Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Too human has no camera problems! ahum...
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 58 of 58
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 04:19

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

So was Console FPS and dual analog controls! Its innovation you cant complain about it if it works!

well yeah, if it works i will gladly eat my own words,but if not???still i dont know how will accually play but what kind of control do you have over your character only by just using the stick??? to mw this looks like a way to help noobs get over the main quest.

PD. Do dual analog control work better for FPS than mouse/keyboard???
< Message edited by fernandino -- 14 May 07 20:29:00 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 04:33
Stick control for combat has never worked. Fight Night uses it and it only kinda works because you' re facing just one direction, ...but there are only like 8 different punches and playing with the stick is super slow, super awkward and super tricky. Fortunately EA Chicago had the good sense to make it optional and the game plays 500% better using buttons.

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 05:18
The controls work superply in the simple game called " something" Wars (dont you know when your just blank on something?) on Xbox live, if they can transfer some of that into Too Human, also its not a matter of what you way you are pulling, you just run around with the left stick, and point the right stick in the direction you want to shoot, simple!
Nitro

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 05:35

The controls work superply in the simple game called " something" Wars (dont you know when your just blank on something?) on Xbox live, if they can transfer some of that into Too Human, also its not a matter of what you way you are pulling, you just run around with the left stick, and point the right stick in the direction you want to shoot, simple!

Shoot?

Um, no, ranged combat is handled by the triggers, ...only melee combat is assigned to the right stick. That' s my problem.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 05:36

ranged combat is handled by the triggers, ...only melee combat is assigned to the right stick. That' s my problem.

I think I' ll like that control scheme.
Nitro

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 09:12

Too Human has big boots to fill...

Agent Ghost

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 09:21
Why do you keep comparing it to GOW? It' s not even on the same console as GOW, or generation for that matter.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 15 May 07 1:22:10 >
Nitro

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 09:40
Because it' s a God of War clone.

I don' t know what they spent on God of War II but with Too Humans $80M+ development budget it needs to be something special, and it needs to be a better game than the one it apes.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 10:46

It' s not even on the same console as GOW, or generation for that matter.

Why cant you compare games on different consoles?
Agent Ghost

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 11:17
I have no problem with comparing games from different generations but Too Human' s success will be completely independant from GOW. GOW will have zero effect on wheather or not Too Human becomes a worthy trilogy.

Besides Too Human is not really a clone of GOW. There is enough to distiguish Too Human in it' s own right. TH is as different from GOW as Crackdown is from GTA.

I don' t know, I guess I just don' t like all this talk of clones. With that logic every game is a clone of some other game.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 11:42

Besides Too Human is not really a clone of GOW. There is enough to distiguish Too Human in it' s own right. TH is as different from GOW as Crackdown is from GTA.

I havent really seen anything on TH other than the video with the floating head. I dont even know what the story lines about or even how it could possibly compare with GOW especially when this game looks like it takes place in the future and GOW doesnt
Vx Chemical

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 16:02

I have no problem with comparing games from different generations but Too Human' s success will be completely independant from GOW. GOW will have zero effect on wheather or not Too Human becomes a worthy trilogy.

I don' t know, I guess I just don' t like all this talk of clones. With that logic every game is a clone of some other game.

I agree fully on this. The two games arent really comparable and talk of clones simply goes no where. Besides why is it a clone of GOW and not Ninja Gaiden? og Devil May Cry?

You dont have to have game wars and put them up against eachother, you are allowed to like both!
Nitro

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 17:12

Besides why is it a clone of GOW and not Ninja Gaiden? og Devil May Cry?

It' ' s not a clone per-say, but the two have too much in common to be completely separate. Even Dyack said that the game featured many elements found in games like God of war and Devil May Cry.

Too Human began life as a completely different game. The Playstation and Gamecube incarnations were totally different to what we have now, and we didn' t see what Too Human had ultimately become until more than 12 months after God of War had hit shelves.

They' re definitely different enough to differentiate themselves. I mean, this isn' t what Saints Row is to GTA, ...but they do share a basic game design and that' s what i was getting at.

Perhaps it was inspired by God of War. It does have more in common with God of War than it does with most other games...

But meh, i' ve done some reading and it looks like you can' t choose your attack, you just choose the direction. If that' s true then it' s freakin' lame as fuck. My problem with the game is the dumb analogue stick directed melee combat.

As for why i keep bringing up God of War, it' s the best game in that " genre" so regardless of the platform or even generation (although GOW2 has only been out for a few weeks) it' s the best game to compare it to.

If they fix the issues they' re having and can prove that the combat works then it' ll be a blast.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 18:37
Just wait till you play the game before you judge it. It' s hard to judge it just by looking at the short videos. If anything, we should listen to the developers. And we all know developers talk alot of crap. So, we basically know nothing.
Save your strength.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 17, 2007 08:11
Yoinking my way back into this here conversation.

Baldurs runcycle looks like it was taken straight out of Shadows of the Empire on N64. It' s that bad.
One more dumb comment like that & I' ll have you drawn & quartered. Shadows walks all up & down this game' s scrawny behind.
Nitro

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 17, 2007 08:55

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Yoinking my way back into this here conversation.

Baldurs runcycle looks like it was taken straight out of Shadows of the Empire on N64. It' s that bad.

One more dumb comment like that & I' ll have you drawn & quartered. Shadows walks all up & down this game' s scrawny behind.

There' s no excuse this gen for stiff and awkward looking animations. If you' re not using mo-cap then you need to ensure that your hand animated movements look right.
Vx Chemical

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 18, 2007 00:21

There' s no excuse this gen for stiff and awkward looking animations. If you' re not using mo-cap then you need to ensure that your hand animated movements look right.

I' ve seen body builders move like that, in addition, you dont know how many implants mr. Baldur has in him, and how hydralics effect movement when imbedded in the muscles, i bet it makes you look stiff
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 18, 2007 00:54
The animations didn' t bother me the last time I ckecked the videos. I' ll look at them again to see if I missed something.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 58 of 58

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message