Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Hero - Jet Li movie
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
Hero - Jet Li movie - Aug 10, 2004 23:20
Saw the trailer for this movie last night. It looks great!

Hero

Release Date: August 27, 2004
Studio: Miramax Films
Director: Zhang Yimou
Screenwriter: Zhang Yimou
Starring: Jet Li, Tong Leung Chiu-Wai, Maggie Cheung Man-Yuk, Zhang Ziyi, Chen Dao Ming, Donnie Yen, Liu Zhong Yuan, Zheng Tia Yong, Qin Yan, Chang Xiao Yang, Zhang Ya Kun, Ma Wen Hua, Jin Ming, Xu Kuang Hua, Wang Shou Xin, Hei Zi, Cao Hua, Li Lei, Xia Bin, Peng Qiang, Liu Jie, Zhang Yi
Genre: Action, Drama
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for stylized martial arts violence and a scene of sensuality)
Official Website: Herothemovie.com
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD/VHS: Not Available
Movie Poster: Not Available
Production Stills: View here
Plot Summary: At the end of China' s Warring States, the Kingdom of Qin is the most ruthless and ambitious of the seven states. It' s King is the target of assassins from all over China. Of all the would-be assassins, Broken Sword, Flying Snow and Sky are the most dangerous. When Nameless kills all three, he is offered a chance to meet the King. Namesless explains to the King that how he used their personal relationships to expose and attack their weaknesses, but the King tells a different version of the same story.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Hero - Jet Li movie - Aug 11, 2004 00:04
I got the DVD awhile back. Its a pretty cool movie. Funny thing is the theatrical trailer out for it is completly wrong with the story. If you seen the movie youd know.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Hero - Jet Li movie - Aug 11, 2004 02:46
It' s from the same guy who did Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (believe he also did the Hulk as well).

Either way I' m staying FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

away from Hero.

Besides, I' m quite over the ancient chinese super warrior genre. Got tired of watching those films eons ago.
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: Hero - Jet Li movie - Aug 11, 2004 09:01

It' s from the same guy who did Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Lets just say i was crouched and hidden during most of the film. o_o

When i watch kung fu movies, i expect lots of anonymous henchmen duking it out non stop. My current fave is Iron Monkey. That film was awesome. But i' ll check it out anyway. thnks for the info
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Hero - Jet Li movie - Aug 11, 2004 17:12
I liked both movies, although Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was definately the better of the two. I' ve been waiting for this movie to be released for awhile since I heard it won some awards at a film festival a few months back. Plus Quentin Tarentino has attached his name to it and the last time he did that for a similar movie was for the great Iron Monkey.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Hero - Jet Li movie - Aug 16, 2004 14:52
Mass X you picked up the DVD already?
I didn' t think it was out in theatres yet. Looks alright but I have been dissappointed by such movies in the past but not enough to stay away from them.
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: Hero - Jet Li movie - Aug 24, 2004 16:45
this movie is old. about two years old if i am not mistaken. i have seen the poster in Chinatown (in New York) a long time ago with Sholin Soccer. i did not see it brcause i knew it was coming out over here. so i hope it is worth the wait.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Hero - Jet Li movie - Aug 25, 2004 18:24

It' s from the same guy who did Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (believe he also did the Hulk as well).

Either way I' m staying FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

away from Hero.

What was wrong with crouching tiger????

+Almost all of Jet Li' s movies are really good,Fist of Legent-his best movie.The One-best american movie.

The problem with some of his american movies is that the writing is bad and acting is really bad.
But Jet Li is good in all his movies.
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: Hero - Jet Li movie - Aug 27, 2004 22:39
i don' t really care for jet li, though this does look good. and i' m guessing tarantino just produced it. ( i thought ang lee directed it[?])
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Hero - Jet Li movie - Aug 28, 2004 00:48
They are only announcing the movie to be released in the theatres -- how is it that people have seen it on DVD?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Hero - Jet Li movie - Aug 28, 2004 01:00
Some movies were available on DVD/VHS before being released into theatres.. Stuff like the PokeMon movies, and other anime flicks that finally got the theatre treatment already had the DVD/VHS treatment long before..

I' m not sure if Hero falls under that same classification but certain parts about the movie sound suspiciously similar to one of the Jet Li videos I saw at Blockbuster Video a year and a half ago. Just don' t remember the name of it...
OBXOR

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Hero - Jet Li movie - Aug 29, 2004 21:31
it' s an awesome movie, but just know that it' s nothing like what the trailer portrays-it' s more of an artsy romance than anything else.
OBXOR

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Hero - Jet Li movie - Aug 29, 2004 21:33
by the way you may have seen it because it' s been out in China for 3 years.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll