Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Games you never finished
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 45
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
Games you never finished - Jan 26, 2005 09:10
Reading the.ben' s last post about halflife 2 made me think back on the games I' ve had and lnever finished. funny thing is some of the games I even really liked quite a bit.

Far Cry - half way, just no time. loved the game though
Star Ocean 2: 60 hours of gameplay, didn' t save after playing for 3 hours one day, and just could never bring myslef back to replaying the boring dungeon I was in.
Simpsons Hit and Run - liked this one too, but got a little repetative.
Eternal Darkness - This one has a valid reason as I was playing it with my cousin as a team and he moved away. Goingto finish it this spring break.
Maximo - NO good reason, I really liked this game. I think I bought a new one just as I reached the last level though, and kind of forgot about it.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Games you never finished - Jan 26, 2005 10:41
Shinobi for the PS2..... because I couldn' t finish it. Too hard.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Games you never finished - Jan 26, 2005 11:18
The Onimusha Series I beat 1 but never did beat 2 and 3.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Games you never finished - Jan 26, 2005 11:42

The Onimusha Series I beat 1 but never did beat 2 and 3.

Same here. I loved the first one, and just never bothered with the other two. I think by the time 2 and 3 came out pre-rendered backgrounds just felt kinda gimmicky to me.
mxpx182

RE: Games you never finished - Jan 26, 2005 11:45
Inteligent Qube for the PS1. Man that game was fun, but damn hard.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Games you never finished - Jan 26, 2005 12:21
there' s so many, but here' s what i can think of off the top of my head...
half life 2
final fantasy 8, 9, 10, 11
chrono cross
gran turismo 2
gran turismo a spec
grand thedt auto vice city
tenchu: wrath of heaven
tony hawk pro skater 2 and 3
metal gear solid 3 (though this i plan on finishing, just no time at the moment)
final fantasy tactics
socom us navy seals
< Message edited by the.ben -- 1/26/2005 9:27:50 PM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Games you never finished - Jan 26, 2005 12:37
Onimusha 3 does not have prerndered backgrounds. It' s actually a very good game, with the exception of Jean Reno' s character who is not voiced by Jean Reno (except when he speaks French). Why Jean Reno is even in the game is beyond me. The story is retarded beyond all hell but the game is great fun.

As for games I have not finished, here are a few I can think of:

Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) - I didn' t get stuck because of the difficulty. I got to a point where I needed a key to get across, but I didn' t have the key. Too lazy to go back and find it. The game just isn' t enjoyable enough to hold my interest.

Super Mario Sunshine - Got bored very early on because the game is so bad.

Chrono Cross - Got bored at the beginning of disc 2 or somewhere thereabouts due to the ridiculous story and ho-hum gameplay (great music, though).

Metal Gear Solid 2 - After I became Raiden, I became disinterested in the game. I would rather have played Raiden the vertical shooter instead.

Out Run 2' s Mission Mode - Became too repetitive and nitpicky (re: insanely difficult) to hold my interest. But I still play the arcade modes all the time.

I' m sure there are more. Perhaps I will list them later when I think of them.
mxpx182

RE: Games you never finished - Jan 26, 2005 12:40
Love your string of Final Fantasy' s the.ben, that' s awsome!! Too bad about Chrono Cross though, I really liked everything about that game. The ending really tied in well with chron trigger. And I agree with you Joe, great music. The intro movie music is some of my favorite video game music ever.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 1/26/2005 12:41:23 PM >
the.ben

RE: Games you never finished - Jan 26, 2005 12:50
all those games except gran turismo' s, and final fantasy 10 and 11 i have played to within mere minutes of the end.....i just never finish them. i have no idea why, i just get to the end and then have no desire at all.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Games you never finished - Jan 26, 2005 14:16
Socom US Navy Seals - Reached Mr. Pickles okay, but that damn helicopter kept killing me. After about twenty tries, I gave up and haven' t touched it since! Someday I' ll finish it -- it' s a great game afterall.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Games you never finished - Jan 26, 2005 18:08
Castlevania: Lament of Innocense --- bought the limited edition import version when it first came out, which was AGES ago and believe it or not I still haven' t even played the game, lol... That' s the first and only time a game has ever gone unplayed by me. Usually when I get new games I play them immediately when I get home. All I did with Lament of Innocense was check out the music CD.

Outrun 2 --- Joe' s listed reasons mirror my own.

Sonic Adventure 2 --- I should have Adam kick Yuji Naka' s a$$ after this travesty of justice to the Awesome original Sonic Adventure. I LOVED the original Sonic Adventure, the way the game was structured was great! Pick individual characters and play through their quests, Awesome!!! Then Sonic Adventure 2 threw that out the window and required players play as all of the characters to make any kind of progress in the game, those Knuckles and Rogue levels were a huge pain in the butt!

Super Mario Sunshine --- I gave this game the good ol college try, I made some significant progress I think, but this game is nothing more than a Nintendo Public Service Announcement of some kind about pollution. I fully expect the next Mario game to involve lots of recycling.

