Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Sony PSP - who' s getting one?
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
The Sony PSP - who' s getting one? - Oct 31, 2004 00:49
So Sony came out with their Japanese PSP launch details earlier this week. Launch date is December 12. Price is cheaper than most expected at the equivalent of roughly US$200 with the games coming in at US$50 which isn' t that much more than the Nintendo DS. The console is to have no region protection too meaning that all games will play on all PSP systems, which is nice. I' ve already preordered mine, but I can' t help but think I' m getting it for the PSP' s cool design as opposed to the launch games which while solid are nothing special. Still I' ll look cool playing Puzzle Bobble on the bus into university for the 6 months or so prior to the UK launch :)
< Message edited by Gossi_the_dog -- 10/31/2004 12:52:52 AM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: The Sony PSP - who' s getting one? - Oct 31, 2004 01:57
I won' t be getting one!!!! Not unless multiple games that are simply awe-inspiring come out, and then maybe I will consider. But there is nothing on the system that even remotely looks like it resembles games that are actually worth having. I don' t care if the thing plays movies. I don' t care if the thing plays MP3s. I would rather smell my own diarrhea than watch movies or listen to music on what should be a game machine. If I want to watch movies or listen to music, I' ll do it on hardware that is specificlly designed for the task and therefore does it exceptionally well. Since the PSP is designed to be everything to everybody, you can bet that most things it will not or can not to exceedingly well.

It will be interesting to see if the first units break down quickly like all first runs of Sony products do. There will be exceptions, but I imagine a significant percentage will be faulty. Sony says that game machines are only supposed to last a couple of years. Yay Sony!
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 10/31/2004 1:58:31 AM >
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: The Sony PSP - who' s getting one? - Oct 31, 2004 04:25
If I ever bought a handheld, it would be the PSP

But I doubt I' ll end up actually buying one
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: The Sony PSP - who' s getting one? - Oct 31, 2004 05:39
Getting both the Japanese PSP and the Nintendo DS at launch...

For 3D games that are released on both units I' ll be getting the PSP versions. I saw Ridge Racer for the DS and it looks ugly as $hitte!
There' s no doubt in my mind it' s gonna look superb on the PSP..

For 2D games released on both units I' ll be getting the DS versions, as is the case with Mr. Driller.
Vincent Cook

• Total Posts : 152
RE: The Sony PSP - who' s getting one? - Nov 08, 2004 17:51
I' m not. I considered it and the Ds but now i' ve ordered a GamePark 32 and it should be coming soon through my door. I hope it' s worth my money...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll