Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then the ps1
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 68
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 29, 2006 03:41
I agree. But then again I loved the gamecube more than the other consoles and seeing how the Gamecube lacked RPG' s it' s kind of hard not to like it.
But since you, the great Final Fantasy Lover, seem to like it then it must' ve been really good.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 29, 2006 03:45
Yes,i consider it one of the best rpg' s ever made :)

And YES PEOPLE I DID PLAY TALES OF DESTINY 2 for Ps1 :P
And Tales of phantasia for NES,so no more,oh he was new to Tales of serie,i also seen the anime serie.

What i like about ToS,is that under that kiddy surface,its the history of ww2 basically.
And the plots and diffrent endings,make its a very good replaying game.
In fact one of the main character died at the first time i played the game,while on my 2nd survived :)
ANd so i could do the sidequest for that person.

The fighting system in tales of kikc ass.
And espeically at the GC version.
Cetra

• Total Posts : 153
RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 29, 2006 03:52
Actually me and my mates always argue between xbox and ps2 graphics heh. They who are xbox fans got kinda surprised when they saw FF12 ingame graphics, and the pirates in KH2.
QuezcatoL

RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 29, 2006 03:58
Actually my brother came over today,he thoughted that halo3 looked fine,gears of war looked fine,but he couldnt belive his eyes when he saw Halo2,he was like,wtf that graphic is awesome,i cant remember graphic like that!!
Was the level with the arbiter when flood is taking over,and you gonna assassin some guy who tells the truth about what the Halo' s are for.

Btw i also showed Mass effect,which he indeed though twas amazing,but that sony fanboy,thought mass effect,crysis,assassins creed,rouge galaxy,FF13 and Rainbowisx was the coolest games of e3,i showed him today.

He also said lost planet demo was just crazy >_<

But good to hear from a sonyfanboy.

He also said that ps3 gonna cost 6000 kronor atleast some guy at a store told him that,the store keeper also said ps3 is much more powerful then xbox360,this some storekeeper said in stockholm,wtf?!

I ofc debated him for 30 min,while we watched some e3 trailers.

Sucks to be a brother with a sony fanboy :P
ginjirou

RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 29, 2006 03:58
Well FF12 admittedly looks awesome but that' s just one game. Sure, the PS2 has got a bunch of games that looks really awesome but in the end the Xbox has much better graphics in general. That¨' s what yuo said we should do with the PS2/DC so that' s also what we should do with the PS2/Xbox. The DC had some titles that was comparable or even better than some of the PS2 titles and the PS2 has got a couple of titles that can stand against the Xbox. But in general the Xbox has superior graphics. But that' s not strange since it was released long after. Just as the PS2 was released after the DC.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 28 May 06 20:00:10 >
Cetra

• Total Posts : 153
RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 29, 2006 05:06
i know, i admit xbox has superior graphics, but not by far, that i wont say. But was it kikizo that said ff12 is the prettiest game ever, even compared to what we have seen on nextgen ?
QuezcatoL

RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 29, 2006 05:10
If so they are extremley wrong.

What i seen from FF12 is nowhere near,OB,PDZ,GRAW,FN3, or lost planet,may be better looking in a view of design.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 29, 2006 06:50
It' s funny how some pointless arguments like " ps2 controller vs DC controller 1:0" can start a huge debate :)

Abasoufiane your comparison is ,to be honest... just silly or maybe even retarded.

We have compared PS2 at the time when DC was still doing well - not 3 years after they stopped producing it.The point was : Sony' s hype made up for lack of games and disappointing graphics.

And please don' t mention Shadow of the Colossus as a good looking game - it' s shimmering and it' s incredibly jaggy all over the place and the ART direction , while nice , can' t make up for most visual flaws.I think Ico looked better.The only thing nice about visuals in SotC is animation.

I also expect FFXII to be better than Oblivion - I hope that won' t be just my wishful thinking though...

If it looks great - I don' t need more.The fun is not about the looks.Judging what system or game is better by graphics alone is what noobs do.

Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 29, 2006 07:35
Gangsta you are a disapointing kid, if the argument started it' s because i thought that ginjirou said, dreamcast is the best console ever, and i still don' t know what he exactly meant by that...

now comparing both controlers is not silly, the silly part is that a sega fanboy come and say that DC controler is better and that PS2 is crap.

hadow of the Colossus as a good looking game - it' s shimmering and it' s incredibly jaggy all over the place and the ART direction , while nice , can' t make up for most visual flaws.I think Ico looked better.

shadow of the colossus is one of the best looking game i ever seen, even if the framerate drops soemtimes, even if there are jaggies, it' s still look " incredible" , not technicaly since there is no shader 3.0 or whatever screw that , i learned that the art direction is what can make a game look good or bad.

take for exemple FEAR, at its time of release boy that game was the shit, technicaly it was awesome, however it didn' t look good to me in general, most places look the same, very dark, repetitive textures ... it' s mostly the art direction hat can make a game look awesome or freaking bad...
shadow of the colossus is my reference, god of war as well, Dreamfall: the latest journey lately, half life 2, zelda: the wind waker or ocarina of time, riddick, prince of persia 1&3 , devil may cry, resident evil 4

its the noobs that judge the game " bad looking" because it has jaggies...
and nobody here judged any game based on its graphics...
QuezcatoL

RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 29, 2006 07:45
I agree with FEAR,technially and the enemies was just amazing and probably best to date,but the design and direction of artstisc design lacked quite much.

Basically they had talented graphic programmers,but lacked any taste in terms of design,or they wasn' t lead in right way.
Its dark,and you see grey walls or grey floors everywhere,now SURE,that can be okay if the enviorment it supposed to be that way but... everything feelt the same,the lab downstairs feelt the same as the dock,or as the offices,i completly agree with ABO.

ginjirou

RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 30, 2006 02:10
I don' t think the DC is the best console ever. It defenately has its place in my top5 list but I don' t know where to place it. But I do understand the people who are putting it as No.1. That was my problem with you. The PS2 is good and had lots of great hardware but the fact that you laughs at people with a different opinion makes me somewhat angry. Some people liked the DC and they put it as No.1. Calling them stupid for that is very immature.
Not that I' m mature myself but... you know...

What made Shadow of the Colossus so great visually was the Art direction. End of story. It is good from a technical point of view but not good enough to affect the overall appeal. So having Shadow of the colossus as an example when comparing graphics between consoles is inappropriate. I mean, if we would count art direction then FFVII for the PS1 would easily compete with the best 360 games.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 30, 2006 02:57

I don' t think the DC is the best console ever. It defenately has its place in my top5 list but I don' t know where to place it. But I do understand the people who are putting it as No.1.

I agree, I don' t think the Dreamcast was anywhere near being the best console ever and I happen to be one of the most blatant Sega whores here.. The Dreamcast' s biggest selling point was it' s Arcade ports, and what did I say in that arcade thread? Regardless of how perfect an arcade port is on a console, it' s just not the same, not as special as playing the actual arcade machine. So with its biggest selling point neutralized you' re left with a handful of truly memorable console-exclusive experiences.. I said long ago that the balance of great arcade games and great console experiences was way too lopsided on the Dreamcast. For me, the Saturn ranked higher because it was better balanced in that regard.

What made Shadow of the Colossus so great visually was the Art direction. End of story. It is good from a technical point of view but not good enough to affect the overall appeal. So having Shadow of the colossus as an example when comparing graphics between consoles is inappropriate. I mean, if we would count art direction then FFVII for the PS1 would easily compete with the best 360 games.

Agreeing with ya again dammit!
Shadow of the Colossus had the great art direction going for it. But like Ico, the visual impact wasn' t there.

It' s the type of game where you sat back and watched the sweeping camera angles pan over the huge expansive environments and went, " cool" , " nice" !.

It wasn' t the type of game where you looked at it and said, " Look at those f****** TEXTURES???? Holy crap, the main protagonist must be made of 10,000 polygons!!"

But regardless of that, the most impressive aspect of the game and something that set it apart from other games in my mind was its focus on battling GARGANTUAN bosses. One of my most favorites parts of gaming has always been battling enormous bosses, I LOVE them big and Shadow provided them in spades!
Abasoufiane

RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 30, 2006 04:17
Ginjirou you' re trying to be doplimatic , i don' t and i don' t have to in taht forum , the point here is to discuss not to say what other people want to hear or avoid to say what people don' t like to hear, when i said DC is not the best console ever , then it is and i provided argument... because some said it was which really piss me off, and as i told you in the other post, what pisses you off is that i call people who said that stupid (although i don' t remember saying that but damn i might [:' (] ), so it' s not immature, i just call a cat a cat.

about Shadow colossus, i agree with you there is no technical wonder, except for the huge bosses, but you guys aree talking about saying wow at textures and stuff, i don' t think we would say that anymore even for xbox, this is the old gen, shadow of the colossus was released in late 2005, at that time xbox360 and pc took graphics quality far...

still i really doubt hat shadow of colossus would run on DC and that was my point.
ginjirou

RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 30, 2006 04:40

Ginjirou you' re trying to be doplimatic

No I' m not trying to be diplomatic, I' m trying to be calm and open minded so that the discussion actually gets somewhere. I' m trying to listen to what you say even though it may not appear so.

when i said DC is not the best console ever , then it is and i provided argument... because some said it was which really piss me off

So you get pissed of when people disagree with you? That doesn' t sound very good.

still i really doubt hat shadow of colossus would run on DC and that was my point.

No it wouldn' t as it is but it would as a downscaled version. Gameplay matters the most. The DC came out long before the PS2 so you can' t expect it to have the same power as the PS2.

what pisses you off is that i call people who said that stupid (although i don' t remember saying that but damn i might ), so it' s not immature, i just call a cat a cat.

You' re right you never used the word stupid but these kind of comments says the same thing that shows how narrowminded you are:

if you still think that dreamcast is the best console ever, congratulation you are the new generation sega fanboy, pass the torch !!

i' m sure that either me or you are total lunatic...

i swear i wonder sometimes if soem people are on crack here when they write stuff on this forum.

i onwed a dreamcast and i played all AA and AAA tiles and soem crap games (like spawn or blue stinger) so please that console i knew it by heart and i had access to every single game, and see man that' s what might make the difference between us , dc library was poor.

What we didn' t know the DC by heart?

by people i mean , not the stupid ***s, i mean hardcore gamers

Thanks for calling all critics of those games " stupid ***s" . Really hurt my feelings.

now comparing both controlers is not silly, the silly part is that a sega fanboy come and say that DC controler is better and that PS2 is crap.

That' s not fanboyism, that' s opinion. But oh, you get upset when people disagree, i forgot about that.

Even though you never use the word stupid you really feel that' s what you' re saying. And it is immature to call people you disagree with stupid.

Your attitude made me upset and I had a hard time being clear minded when I wrote my posts. But now when I try to be calm you' re calling me diplomatic, like I was sucking up to people. Nice, why the hell do I even bother listening to people.

< Message edited by ginjirou -- 29 May 06 20:43:01 >
Abasoufiane

RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 30, 2006 04:53

o it wouldn' t as it is but it would as a downscaled version. Gameplay matters the most. The DC came out long before the PS2 so you can' t expect it to have the same power as the PS2.

now you' re talking about downscaled version ?? what was the start of this discution anyway ?, some people here said that DC is a better piece of hardware, that' s in one of those pages and i don' t have time to look for it, and that' s again pisses me off, so if i have to neglect anyone who disagree with me, then there will never be a debat , life will be boring ...

let everyone claiming something provide along with it his arguement, i hate when they say yeah X is better than Y , without any reason or giving a " stupid" arguement, and yes those arguements exist , that are just stupid, thats why mankind created teh word stupid , to call things stupid when they THINK they are stupid...
QuezcatoL

RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 30, 2006 04:55
Dreamcast never used DVD' s...!!!!

WTF?!
eazy_boi

• Total Posts : 42
RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 30, 2006 11:21
thats why they should come out with a new dreamcast or a new sega console so it can have everything that the other consoles go
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 30, 2006 11:46
I see stupidity

People arguing some else' s opinion is stupid. You should argue your own opinion against their' s if you must.
Red Or Blue?

I get both sides of the arguement

for it' s time the DC was a marvel and when the PS2 came out it was just more capable than the DC. If things had of went differently.. If the DC had the Same Spec (Dvd Ram Processor) It maight have been more capable than the PS2.

If the Saturn Had the DC' s Spec then all of entertainment(visual and musical some what) would have been different and that would Have been the Greatest system of all Time. In my opinion

Imagine what the DC whould have been comparable to the Leap from before DC.

The DC was very efficient in what it did.

If the DC had the same games as the PS2 (non Sony owned) and it' s
own then their would have not been any reason to say it was not a better system.
Though not AS Technically advanced. but oh well
Abasoufiane

RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 30, 2006 17:18
oh dear god
eazy_boi

• Total Posts : 42
RE: do u think the dreamcast would have a had a chance if it would of came out later then - May 31, 2006 03:19
o and who is this guy u get both sides of the arguement its my thread as yall call it i started it up and yea i can stop by and say anything any time

so what about that new smash bros for the wii
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 68

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread