Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony Sues Lik-Sang (another Sony story)
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
Sony Sues Lik-Sang (another Sony story) - Aug 08, 2005 23:46
hello all i have another story for you all and guess who it involves? SONY OF COURSE.

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5387

I have a question HOW, WHY, and WHEN is importing illegal? Sony is really wanting to piss people off huh? Is it wise to lose fans just before the release of the expensive PS3, especiallu seeing how it might be delayed for us and even longer for the Europeans? Importing has been around since the beggining so why now? First Sony release the European PSP almost a year late, HIKES UP THE PRICE, has no killer apps and expect them to buy one especially now that they are royally pissing them off by not allowing retailers to do what they have always done. You know the retailers can just decide not to carry Sony products. Sony is still geting the money so what' s the problem?

one word to Sony = " EBAY" .

post comments, thoughts, ideas, etc...
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Sony Sues Lik-Sang (another Sony story) - Aug 09, 2005 03:27
Next thing you know, they' ll be trying to stop global piracy....
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 9 Aug 05 11:28:09 >
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Sony Sues Lik-Sang (another Sony story) - Aug 09, 2005 18:04
I just thought of something. Why was it ok to import PSP' s to here in the US but not ok in the UK? How does that make sense? Plus people import them in pretty much every country that is connected to the web.
TXSPheonix

• Total Posts : 38
RE: Sony Sues Lik-Sang (another Sony story) - Aug 09, 2005 20:01

I just thought of something. Why was it ok to import PSP' s to here in the US but not ok in the UK? How does that make sense? Plus people import them in pretty much every country that is connected to the web.

Kutargi likes to think he is tough...

Man I hate that guy...
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Sony Sues Lik-Sang (another Sony story) - Aug 12, 2005 02:59
What a cheek! with the way they treat Europe, it' s sony' s own fault that people are importing PSP' s in the first place
< Message edited by Auron -- 12 Aug 05 11:00:09 >
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: Sony Sues Lik-Sang (another Sony story) - Aug 12, 2005 11:30
Well, Kutaragi and Hirai are evil people. I still don' t understand why they did this in the first place; they want people to have a PSP, right?
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Sony Sues Lik-Sang (another Sony story) - Aug 12, 2005 11:41
it looks more like they want to piss people off. Which one is Hirai? Plus why is it ok to import them here and to other countries like Australia, South America, etc... but UK is off limits?
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: Sony Sues Lik-Sang (another Sony story) - Aug 12, 2005 23:20
I don' t know about your second question, but Hirai is that short, thin Japanese man who speaks fluent English (unlike someone else..), and was the one who presented the PSP at E3 2004, and was with Kutaragi when he presented PS3 at E3 2005. I even heard one magazine call Hirai the president of Sony! I don' t know his exact business position though, but if he is the president of Sony, then that' s surprising.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Sony Sues Lik-Sang (another Sony story) - Aug 13, 2005 11:08
It' s highly likely that Sony' s gonna LOSE this case against Lik-Sang and they' ll deserve it. Lik-Sang isn' t exactly small fry like the last store Sony went after and won against. And I believe Lik-Sang is based somewhere in Hong Kong, where the laws are different? Yeah, I can see Sony losing this battle easily.

As for Kazuo Hirai, aka Kaz Hirai, he' s currently the President & CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 13 Aug 05 19:11:09 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message