Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 BlitzBall
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
BlitzBall - Jul 06, 2004 01:29
Those who' ve played FFX know what this is, those who haven' t it' s like an under water version of ummm rugby.
When you played FFX did you play a lot of blitzball? I find myself playing it a lot more than I expected I would.
I just won my 2nd tournament (only played 2) and am 1st place in the league standings with a record of 5-2-0 (I' m on a 4 game winning streak)
I find it really fun and you do get bonuses from it so it' s not a total waste. I got a new overdrive move for Wakka for winning the tournament
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: BlitzBall - Jul 06, 2004 03:45
I didn' t like blitzball, i only played it as much as i had to. I just never took the time to get into it, or get to like it.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: BlitzBall - Jul 07, 2004 01:28
I thought it was ok after learning the tiny bits of gameplay. But, it wasn' t good enough to keep my attention for long. That about sums up my whole FFX experience, it didn' t hold my attention
RavenShadow

RE: BlitzBall - Jul 07, 2004 04:08
Really? I find that I am enjoying FFX a lot more than I expected too. I think the sphere grid system is really cool and the blitzball is fun so it adds another aspect to the game.
PresAgent

• Total Posts : 50
RE: BlitzBall - Jul 07, 2004 05:30
At first I hated Blitzball, but my second time through the game I loved it. I had a great team too, all of them in the upper level 30' s. Not much, but for the time I put into it, it was great. Blitzball is one of my favorite minigames in an RPG I have yet to play. It' s actually really quite fun once you get used to it. I loved Tidus' Jecht Shot Mk II (or was it III?) combined with a spin ball (or whatever makes the ball move around before going in the goal).
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: BlitzBall - Jul 07, 2004 14:08
Blitzball was the bane of my existance. I wish I had the interest in getting better players recruited and so forth, but no matter what, my team always sucked. so i just said screw it. i imagine id be a lot better at it if i had some semblence of what was going on. oh well.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: BlitzBall - Jul 08, 2004 22:36
I think Xtreme kind of sums up my experience. As a side note, I loved the sphere grid system.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: BlitzBall - Jul 09, 2004 14:55
Blitzball in FF X ruled...in FF X-2, it SUCKED. I have NO idea why they changed it.

Anyway, I didn' t like it at first in FF X, either. I just got clobbered every time I played. Then I realized that in order to fully activate all the legendary weapons, I was going to have to learn...the Jupiter Sigil, for Wakka' s ultimate weapon, could only be obtained by winning a tournament.

Then I simply checked all the player' s stats (they' re in the strategy guide), and found the best players to recruit. Most of them are on the Al Bhed team, so I basically recruited their entire team. LOL Nimrook was the last to join (they kept resigning him), but he' s the best goalie in the game. Once the team was assembled, I went on a 52-game winning streak...with the opposition scoring a grand total of 0 goals. I averaged about 7 per game. It was FUN, having an invincible BB team.
AlexW

• Total Posts : 22
RE: BlitzBall - Jul 09, 2004 15:58
I' m with Rikka. Blitzball is an abomination. The only time I ever played it was when it was required by the story. While I can appreciate how it meshes with the game world, I just couldn' t get into it.
RavenShadow

RE: BlitzBall - Jul 11, 2004 21:04
I lost my first game in 8 games last night.
Damn Al Bhed beat me 3 - 2 in overtime. Stupid Nimrook.
I have stuck with all the original Aurochs up until today where I added two Al Bhed (not very good ones though)
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: BlitzBall - Jul 13, 2004 16:13
You NEED Nimrook. You also need Eigaar and Blappa to flank Tidus, and you' ll be unstoppable. The Al Bhed have the best players, period.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll