Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Too human has no camera problems! ahum...
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 58
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 05:22
Just looked over the Video Specials at IGN, im still hooked for the game, the combat seems like fun, and i can fully see how they are going with the right stick. The camera in the videos seemed to work pretty well to me. it didnt move in any stupid directions. and with some months to polish, this will be good to go!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 06:57
Too Human = Daikatana
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 07:25
I' m sure Too Human will be good,but I do wonder about it being an AAA title...
Vx Chemical

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 18:06
Seems to me people havent been looking at the vids shown, i think it looks great. Which daikatana didnt at any point in time.

Silicon Knights have proven what they can do, ION STORM hadnt done anything before Daikatana, they are hardly worth a comparison!

I' ll let you guys continue to believe what you want the game have moved a ton since they showed it too early at E3
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 18:43
I watched the IGN video special (again) and it looks really cool. The game has different aesthetics compared to GoW and other games of this genre, so even though the gameplay isn' t groundbreaking I think this game looks very interesting.
But the fighting looked lame though, they need to work on that.

In one of the videos they say that they are having a hard time describing the game and giving a summary of it. And they even say

" A lot of people are kinda quick to compare it to X or Y or Z, or something like God of War. But really the game is very, very different and very unique."
and
" Essentially Too human has some gameplay elements that may look like God of war at first, but it' s really not."
Not exact quotes, but close. They' re promising a lot, I hope they' ll live up to it.
Nitro

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 19:05
Baldurs runcycle looks like it was taken straight out of Shadows of the Empire on N64. It' s that bad.

But hey, i could live with Baldur running like he seriously needs to take a shit if the combat looked half decent. Bear in mind that even though the game is an action-RPG it' s still going to be directly compared to Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry and God of War, ...all of which have deep combo systems be it methodical (Ninja Gaiden) or freeform (Devil May Cry/God of war). Assigning combat to the right stick was the worst think they could do. It looks awkward, it' s not precise, it' s seriously limited as far as complex strings of combos are concerned and it' s been tried in games before and has never worked.

Instead of giving people the option to use buttons for combat they' ve decided that nobody would ever prefer buttons over sticks and assigned BATTLE CRYS to them instead! WHAT. THE. FUCK?

So what we' ll get is random slashing in all different directions rather than a well thought out, deep system like Devil May Cry' s.

I could go on but it' s hardly worth it. The game will be hyped and will probably sell by the truckload but Dyack needs to do more to impress me because as far as i' m concerned God of War II has already shown how it needs to be done and Silicon Knights are trying too hard to differentiate their game. It' s not Gears of War and it' s not Mass Effect. It could have been, but it' s not.

Also, note that Gears of war was made for $10M. This has already surpassed $80M and looks like the most expensive videogame ever created. If they fuck it up they' ll be a laughing stock.
Vx Chemical

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 19:28

It' s not Gears of War and it' s not Mass Effect. It could have been, but it' s not.

No its Too Human, i like the control scheme, its not tried and true, but i can easily see how it will work.
Nitro

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 19:32
Meh, i' m usually wrong anyway...
Vx Chemical

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 19:49
Its been known to happen.

Im not saying the game is the second coming of christ, that spot is saved for Mass Effect.

But it will be a good solid game, nice graphics, good backdrop, and i hope the do it all well enough to finish the triology!
Nitro

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 20:11
But you said Metroid Prime was rubbish, meaning we probably look at different things when deciding whether i game looks good or not.

And yeah, i have been wrong before. I said i though Crackdown would be awful and it turned out to be amazing...
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 20:41
I think Metroid Prime is the best game ever!
I think Too human looks cool.
Vx Chemical

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 20:48
I wouldnt call Metroid Rubbish, they just did something i wouldnt have done so they could try and call if FP Adventure instead of FPS, but it just turned out to be a FPS with bad controls, but thats my opinion
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 21:11
Everything in Metroid just disgust me,I feel nothing for the world,I just doesnt have a good time with it.
fuck it.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 22:09

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Also, note that Gears of war was made for $10M.

Hahahaha, my ass. I' d like to know where you are getting your numbers from because from what I' ve read you' re waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.
Nitro

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 22:26

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Also, note that Gears of war was made for $10M.

Hahahaha, my ass. I' d like to know where you are getting your numbers from because from what I' ve read you' re waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

Yeah, it' ll be your ass then because the $10M figure comes straight from Mark Rein
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 14, 2007 23:55
I think what Majik meant was it was made on a budget of $10M.

I think Rampage thought that Majik meant it has only made $10M, in terms of
sales and stuff.

Misunderstanding?

The double jump in GoW2 is funny.
Nitro

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 00:03

ORIGINAL: Tiz

The double jump in GoW2 is funny.

So are the QTE' s...

Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 00:15
Looking at that GoW2 clip makes me wish I had a PS3/PS2.
< Message edited by Duffman -- 14 May 07 16:22:02 >
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 03:54
To me this game its going to be like the retarded cousin of the Diablo series, i am a huge fan of Diablo and to me the original Devil May Cry is by far the best accion adventure game ever, well beyond NG and GoW, still, this game has zero appeal to me, using the stick for the combat is just super retarded.
Vx Chemical

RE: Too human has no camera problems! ahum... - May 15, 2007 04:05

using the stick for the combat is just super retarded.

So was Console FPS and dual analog controls! Its innovation you cant complain about it if it works!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 58

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message