Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MK: Deceptions main features list
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
MK: Deceptions main features list - Jun 07, 2004 02:53
- New, multiple fatalities and interactive backgrounds. With two fatalities per character, newly instituted death traps, stage fatalities and numerous interactive Kombat backgrounds, this game is looking to take the Mortal Kombat series to an all-new level of pain.

- Online for both Xbox and PS2. For the first time ever, Mortal Kombat will be online…and in more ways than one! Mortal Kombat: Deception will support online play for both PS2 and Xbox Live and will feature online matches and tournaments, as well as online gameplay capabilities for both the board game and puzzle modes.

- New Konquest mode. A completely redesigned single player Konquest mission will provide an entirely fresh and exciting gameplay experience by adding the likes of Direct Player Control, worlds populated by NPC (Non-Player-Controlled) characters, unique hidden features, a “real time” clock that represents the equivalent of a 24-hour day and a strong RPG gameplay element.

- New board game mode. In this all-new feature, players will be able to partake in a game of chess-like strategy, but with a fun (and, of course, bloody) Mortal Kombat twist.

- New puzzle game mode. With ties to the likes of your favorite puzzle video games of past, each character in the Mortal Kombat: Deception puzzle mode will have a super-move they can trigger against their opponent. Over 10 MK characters will be represented and there is plenty to both challenge and laugh at in this mode.

I havent liked the MK series latly, but this may revive my taste for it.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 6/7/2004 2:54:39 AM >
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: MK: Deceptions main features list - Jun 07, 2004 02:55
And much like Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance.... I' m still going to laugh at my friend when he buys it.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: MK: Deceptions main features list - Jun 07, 2004 05:42
Let' s not forget the new SUCK Mode. ;)
In this mode players get to experience a whole new level of suckiness with the series.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: MK: Deceptions main features list - Jun 07, 2004 07:01
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance is one of the best MK games i played.

But i still like Mortal Kombat Trilogy for N64 the most.

This new MK looks sweet.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: MK: Deceptions main features list - Jun 12, 2004 10:36
All the new extra crap doesn' t impress me. What is this bull shista about having 2 fatalities per character?? Anyone remember the old MK' s?? There were friendships, animalities, ect, ect

This series seems to be working backwards. I don' t want to play a mortal kombat card game, I want new ways of ripping the spine out of someone I just beat to death!!

The online aspect is what is going to get me to buy this one. I love MK, but didn' t like the last one very much. Being able to get good and play online though(hopefully with a functional ranking system) is enough to get my pennies

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll