:38
So guys / girls, I was just wondering what was the first game you remember playing on your first console. I' m sure my first game was an obscure Sinclaire ZD Spectrum game as my dad owned one. If I had to guess I' d say a Ninja Turtles game for it. But it could have been Space Invaders as he had that too.

But my first ever console was the humble Master System, with Alex Kid built in! Yeeeah. Alex Kid was aaaace. Rock Paper Scissors was the bomb. I remember me and a group of friends would play the game once every week and would memorise the best way to beat each boss. I personally didn' t kill the last boss but I watched a mate kill him. Ahh, that was the happiest day. The only other game I actually owned for my Master System was a strange top down shooting one. You started out in a car and then it started to fly or something. That was cool, I finished that by myself. I had my Master System a year then my parents decided to take it for a Mega Drive. Woo.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: First game you remember playing? - Jul 24, 2004 23:27
I don' t remember what my first arcade game was. Maybe Pac Man. I don' t remember what my first Atari game was... I never owned the thing. But my first console was the Sega Master System and it came with Hang-On and Safari Hunt on one cartridge. I also purchased Space Harrier and Choplifter at the same time. The first game I played was Hang-On.

PS - You need to send me Out Run 3D. It never came out over here.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: First game you remember playing? - Jul 25, 2004 05:33
Joust
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: First game you remember playing? - Jul 25, 2004 05:47
My first game was Super Mario 3 for the NES in 1993.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: First game you remember playing? - Jul 25, 2004 05:49
That would be Pong, on my father' s old Atari back in 1982. I was only 4, but I do remember holding the joystick for the first time. My first arcade game was Pac-Man and my first PC game was an old text adventure entitled " Cave Adventure." In other words, I basically started traditionally.
Pierre2k

• Total Posts : 70
RE: First game you remember playing? - Jul 25, 2004 11:31
My first gaming experience is very similar to Fathoms' . The fist game I ever played was on the old Atari I used to own and " Pong" . Soon afterwards I played Pacman and Space Invaders. Also used to have this ancient gaming machine that had a cartridge with many pong variations such as ice hockey where the square ball/puck could go behind the goals.

After the small steps into gaming with the Atari, my first really memorable gaming started when I got my Commadore 64. The first game I played on it was Super Tanx (sumoething like that anyway), followed by Gangsters (a light gun game bundled with the C64 and gun package). The first text based adventure I ever played was also on the C64 with a game called the Cranmore Diamond or something like that. You were a thief staying in the hotel across the road from the museam the diamond was being displayed in. You had to get acorss the road unnoticed and steal it. All those " wrong syntax" errors used to drive me nuts.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: First game you remember playing? - Jul 25, 2004 16:03
Frogger and one other game on the Atari.
HydroGen

• Total Posts : 52
RE: First game you remember playing? - Jul 25, 2004 19:22
I think mine was some game on a tape called Crazy Rider or it might have been paper boy. First console i owned was the Megadrive and me and my brothers got Altered Beast and MJ Moonwalker, still have those games aswell.
music_maniac1965

• Total Posts : 70
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 09, 2004 19:40
my first game is pong. on a small device that had 4 games on it. tennis/squash/ice hockey/and a game i dont recall.

right after that i' ve got me an atari 2800 (2 buttons more on the console than the 2600) with pac man and the smurfs.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 09, 2004 22:28
i think that it was q-bert for the caleco system...it was really fun until i jammed a grilled cheese into the game port bc i thougth q-bert would do better if he ate...no kidding....god i was dumb
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 09, 2004 23:59
Why has nobody yet sent me Out Run 3D?
Smedley XB

• Total Posts : 1
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 10, 2004 02:05
My first game would also be PONG
I guess I' m only as old as I feel.

-Smedley

X-BOX Live: Smedley XB
Vysehrahd

• Total Posts : 46
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 10, 2004 16:02
First game i think was pong... first game that really made an impact : 4D boxing on PC. Me and my brother would play that for so long. We played that so hardcore that the " K" key was used so much (the punch button) that the letter wore off and stoped working.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 10, 2004 22:12
frogger was def up there too...can we stop this thread....i feel old and crap.
Zotty

• Total Posts : 41
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 10, 2004 22:38
The first game that I played would be hmm Dark Chambers for the Atari 2600. It was a real blast and the multiplayer was awsome Oddly enough I still remember it when I first played that game and that was in somewhere in 1988 and I was like 4 or 5 years old.

I should hook up the system and play it again

edit: And woohoo first post
< Message edited by Zotty -- 8/10/2004 10:39:30 PM >
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 11, 2004 05:26
Ok, i remember playing a " video game" that was pong, it wasn' t a cartridge or anything for another system, it was a machine that you hooked up to a TV and all you could play was a primitive form of pong. there was one player and two player (vs) and that was it. We loved it when dad would hook that thing up to the TV.
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 11, 2004 13:17
first game i played....Duck hunt on the Nes. Nothing better than shooting down pixelated ducks while standing an inch away from the TV.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 11, 2004 17:55
Frogger in arcade.
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 13, 2004 05:48
some Liu Kang game on the NES
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 13, 2004 05:59
I can' t even remember the name now, but it was on the Atari 2600. You were like a little square travelling thru puzzles to find keys and slay what looked like dragons(made of squares )
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 42

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message