Tales of Symphonia --- Despite being an RPG hater, I actually invested a good deal of time into this game and enjoyed it, I set it aside but never got back to it. I need to do that someday soon as I hadn' t gotten bored of it yet.

Planet Harriers --- This was the Biggest insult to the Harrier name. I' m surprised Yu Suzuki didn' t march into Amusement Vision afterwards and b*tch slap every person that worked on that game. Hell b*tch slap ALL of Amusement Vision just for the hell of it!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 1/26/2005 6:25:31 PM >
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Games you never finished - Jan 26, 2005 19:52
Final fantasy 5
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy Tactics (but i will finish it, as soon as i get the time. I have started it three times now)
Kingdom Hearts (also on the no time left to finish it list)
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Games you never finished - Jan 26, 2005 20:09
Ghost Recon 2 - got distracted by its Xbox Live play and seem to be on that all the time when I play it now

Deus Ex:Invisible War - Only one in the series I played, it was somehwat fun and all up to the near end where I probably got distracted by another game.

Ninja Gaiden - Got distracted by another game

Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomarrow - Got distracted by another game

007:Everythign or Nothing - Got distracted by another game

Rainbow 6: Black Arrow - Got distracted by another game

Mercenaries - Currently keeping me distracted from other games...
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Games you never finished - Jan 27, 2005 15:13
Full Spectrum Warior

FFX

Metal arms: Glitch in the System

Xenosaga- Really, did the creators intend on trying to make gamers; heads explode?

Sonic the Hedgehog 2- always got to the end with at least 30 lifes... then died, repetedly.

Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage- Too, f*cking hard. I think it' s harder than Ninja Gaiden.

All I can think of right now.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Games you never finished - Jan 27, 2005 15:58
GTA: Vice City - It bored me to tears long before I could finish it. I even tried it again from scratch with the intention of finishing it but it still bored me.

Ninja Gaiden - Ice Cave, big dragons of doom = no way past. I ran out of motivation after dying for the 1000th time

The Getaway - I just never got round to playing the last level as the cop for some reason.

Manhunt - I got Prince of Persia: Sands of Time as well as this on release. POP just grabbed me more and Manhunt for forgotten about half way through.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Games you never finished - Jan 28, 2005 07:02
Let' s see now...

Sonic Heroes (XBOX) - For me, this game just was so blaaahhh!!!
Halo 2 (XBOX) - Needed to eat..$$ was really tight...will re-acquire later.
Vexx (XBOX) - Seemingly endless camera issues which drove my eyes wacko.
Spyro (PS1) - Couldn' t find all of the gems and some of the flying levels were really tough - lost interest after like my millionth try.
Clockwork Knight 1 & 2 (Saturn) - Awesome games, but were lost in the shuffle due to games like Daytona USA, Panzer Dragoon I (& Zwei & Saga), Last Gladiators Pinball, etc.
Contra Hardcorps (Genesis) - I loved this game like it was family, but I just could not seem to get past that darn robot chasing me in the streets level! I gave it to my fiancees brother who promptly completed the whole game in about 2 weeks! Let' s just say that I was a little P.O.' d...and shamed at the same time.

I am sure there are others, but these are the one' s that stand out in my mind... what little is left of it, that is.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 1/28/2005 9:05:36 AM >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Games you never finished - Jan 29, 2005 01:10
doom 3, It got too scary, I don' t like being scared

Half-Life 1, got stuck on a part, came back beat it a week later, got stuck again, came back beat it then stopped playing because I got hooked on counter-strike

WC3, got hooked on mp, then got sick of its nasty multiplayer and played sc bw multiplayer

Duke Nukem 3D
Doom 1, 2
Unreal 1
shitload of other games
Games just have to be insanely good for me to play single player for long, I just get tempted too much by multiplayer games and the joy of pwning nubs

Project Gothem Racing 1, I started to hate the cone challenges and had no incentive to finish, although I beat all of PGR2 on Bronze and most of it on silver, really enjoyed it too, its just that much better, me and my roomate even have a rivalry going on a single speed test thingy, where u do like a million 360s and slides to get as many kudos as possible and still have to get up to a certain speed which is extremely hard to do in itself. We got so good at that single race that we are both ranked top 40 in the world for it, and for the others we average around 2 thousand. lol off the subject a little.
mxpx182

RE: Games you never finished - Jan 31, 2005 05:57
Battle for Middle earth could be added to the list shortly. Not because I don' t want to, only because I' ve been playing online so much, I haven' t had time for the campaigns.

Einhiender for the Playstation is another one. It' s not really that I didn' t finish it, I did, on easy and normal, but It' s that I tried for months to finish it on hard and never could. I could get to the end boss with 8 continues left, and walk away empty handed every time. Man that game was hard.
the.ben

RE: Games you never finished - Jan 31, 2005 06:13
golden sun for the gameboy advance - this game was fun, just the dungeon really i was on really was way to long and confusing that not even a walkthrough helps.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Games you never finished - Feb 03, 2005 12:56
final fantasy X2-i got bored of it
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 45

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages