Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Just watched Catch me if you can
MuteCity

• Total Posts : 159
Just watched Catch me if you can - May 25, 2004 06:16
Wow. This movie caught me off guard, I generally steer clear of dicaprio' s movies but this one was really excellent. Leo CAN act! (ok, might be stetching here a little.......)
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Just watched Catch me if you can - May 25, 2004 06:40
Glad you checked it out, I enjoyed the movie a great deal.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Just watched Catch me if you can - May 25, 2004 17:54
Ya it was a very good movie, and I too was very surprised by Leos acting ability in this one.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Just watched Catch me if you can - May 25, 2004 22:59
This one is on my list of " to see" (I am shamefully behind in my movie watching yet once again), but i have heard good things about it.
Star Tekkie

• Total Posts : 97
RE: Just watched Catch me if you can - May 27, 2004 18:22
you haven' t seen it Rikka?!?!?!?! I' ve watched it atleast twice, I was going to buy it at one point.. *shrugs* either way, it is really good and while watching it I didn' t even notice it was Leo. He may have even done a better job than in Gangs of New York.. (maybe) I just can' t believe it' s based on true events. crazy!
Terry Bogard

RE: Just watched Catch me if you can - May 28, 2004 05:57
LMAO!! Why do so many people hate Leo Di-CRAP-Prio??
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Just watched Catch me if you can - May 28, 2004 06:02
I think it started with Titanic...before that I really didn' t have a problem with him. He' s been in some really good movies over the years, What' s Eating Gilber Grape?, Gangs of New York, and Catch Me If You Can. I really disliked Titanic...I think it was the whole love theme and I guess if you liked that then you thought it was a great movie. It seemed at the time you couldn' t turn on your tv or radio without seeing an ad for the movie.
Star Tekkie

• Total Posts : 97
RE: Just watched Catch me if you can - May 28, 2004 17:57
yeah, I' d agree with that Yoshi.. He wasn' t very enjoyable in Titanic..
Rikka

RE: Just watched Catch me if you can - May 29, 2004 01:59
I dislike him, because he acheived sucess on his shitty looks ebing a teen heart throb who couldn' t act to save his life. I despised all the hype over him when I was younger.

I will admit, he has grown and has matured as an artist, so I no longer avoid movies that tout him as a lead. but that is the thing. They no longer try to sell a movie solely based on his name.
MuteCity

RE: Just watched Catch me if you can - May 29, 2004 16:01
I must have been expecting way too much from this movie...but I hated Gangs of New York. I waited for this movie for a long time and when it got here it just did not deliver...daniel day lewis' character in the trailers got my original interest for this one. I thought the script was just crap though.

And while we are talking up dicaprio(haha) another movie I found fairly enjoyable with him was the man in the iron mask.
Terry Bogard

RE: Just watched Catch me if you can - May 29, 2004 16:30
Iron Mask was pretty good indeed.
Rikka

RE: Just watched Catch me if you can - May 29, 2004 17:14
My secret shame is that is my ultimate favourite movie. I am a sucker for musketeers (gotta love Jeremy Irons, Gerard Depardieu, and Gabriel Burns). BUT I could not stand leo di' craprio in that movie.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Just watched Catch me if you can - May 29, 2004 20:57
Daniel Day Lewis' s performance in Gangs of New York is one of my all-time faves. It' s a shame what happens to him in the end...a damn shame.

I hated the Man in the Iron Mask...overly dramatic would be my classification of that movie. Never actually made it through the whole movie.
MuteCity

RE: Just watched Catch me if you can - May 29, 2004 21:54

Daniel Day Lewis' s performance in Gangs of New York is one of my all-time faves. It' s a shame what happens to him in the end...a damn shame.

Agreed. I really enjoyed his performance in the movie...I just didn' t enjoy the movie overall.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Just watched Catch me if you can - Jun 08, 2004 17:22
i think its one of leo' s.....wait.....i think this is leo' s ONLY good movie really. he and hanks play off each other wonderfully.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Just watched Catch me if you can - Jun 16, 2004 07:57
Wow, seems like some people have a strong dislike for dicaprio. I hated titanic, but I think he' s a very talented actor. I liked Catch me if you can, but you can' t really go wrong with Tom Hanks(except in the Ladykillers)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll