Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Favourite game cutscene.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 49
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 11, 2006 10:33
Dudeness!!

I love just about every cutscene in Ys Book 1 and 2 for the TurboGrafx-16. It is one of the few games where they actually got professionals to do the voiceovers instead of the janitors. I love the cutscene just before you fight the last boss: " I am the epitome of terror and destruction. I shall crush... and consume you." Voiced by Alan Oppenheimer (who also did the narration). Even Bumblebee was in the game. The cutscenes in Ys III were pretty good and the ones in Ys IV (PC Engine version, NOT SNES) were awesome as well. Snatcher on the Sega CD definitely had its moments, though the game was basically one giant, playable cut scene.

For intros I really like Soul Blade/Edge on the Playstation. I can still watch that over and over again to this day. And because of that cut scene I am still wondering when I am going to get to play as Cervantes with the skull-face. That would rock. The system-rendered intro to Soul Calibur was really good as well. Namco does some really good CG.
Blackwater

• Total Posts : 1
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 13, 2006 01:08
Final Fantasy cutscenes are very nice indeed but not my favourite.I loved Onimusha 3 game intro,its my favourite.Robot makes some very good animations.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 13, 2006 07:26
Well for intro' s I gotta go for Soul blade/soul edge, and Onimusha 3

and right now my mind is blocked as for games with very good cuts scenes...
< Message edited by uumai -- 12 Feb 06 23:26:52 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 13, 2006 08:17
While maybe not considered to be a cutscene and is more of a cinematic intro, my favorite still remains the intro of the original Panzer Dragoon for the Saturn..

Other cool CG stuff was the opening movie sequence in Onimusha 3 where you' re shown people in Paris, France getting slaughtered by the invading demons.
Joe Redifer

RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 13, 2006 08:46
Ah yes, the opening for Panzer Dragoon. The music made that cut scene, especially where he' s flying off on his new Disneyland adventure and he looks below and sees his loser friends, deciding that they are not worth his time any more. They should re-render that opening in HDTV quality with much better graphics but use the same scenes with the same angles and the same direction and of course, the same music, only without the fuzz. It would make a great trailer for a Panzer Dragoon movie directed by Uwe Boll.

Another great intro: Space Harrier II! That part where he' s standing there and it says Fantasy Zone is under attack again!!! OMG! Oh wait. That' s the entire thing.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 13, 2006 18:11
I forgot about Panzer - oh that was lush. Happy days.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 13, 2006 18:37
The intro sequence to the game I-war. that was a really great one at the time, it was about 20 minutes long
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 13, 2006 19:43
FF8 intro
MGS NINJA (grey fox) killing soldiers in the corridor , Meryl and Sniper Wolf.
RE2 intro
Soul Blade/Edge intro
Soul Calibur 3 intro (WOW)
Ninja Gaiden (every movie in it)
Shenmue - realtime intro
Full Throttle (any)
Halo 2 (talking to the PARASITE)
Parasite EVE
Tekken 3 intro

Sonic Adventures DC intro

Shit so many great movies in games :)
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 13, 2006 22:09
Has anyone on here ever played Liberation for the Amiga? I loved the cutscene that showed after you died. It proves that the hero doesn' t always HAVE to win!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 14, 2006 05:45
good old Amiga ...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 14, 2006 08:41

Ah yes, the opening for Panzer Dragoon. The music made that cut scene, especially where he' s flying off on his new Disneyland adventure and he looks below and sees his loser friends, deciding that they are not worth his time any more. They should re-render that opening in HDTV quality with much better graphics but use the same scenes with the same angles and the same direction and of course, the same music, only without the fuzz. It would make a great trailer for a Panzer Dragoon movie directed by Uwe Boll.

Another great intro: Space Harrier II! That part where he' s standing there and it says Fantasy Zone is under attack again!!! OMG! Oh wait. That' s the entire thing.

Joe, your a pure retro head arent you?
Joe Redifer

RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 14, 2006 14:19
With games like the ones that have been coming out for the past few years, you kind of HAVE to be if you want to continue to enjoy videogaming!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 14, 2006 16:40
The opening scene for Quake 4. Disturbing trickery.
Goes a little like this
[:' (]
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 14, 2006 17:39

like the ones that have been coming out for the past few years, you kind of HAVE to be if you want to continue

in a way, I completely agree! I' m fillin ghte gaps in the 360 lineup (although there are some fantasic titles comming soon) with buying older hardware! I cant wait, my regulation #7 DC turns up today, to join my import sat / md / sms and I' m bonkers excited about it too especially as I' ve found a decent rip of propellor arena to kick my flatmates ar$e with!
The Wise One

• Total Posts : 7
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 14, 2006 22:06
The cutscenes in Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes are probably my favourite cutscenes. My overall favourite would have to be ninja wreaking havoc on the soldiers in the corridor.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 14, 2006 22:43

ORIGINAL: The Wise One

The cutscenes in Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes are probably my favourite cutscenes. My overall favourite would have to be ninja wreaking havoc on the soldiers in the corridor.

Originally in MGS on the Playstation an Gangsta already put that one in.

I didn' y like Twin Snakes though (and i love the MGS series' ). Gamecube should have gotten it' s very own game rather than some half-breed.

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 14 Feb 06 14:43:41 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 15, 2006 05:11
yeah twin snakes was way too ugly for it' s time - that' s why MGS for PSX will be remembered as the one and only MGS 1

Seriously they did a lame job trying to improve on the original.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 15, 2006 05:25
I personally loved twin snakes, but thats probably because i didnt play the original one for playstation, as i didnt have a playstation.

I found it more fun than MGS2 for xbox, which i never got around to complete.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 15, 2006 06:56
^5 Gangsta

The original on the Playstation was absolutely engrossing. I got the demo before the game came out and was utterly blown away with the style, the control, ...everything.

It was a big game too and the boss figts were brilliant, especially the Gray Fox battle with the chaff grenades and thermal vision.

I love the way Snake says Metal GEAR!

If anyone ever decides to make a movie of it, i will kill the director and make sure it never gets released! It' s a work of art (ha, tell that to Kojima) already!
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Favourite game cutscene. - Feb 15, 2006 07:22
Does this include endings/beginings?

Has to be the end of Shenmue 1 and the begining of shenmue 2..

Boarding the boat to Hong kong, then when the boat arives, and that bird fly' s over some hills....

" He shall appear from a far Eastern land across the sea. A young man who has yet to know his potential. This potential is a power that can either destroy him, or realize his will. His courage shall determine his fate. The path he must traverse, fraught with adversity, I await whilst praying. For this destiny predetermined since ancient times... A pitch, black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light. And thus the saga, begins..."

That touches me man!..
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 14 Feb 06 23:24:10 >
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message