Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 360 Bashing
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 01:16
Now I have started to notice this on this forum just a little bit, but if you go to other forums, the 360 bashing is strong, and I have only noticed a lot of this happening since E3 ended.

Now, I am fairly sure that the bashing has a lot to do with how horrible the 360 was put together, red rings of death, but I think it also has to do with MS not showing anything new at E3. People are in a panic all of a sudden thinking that the 360 is done by the end of 2008, since no new games were shown at E3. Now this is absurd since all you have to do is look online to see the lineup MS has for 2008.

Another factor for this I believe is the strong showing Sony had at E3. A lot of these people who are bashing the 360, now believe that they are starting to see this so called huge gap in graphical capability the PS3 has over the 360 after seeing trailers for MGS4, Killzone 2, Ratchet and Clank, and Drakes Fortune. I also think that the dev of these games had a lot to with this as well, as all of the devs for these games kept saying in their conferences, " This could only be done with the power of the PS3 and blu-ray" .

Now I know that a lot of this is just PR Bullshit, but on the other hand I am thinking about it even more, and I am starting to wonder if all of this is true. Is it really true that games like MGS4 can only be done on the PS3 because the 360 is not nearly powerful enough, I won' t get into the size of that game because 3 quarters of the game is cutscenes.

I am not the most tech savvy person here, so I open this up to those who are and who truly understand both consoles. I also do not have the intention of turning this into a flame war, I just want to know if all of this 360 bashing I am seeing is warranted or not.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 01:24
Drop dead.
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 01:26

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Drop dead.

FEAR again
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 01:37
Well, you' ve come to the right place. There' s nothing but reasonable people here -- people who never let their passionate brand loyalty cloud their judgment. Not only that, but everyone here has the technical expertise that only being a fanatical consumer can provide. So sit back and enjoy the civil discussion that' s about to ensue.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 01:39
There' s always console bashing. It' s just that when MS shows nothing for 2008 and Sony shows tons of new stuff " the fire gets more wood" .
QuezcatoL

RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 01:42
Please tell me what all these tons of stuff are.
ginjirou

RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 01:43
The news stuff was crap but let me put it this way
Sony showed gameplay and not prerendered which was a big surprise. They were also much more modest and didn' t have illusions of grandeur.
Killzone and stuff ya know.
QuezcatoL

RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 01:51
Drop dead.
ginjirou

RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 01:54
Go die!!!
QuezcatoL

RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 01:54
I own a sword irl inherited from my grandpas grandpa in the swedish cavalry.

Come on then biatch,I' m gonna spear you.
ginjirou

RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 01:56
Pfff, loser! Too weak to fight with your bare hands, eh? Well, I' ll take you on anyway. It' s not like you' ll ever beat me, regardless of what weapon you pick up.
But you' ll die before you ever meet me because your 360 will most likely blow up before that happens LOL OWNED!!!!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 02:03
i' m not going too far to call it bashing bar the 360 red thing, i myself was one of those that panicked when MS didn' t show anything new at E3 , we expected surprises and we were left with nothing, so at FIRST thought it gave the impression that the 360 is dying, but then you go to see the release dates for 2008 and there are so many good games. check out my thread about 2007 VS 2008, we are in the 1st of august 2007, yet the number of potential games in 2008 is very close to the one in 2007, that' s really impressive... Still it' s not enough for MS, because what i just said concern PS3 and 360, and the exclusives for ps3 in 2008 are much more interesting and appealing to the hardcore gamer... MS neeed to show new games, make big announcements in order to calm down people.

It' s more disturbing when a representative of MS has said there is no Announcement in TGS from first party, i repeat first party... so we' ll see what 3rd parties have in their stores for us.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 02:51
I am not panicking yet, because I did look at what 360 has to offer next year. But I do agree with Aba, that MS needs to show is something new and exciting real soon. This year is a given that 360 software sales will own, but we do need something new and exciting shown to us for 2008 like a Mass Effect or Bioshock that will get us all anxious for the games release.

Where is the new news on Alan Wake? This is one of the games for 08 that I am looking forward to, but it seems as though this game has vanished. What about new news on Huxley? These are the types of games we need to hear more about at TGS and other conferences from MS.

They' ve supposedly taken care of the red ring of death problem this fall with the release of the new 65nm, but now we need to hear more about the upcoming games we can now play on a console that hopefully won' t friggin blow up every 3-4 months.

I know there is going to be console bashing that is a given, but I was just really wanting to know if hardware wise, is the PS3 with what they have coming out next year, are they showing this supposed big advantage they have. Damit, no matter which way I put this, it' s going to come off the wrong way!!!!!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 03:17
360 > PS3 > Wii
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 03:27
Well this is totally norma. Remember ER 2006 and the amoun of Sony bashing afterwards? This is just how we immature console people behave. We love to hate.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 03:57
about time 360 got some dirt, its getting nothing but praze on these boards for too long.
ginjirou

RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 03:58
Lol, Silent finally comes out clean with what he really feels.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 06:16
I have nothing to say about 360 today. I have nothing good and nothing bad to say. It seems like it' s been forever since we' ve heard any interesting news about the thing.

My 360 is just sitting there collecting dust. I don' t even think I played a 360 game in the entire month of July. I only turned it on to watch movies with it. I want it to die so I can exchange it for a non defective one, but I can' t even do that because I have no reason to use it.

If I expected the 360 to suck ass as much as it is now for the rest of it' s life I would throw it off a bridge. Fortunately this won' t be the case. PGR4, Halo 3 and GTA4 along with a few others are enough reason to keep the ugly white box around for a while longer.

My PC is keeping me entertained enough in the meantime. I' ve been playing Gothic 3 and UT 2004 (I need practise before the second coming of chirst is released).
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: 360 Bashing - Aug 01, 2007 06:35
Personally, the E3 conferences were kind of lame. Nothing really shocked or amazed me from anyone. So... no one really won imo.

Its the 360s turn to get under the hot seat, but it surprised people that MS would only talk about all the games comming out this fall. In truth, with how many AA and AAA games comming pretty much every week, they need to get the word out about all those amazing games comming out.

If there is one thing that I would bash about my 360 is the online service. IF PS Home is free and at the way things are looking... the PS is starting to catch up to MS' s online service. Next year I' m going to be a poor college kid and if I' m going to spend $50 then it better be for a good reason.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll