Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Favourite game cutscene.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 49
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 01:39
There I was, sat in my bedroom, playing Final Fantasy VII when I watched the summoning of Weapon and thought to myself, " Man I love cutscenes!" So it got me wondering " what are other people' s favourite(pardon my british spelling) cutscenes?"

The ones that stand out for me are Shinra' s fight against Weapon in FFVII and the scene with the small house being surrounded Ganados(I think they were called) in Resi 4.

So what are some of your personal faves?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 01:55
Arthas Betrayal in Warcraft 3, is one of the most dramatic cut scenes i have ever seen. But in general all the cutscenes for Warcraft 3 are great. I remember the first time i saw the one with the Orc and the Guard figthing, and the fireballs began falling from the sky, Goosebumps i tell you, GOOSEBUMPS

Now i want to play the game again, damn it!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 02:12
Does an ending count as a cutscene? If so it would have to be the end to FFVIII for me. It was just so long, and beautifully done. And that little handicam vid at the end was quality.

Some of the anime cutscences in Zone of the Enders 2 as well as Gungrave were quite cool.

Also Tenchu: Stealth Assassins had some hilariously cool cutscenes, which have had me and my friend quoting lines from ever since! Onikage was the coolest, hehe.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 02:40
All of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty!!!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 03:11
shooting off on a completely different tangent... the into / level intro' s to saturn bomberman.. animated so well, hudson soft - I bow before your genius.

Shame no bomberman title has lived up to it since then.. I still play ten player widescreen from time to time now.. aaah 32bit bliss... I' ll have a rake around... I remember when you KNEW cutscenes were gonna be fab and they rocked!

I remember Tenchu, that game rocked!
< Message edited by jtypecav -- 10 Feb 06 19:13:32 >
Nitro

RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 04:18
All of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater!!!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 04:25
Diablo II and the Lord of Destruction Expansion
Nitro

RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 06:54
All of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots!!!

Oh, no..wait...
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 07:04
Hehehe, what about number 1?? I loved that line from Liquid Snake near the end, " Did you like my sunglaases....deear brathaar!?"
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 07:08

Arthas Betrayal in Warcraft 3, is one of the most dramatic cut scenes i have ever seen. But in general all the cutscenes for Warcraft 3 are great. I remember the first time i saw the one with the Orc and the Guard figthing, and the fireballs began falling from the sky, Goosebumps i tell you, GOOSEBUMPS

Now i want to play the game again, damn it!

I dont agree at all,but nvm ever heard of festis or me quezcatol in wc3?
festis was ranked nr 1-2 in europe in 2vs2 and with me 56,i also beated some of europes best and had top replays at replayers.com
And i also played with madfrog world best wc3 gamer.

Yes i like to brag,but i was so outstanding in wc3 i have the right to do so.

And i think the cut scene when aeris dies is the best one ever,cause non expect what was happening,nor that a characteer in a rpg this strong would actually die this horrible right before the main charcters eyes.
Nitro

RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 07:10
I loved that game!

In fact, MGS and RE are my 2 favourite games, ...i like a good story!

I didn' t mention MGS though because although there are some lengthy cutscenes in it, they' re dwarfed by those in 2 and 3!

4 will have even longer cutscenes that look nicer than ever so i' m especially looking forward to that, but they need to be completely skipable with 1 push of a button (for replayng the game or level).
Ikashiru

RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 07:50
hey we are moving on to narrative here rather than cutscene! thats not fair! A cut scene can be good for whatever reason, perhaps a best storyline thread should accompany this one, so we dont all get distracted! But I guess they are both interlinked!
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 08:21
The Cutscenes in NG:BLACK, any Splinter Cell, and Halo 1 or 2 are my favorite.
Nitro

RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 08:22

ORIGINAL: jtypecav

hey we are moving on to narrative here rather than cutscene! thats not fair! A cut scene can be good for whatever reason, perhaps a best storyline thread should accompany this one, so we dont all get distracted! But I guess they are both interlinked!

Threads evolve.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 08:37
splinter cell?? really??

ok there are MGS series, RE series, Final Fantasy (7 8 9 10) and ZOE 2 there are so much more but i guess those are the most special... if i have to add more games then i would add a ton
Nitro

RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 08:43
The 2nd Runner was great!

God of Wars cutscenes are cool!

..oh, and the cutscenes in NFS: MW are amazing!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 08:48
yeah we could go on and on , god of wars are excellent , most wanted as well , it had the same technique as sin city ...

i think changing this thread to a narrower topic will be better , for exemple the best endings ...

i' ll pick this one among other excellent ending , the one that striked me recently Shadow of the Colossus, weird i don' t hear a lot about this game in that forum...
Ikashiru

RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 09:02

threads evolve..

well yeah obviously, but If we were talking narrative rather than enjoyment of a cutscene I' m hardly gonna vote bomberman to be my fave lol

I agree Abasoufiane we could easily list 5 or ten memorable bits of cg currently!

It' s exciting to see there is a place for cut scenes still too, theres always a vocal number of people frustrated at the interuption in gameplay, but if it adds to it all the better.
< Message edited by jtypecav -- 11 Feb 06 1:16:26 >
Nitro

RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 09:20
CGI has become lame though. With games like Gears of War and MGS4 on the horizon, CGI is losing its impact!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 09:49

CGI has become lame though. With games like Gears of War and MGS4 on the horizon, CGI is losing its impact!

It sure does fuck face.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread