Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The 10 worst Violent Videogames
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 26, 2004 20:13
This one is funny. Protesters against violent videogames have come up with their top 10 main offenders in a hope to highlight them, stop people buying them and get them banned. From CVG…

The parties involved are Mothers Against Violence, the Center for Advancement of Public Policy, the Interfaith Centre on Corporate Responsibility, the National Council of Women' s Organizations, and New York City Council' s Oversight and Investigations Committee.

And without further a-doo here is the top 10 in no particular order.

1) Doom 3
2) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
3) Gunslinger Girls 2
4) Half Life 2
5) Halo 2
6) Hitman: Blood Money (currently scheduled for 2005 release);
7) Manhunt
8) Mortal Kombat: Deception
9) Postal 2
10) Shadow Heart

What a load of bollocks. CVG points out in their article, Hitman: Blood Money isn’t even out yet and Gunslinger Girls 2 is available on import only.

The inclusion of GTA, Manhunt, Mortal Kombat and Postal 2 is just so predictable. But Halo 2, Half Life 2 and Doom 3… I don’t know why but I forgot these games would be considered violent. I know they are but they are FPS and are by default violent. You just kind of expect a certain amount of violence from them. It’s not like they are particularly over the top with it either and are possibly some of the best games this year.

The final inclusion baffles me to no end. Shadow Hearts? Are they talking about the same Shadow Hearts I think, that RPG? What a waste of time. It saps any credibility the list may have had. Why not put more truly violent games on there. Max Payne 2 maybe.

Bloody hell.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 26, 2004 23:38
General rule:

Those that bitch, whine, moan, and complain about something they know NOTHING about have zero credibility.

Case closed. If they can' t read the " M" rating on the games, it' s their own damn fault for being illiterate.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 26, 2004 23:55

If they can' t read the " M" rating on the games, it' s their own damn fault for being illiterate.

My sentiments exactly!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 27, 2004 02:13
Where' s the list for the most violent movies? Why aren' t people bitching up a storm about them? SOMEBODY MUST SAVE US ALL FROM EVIL!

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 11/27/2004 2:13:56 AM >
refinne

• Total Posts : 40
RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 27, 2004 08:07

• Manhunt
  • Manhunt
  • Manhunt
  • Manhunt
  • Manhunt
  • Manhunt
  • Manhunt
  • Manhunt
  • Manhunt
  • Manhunt

yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 27, 2004 16:58
This is a general rule I believe when it comes to stuff like this:

If there is an excuse to be found, people will find it.

I was reading something similar to this in yesterday' s Tennessean about Halo 2. It had parents who were very distraught with the game because it was teaching their kids how to kill people. Some places aren' t even selling the game because they are afraid it' s going to be the next Columbine game...
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 27, 2004 19:30
Idiots they are.

Why dont they name Violent books.

Books make ppl go crazzy as well.
whatabout_paul

RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 27, 2004 19:53
Hahaha, ' Teaches kids how to kill somebody' . You don' t really need teaching, it' s not the hardest thing in the world to figure out. The bloody fools.

It' s all rubbish and eventually will blow over. Give it about 10 years.
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 27, 2004 20:06
How exactly does the rating system work in the US? I mean if a game is rated as Mature which if I recall correctly is suitable for persons of ages 17 and over, can it be sold to anyone or do you actually need to be 17 to buy it?
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 28, 2004 04:43
yea alot of those games are voilent but the mothers should stop trying to band them
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 28, 2004 05:34
Man that Manhunt game left such an impact on me and my friend... it was like no other game I had ever played and I thought it couldn' t get any more violent then Grand Theft Auto Vice City. The music and everything I will never forget and I got so scared when I went in the apartment and was running around in the rooms and came face to face with a hanging fat women upsidedown hanging from the ceiling naked and the sound it makes when you touch it eeewww.. Man oh man.. =^(
whatabout_paul

RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 28, 2004 15:41
Manhunt is a *very* adult game. I think it' s possibly the most adult game out there, as GTA San Andreas has a bit of a comical feeling about its violence and story. Manhunt also builds such a great feeling of suspense. And just when you think you’ve figured out how to dismantle one gang you’re pitted against another with different quirks, tactics and abilities.

It’s a good game and doesn’t deserve banning by a bunch of people who probably haven’t even played it, really know much about it and who aren’t fans of games in general.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 30, 2004 04:33
Bloodrayne 2 displays very graphic violence...I was horrified to see body parts being sliced off right in front of the 10 year old game player.

I said something to the parents, but got the " so?" look.

Another game with tons of violence is Nightmare Creatures.
whatabout_paul

RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 30, 2004 22:10
It' s not videogame violence I' d shield my kinds from (if I had any) it' s overly adult tones in a game. I may allow my kid to play GTA: San Andreas because it' s a bit light-hearted with the story and cartoon violence even if the swearing might be an issue. I wouldn' t however let my kid play Manhunt because it' s a much more ' adult' game.

Then again that’s me guessing because I don' t have any kids.
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 30, 2004 22:17
I think it would be Grand theft auto San Andreas hands down.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Dec 01, 2004 00:50
Videogames make lotusson mad! LOTUSSON KILL! ROOAAAARRRR!!!!
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Dec 01, 2004 01:16
-
<message edited by vanswa garbutt on May 30, 2012 06:32>
whatabout_paul

RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Dec 01, 2004 18:47
Yeah... It' s got blood but it' s all like ' cartoon over the top gallons of blood' . Anyway, nobody really dies. Kill a character in the game and you can still pick them the next fight. That’s how I' ve always thought of the Mortal Kombat games since the first one which I played when I was *cough* 8
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Dec 02, 2004 14:56
I figured the new Def Jam would be in there.
That game is punishing and very violent haha

I do hate this scapegoating of video games.
The " M" rating is there for a reason.

I guess in some places up here in Canada it is now illegal to sell mature games to anyone without picture ID. So now the parents have to go in and buy them for their younger kids. The stores can get in a lot of legal trouble in they sell to minors. Only thing is most parents don' t know ANYthing about video games and won' t even look for the rating. Their kid says I want this game, it' s the best and they go umm ok sure if that' s the one you want.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll