Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Settlers
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
Settlers - Dec 14, 2004 20:00
Anyboyd here play the Settlers series of games? I' ve played serf city, and Settlers 3 and 4, and loved them all. I' ve been waiting forever for the new setterls game ubisoft is making, but from what I can tell they' ve pretty much destroyed anything to do with Settlers, and made it a revamped Age of Empires. Much dissapointment if that' s the case.

Here' s a link to the website if anybody is interested, and since the German version is already out, if anybody has played it, would you mind giving me your opinion

www.thesettlers.com
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Settlers - Dec 19, 2004 01:35
I loved Serf City (back when it was the only game that would run on my computer), I played it for hours. I never really got into Settlers though. I prefered the Empire Earth/Age of Empires type of game.
mxpx182

RE: Settlers - Dec 19, 2004 17:34
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
captain Qball

• Total Posts : 30
RE: Settlers - Jan 10, 2005 14:24
I am a big fan of this series as well. I was amazed with settlers 4, and might just have to dig it out again to play. Of course, Serf city had the split screen 2 player mode, which is essentially dead in this day and age.
Star Tekkie

• Total Posts : 97
RE: Settlers - Jan 10, 2005 17:18
AGe of Empires is awesome!!! I did try SEttlers once, but couldn' t really get into it as much. I' d nearly forgotten about Serfs, that was a fun game. I like the little fishermen.
mxpx182

RE: Settlers - Jan 12, 2005 06:25
Age of Empires is mediocore at best. Settlers beats it by a mile. Although right now I' m so addicted to BFME that I don' t have time for either.
mxpx182

RE: Settlers - Jan 17, 2005 14:14
Downloaded the english demo for this game from gamershell.com (450mb). After playing through it, I wouldnt' say it was an age of empires ripoff. There' s still way more micro manegment of the economy, however It' s been much simplified from the old settlers games. If I was to pick it up not knowing the name, I would never guess it was a settlers game. It seems like an ok game, just not settlers.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll