Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Books you are eagerly anticipating
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 03, 2005 14:42
I know I know, this topic may not be as popular as the albums or games you are eagerly anticipating threads around here (what with most people only reading 1 book in their life), but there are 2 books in particular I am really anticipating

Straken by Terry Brooks (conclusion to the first druid of shanara series)
A Feast for Crows by George RR Martin(Book 4 to A song of Ice and Fire)

A feast for Crows has been in the works since 1999, so this is definetly one people have been waiting for. And here' s thew news, it' s official, it' s done. Sort of. Go to his home page at www.georgerrmartin.com to find out more, but it is indeed off to the publishers to be released this year.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 03, 2005 14:47
Any C language 2D game programming book that' s indepth and easy to read ;)
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 03, 2005 15:20
The two mxpx listed rank near the top of my list. I also can' t wait for the newest Harry Potter installment.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 03, 2005 15:29
Books?! Me no raed bouks!

The last time I actually read a novel of any kind was probably... oh snap, uh... maybe 3 years ago. I' ve read tons of comic books and tutorial books for 3d programs for school. That' s about it though.

Does R.L. Stein still make Goosebumps?
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 04, 2005 00:02
I' m looking forward to the next in the Potter series and A Feast for Crows. I' ve been waiting for both of those for what seems like the longest time. It' s good to know that Martin finally finished the damn thing, the man ain' t getting any younger. I might have to go back and re-read the other ones though...there was so much info in the original 3 that it might take a refresher course to get back into the series. I do remember one thing though...Winter is Coming, lol.

I' m coming close to running out of books to read. I' ve finished all of the Jim Butcher books (which as I' ve said before you ALL should be reading by now...wittiest writer on the block IMO) and I' m on the last David Edding' s book that I want to read (end of the Mallorean chronicles and a superb series all in all). Now I' m back to scouring the book stores for something that interests me. I' ve been meaning to read the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons but I haven' t got around to it yet. I' ve also got a nice historical piece called Spartans about, you guessed it, the Spartan warriors. If worst comes to worst I guess I' ll go old school and read some of the classics...
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 04, 2005 08:10
off the top of my head there are only 2 books i am awaiting the release of:
- a feast for crows
- the blood knight
...there was a time i would have been eagerly anticipating the new terry brooks book as well, but unfortunately he has almost fallen in to the same category as terry goodkind. though i appreciate the shanara series much more, i' m just in no rush to run out and buy the first printing of it.

i' m also waiting for the last installment of the dark tower to be released in trade paperback before i finish up that series. and once i am done the dark tower, a feast for crows, and the blood knight (assuming they all come out in due time of each other), i will the read straken followed maybe by chainfire....and after that, i think it' s back to autobiographies and documentaries for me until something else grabs my attention.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 04, 2005 16:32
I read the Tom Clancy series. Don' t know which one is my favorite. I really like Rainbow Six tho. Haven' t had time to read any of them due to projects.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 04, 2005 18:03

I' ve been meaning to read the Da Vinci Code ...

Awesome, awesome book. It certainly makes you think.

Also waiting on the next installment of Harry Potter.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 05, 2005 07:55
well i dont know of any books that are coming out apart from the new potter, but then again i hate harry potter..

I am curentinly reading ' The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' [a trilogy in 5 parts!? ] and just starting ' Life,The Universe and Everything' .

Anybody know of some good reads when i am finshed h2g2?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 06, 2005 05:20

I' m looking forward to the next in the Potter series...

Definitely awaiting the next book in the series...expected out soon, I believe.
mxpx182

RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 06, 2005 07:15
How could I forget about the blood knight the.ben. That book is going to be amazing. I' ll read the new potter when it comes out, but it' ll be my wife standing in line to get it, not me, I can wait.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 06, 2005 11:52
blood knight will be awesome. when i first started reading that series i was iffy about it, but the more i read the more awesomeness there is to be had. it won' t be as good as a feast for crows, but it' ll be up there.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 06, 2005 14:35
Nobody answered my question! Does R.L. Stein still write Goosebumps?! Greatest f*cking series ever!
mxpx182

RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 06, 2005 14:56
Sorry Rampage, no idea about the goosebumps books, those came after I went through puberty. I do know he colaborated on a more serious novel with another author though (can' t remember the name) more recently, so I don' t think he' s still penning goosebumps. You can of course use ebay to fill all of your pre teen reading needs.
yoshimitsu15

RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 06, 2005 23:39
I read a lot of the Goosebumps books when I was going through middle school. They were good back then but I have no idea how good they are now. The last few I read were the new " Choose The Path" books in his series where you could get different endings.

And his more " adult" book is called Superstitious I believe...my mom said it was good so take it for what it' s worth.

And I have to ask...has anyone taken my advice about the Jim Butcher series, The Dresden Files?
SockmoVet2005

• Total Posts : 22
RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 07, 2005 19:22
While they' ve been out for years, im still waiting for Harry Potter 2-5... Yea, i dont have much money so i could only have one. I love Harry Potter books. Its just a great story. The movies are even greater. One day when i get a job i plan to own all the books, DVDs, etc. Im even hoping that they make a harry potter tv series. Cartoon or human show would be good. TV has gotten stale these days and Harry Potter could be just what it needs to get back up and kicking again.
mxpx182

RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 08, 2005 07:11
Holy Potter socks batman!!!! I think if that ever does happen you' re going to have a heart attack from the excitement!!!!
yoshimitsu15

RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 12, 2005 01:32
I need the author for this Blood Knight series. My attempts of googling the name of the book have came up empty. I' m *this* close to finishing the last David Edding' s book that I care to read (Seeress of Kell) and I' m going to need something good to tide me over until the next Potter.
evangelion

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 12, 2005 06:19
i always look forward to the next book by Michael Connelly (crime type novels) and als Ed McBain... lol

sad eh

and i' m eagerly awaiting Mark Z.Danielewski to write a new one ' House Of Leaves' was magnificent
mxpx182

RE: Books you are eagerly anticipating - Jun 12, 2005 09:39

I need the author for this Blood Knight series

His name is Greg Keyes. The series is called " Kindom of Thron and Bone" , and book 1 is " the Briar King" , and Book 2 is " the Charnel Prince" . They are both available in paperback now I think, if not, prince will be right away. Read them yoshimitsu, you will not be dissapointed.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message