Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Too human has no camera problems! ahum...
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 58
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 11, 2007 22:28
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 11, 2007 23:05
God of War II > Too Human
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 12, 2007 01:22
you cant really compare an released game on an old formula, to an unreleased game on a new formula

so

God of War II > Too Human

is a stupid statement, dont judge untill its been released.

Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 12, 2007 03:05
I hated the look of the demo (mainly becuase of the Jerk). but after hearing Denis Dyack on a EGM podcast a few months back im looking forward to seeing a finsihed copy.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 12, 2007 03:08
It still does look really jerky though, the gameplay isn' t too fluid, the characters
look like over-dressed plastic display window food.

With the likes of Ninja Gaiden, God of War, Devil May Cry and Heavenly Sword.
I don' t think Too Human stands a chance.

Of course I' ll wait until the finished product, but for now, I am entitled to rant.

Who wants to place a bet that the framerate doesn' t improve as much as what we
are seeing now?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 12, 2007 03:09
I find this game very interesting.
It could be super amazing or it could be worse than shit.
Of course, I' m hoping for the first.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 12, 2007 03:16
It' s interesting, no doubt about that, does anyone know when it' s release is?
Vx Chemical

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 12, 2007 04:35

It' s interesting, no doubt about that, does anyone know when it' s release is?

A safe bet would be november, december.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 12, 2007 04:43
I just want another Eternal Darkness!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 12, 2007 04:49
This is a god of war wanna-be if I saw one. And if it even gets 30% of the way to that, all the 360 fanboys will delcare it the best thing ever. and proceed to ' lol' at the ps3.

Laugh all you want, but when you see God of war 3, it will destory this. Gow2 destorys this.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 11 May 07 20:51:14 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 12, 2007 05:57
My prediction is that this game gets lost in the shuffle of the overloaded holiday season, and doesn' t sell well enough to justify the completion of the trilogy. I don' t really wish any ill will to the devs, there' s just too much high profile stuff coming out at the end of this year and this game already has serious image problems.
Vx Chemical

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 12, 2007 06:10
this game has more going for it than GoW, as it has a rp system, coop play and such. Im not saying its going to be great, but the storyline intrigues me!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 12, 2007 06:26
I predict the story will be so in-depth that it will go over 90% of the audience' s heads. That 90% will then proceed to judge the game by its graphics and animation, which kinda sucks, and compare it to Devil May Cry and God of War, to which there are both obvious similarities and major differences.

In short it' ll be a cult hit as much as Eternal Darkness was.
Nitro

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 12, 2007 07:02
They' ve talked up their " revolutionary" cinematic camera system, worked on it for freakin' ages and it' s still shit compared to God of War II' s.

God of War might have been good, but God of War II is simply amazing. The camera, combat, levelling system, story etc are all virtually perfect. Too Human uses a very similar design brief but is adds deeper RPG elements. That' s all well and good but the game has as heavy a focus on exploration of epic locations, combat and mythology as God of War II and so it can be directly compared.

Too Human isn' t bringing anything new to the table. It' s been a work-in-progress for over a decade an the most interesting thing they can come up with is assigning the combat to the right analog stick, ...something which i consider to be a VERY bad idea.

Too Human had unbelievable promise when it was first announced for 360. They showed it early and even though it looked rough i thought it would still end up being amazing. They went dark, told us they' d show it again when they were happy with it, ...but when they did come back it still looked like ass. The camera, the animations, the combat, the character modelling (sans Baldur), ...it all looks lame.

Graphically the game is stunning. Everything in screenshots like these looks superb...

...and it' d be so easy to get immersed in a world like this, ...but as soon as you see Baldur in motion, see him running, see the dumb camera, see the awkward looking combat etc you can' t help but wince. And people say Sam Fisher moves awkwardly!?

Too Human, like it or not, is a God of War clone, with less emphasis on platforming and more emphasis on character customization and RPG uber levelling.

Right now my interest levels in this game are at an all time low.

Vx Chemical

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 12, 2007 07:11

They' ve talked up their " revolutionary" cinematic camera system, worked on it for freakin' ages and it' s still shit compared to God of War II' s.

God of War might have been good, but God of War II is simply amazing. The camera, combat, levelling system, story etc are all virtually perfect. Too Human uses a very similar design brief but is adds deeper RPG elements. That' s all well and good but the game has as heavy a focus on exploration of epic locations, combat and mythology as God of War II and so it can be directly compared.

Too Human isn' t bringing anything new to the table. It' s been a work-in-progress for over a decade an the most interesting thing they can come up with is assigning the combat to the right analog stick, ...something which i consider to be a VERY bad idea.

Too Human had unbelievable promise when it was first announced for 360. They showed it early and even though it looked rough i thought it would still end up being amazing. They went dark, told us they' d show it again when they were happy with it, ...but when they did come back it still looked like ass. The camera, the animations, the combat, the character modelling (sans Baldur), ...it all looks lame.

Graphically the game is stunning. Everything in screenshots like these looks superb...

...and it' d be so easy to get immersed in a world like this, ...but as soon as you see Baldur in motion, see him running, see the dumb camera, see the awkward looking combat etc you can' t help but wince. And people say Sam Fisher moves awkwardly!?

Too Human, like it or not, is a God of War clone, with less emphasis on platforming and more emphasis on character customization and RPG uber levelling.

Right now my interest levels in this game are at an all time low.

I wont judge it untill its done. I havent played GoW since going from HD to PS2 Graphics makes me quesy.

Alot of games have previously had a tremendous push in the last months of development.

Though calling it a GoW clone would be kinda wrong since its been in development for way before GoW was even conceived ;) Wouldnt GoW in turn be a Ninja Gaiden clone though? which would be a RE clone, which is a Alone in the Dark clone which is a clone of the first 3rd persno game made.

Clone talk is a waste of time!
Nitro

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 12, 2007 07:36

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I wont judge it untill its done. I havent played GoW since going from HD to PS2 Graphics makes me quesy.

Then you' re missing out. God of War II is one of those games (like Ninja Gaiden Black) that looks amazing in 576p. It' s easily the best PS2 game ever and is better looking than i even expected.

Alot of games have previously had a tremendous push in the last months of development.

Yeah that' s true, and my interest could pick up yet, ...but they' d have to fix more stuff than i' d care to mention, but most notably the animations and combat. I doubt they' ll alter either much.

Though calling it a GoW clone would be kinda wrong since its been in development for way before GoW was even conceived ;)

The Playstation and N64 versions were 3rd person corridor shootes with odd looking TRON-like parts. It was nothing like it is now until it was moved to 360 and since God of War was released in March 05, well before Too Human re-surfaced, i think it' s fair to call it a God of War clone...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 12, 2007 08:39
Wow... colorfully bland. All of the enemies were lined up at the same angle, not good. Even in an early build that doesn' t give me the warm fuzzies. I' ll wait ' till we get the final product before deliberation, but this has turned me off a smidge.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 01:27
4 player co-op for the whole story along with a mix of Diablo/God of War style of game play... I' ve been sold since I heard the concept.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 02:09

This is a god of war wanna-be if I saw one. And if it even gets 30% of the way to that, all the 360 fanboys will delcare it the best thing ever. and proceed to ' lol' at the ps3.

Kind of like what all the sony fanboys did when GoW 1 came out? But you cant blame them. At that point in time the sony fanboys hadnt seen what a decent game looked like on the ps2
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 03:03

At that point in time the sony fanboys hadnt seen what a decent game looked like on the ps2

Really? I dont think so my friend.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 58

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread