Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Best 360 launch title
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
The Best 360 launch title - Feb 14, 2006 07:13
hey there everybody
I' m considering picking up a core 360 from my friend, so in your opinion, what is the best launch title, NOT based on online, because i won' t have it.
(P.S. Majik, i had forgotten i had just posted a micro$oft post before i posted that, so this brings us up to five even enough?)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 14, 2006 07:24
LOL!

^5 Eddie!

Firstly, you' re gonna need a HDD. The Memory Units are ok for saves but you' ll eventually want to be able to do more.

What game you should get depends on your tastes i guess. If i had to say which i thought was the best title available then i would say CoD2.

CoD2, DoA4, PGR3, Condemned and Amped (yes it IS good for those of you that didn' t buy it), are probably the best games available.

Don' t bother with PDZ (especially if you won' t be getting a gold membership), Gun, Tony Hawks or any of the sports games because they suck (i got them all and have given 3 games away already).

Kameo is short but oh so sweet! (she has a great ass too...)

King Kong is ok but once you get past the nice looking dinosaurs and big hairy ape you' ll probably get bored. That and it' s only about 6 hours long and still costs £50!

Remember Rogue Agent is out next month, along with GR3:AW and Oblivion (which would be the perfect game to get if you weren' t buying another for a while).
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 14, 2006 07:46
You definetly need to pick up Call of Duty 2. Easily the best launch game.Either that or DOA4
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 14, 2006 10:17
garrrr... so that' s where all the good games from the past 3 months have gone, straight to the 360.
yeah, the memory thing is a bummer, but the deluxe package is out of my price range, and i can' t find hard drives anywhere that aren' t insanely marked up.
so call of duty. i' ll definately pick that one up. GR:AW is gonna kick some buttocks. and you said amped was good? i haven' t been able to play it. is it along the lines of fanciful SSX or something like the old 1080*. because either one is good for me. oblivion would definately keep me busy. and after playing american wasteland on my buddie' s 360, neversoft has stooped to a new low. it' s just a freakin xbox port. garrr for mediocre games[:' (]. alright, well thanks everypeople, i' ll be headin up to the game store soon to ask about new shipments
Nitro

RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 14, 2006 10:36
Amped 3 is kinda like Amped 2, only not...

Amped 2 was hard, the physics sucked ass and the trick system was lame.

Amped 3 has been built from the ground up, meaning a new engine and much better physics and handling. The tricks are much easier to pull off now thanks to a new er...trick system...

Basically it plays as if you were playing Tony Hawks, but if you want, you can use the right analog stick in conjunction with the triggers (like FNR3) to pull off your moves.

It' s fairly slow going, but it' s absolutely massive, it looks gorgeous, it' s full of mini-games, there' s an unbelievable amount of customization options (loads of real-life equipment and clothes), and it has what are possibly the best cutscenes EVER! And there are bloody loads of cutscenes too, all of which, once watched (unlocked) can be replayed in the cutscene viewer (and you will want to watch them again, if only to show your mates). They are just brilliant!

It' s definately worth it' s price tag. It' s not as flashy as SSX but is definately a better game. Some people have slated it but it' ll keep you busy and is worth a look at least (rental maybe).

If i was recommending 2 though, it' d be CoD2 and DoA4.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 14, 2006 12:21
COD2 is good although its too buggy, the save issue really pissed me off. This however has been fixed and the lag on Live is being addressed. If you can wait I reccomend GRAW and Oblivion and possibly Battlefield 2. The games out right now are nothing special.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 14, 2006 15:50
Dead or Alive or Condemned, Condemned isnt good if your only getting one game though, as its fi´nished fairly quickly!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 14, 2006 18:17
I' d say Doa 4 or Need for speed most wanted. Need for speed does get a bit boring at times though.
Nitro

RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 14, 2006 22:47
Loads of people don' t like NFS, but i thought the 360 version was gorgeous and played well.

It' s nowhere near as good as PGR though and Burnout is out next month so NFS really isn' t worth buying now!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 14, 2006 23:47
There' s a GRAW demo coming out pretty soon isnt there? That' s something you' d want a HDD for.

Can' t think of any launch games that absolutely rocked, but PGR3 and Condemned were fun, CoD if you' re into straight forward FPSs. Still playing PGR3 online, very addictive! But you wont have online which is a shame cos Live is really 360s best feature. I' d save some money for Oblivion and GRAW though which should be out March..?
< Message edited by choupolo -- 14 Feb 06 15:51:45 >
Nitro

RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 15, 2006 00:20
WHERE DID YOU HEAR THAT??????????

I want my Ghost Recon demo!!!!!!!!
choupolo

RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 15, 2006 00:33

5. Will there be a demo in the Marketplace soon, so we can experience the beauty of this game for ourselves in high-definition?
Yes there is, we are putting something special together as we speak which will be out soon.

http://graw.1up.com/

Last question on their blog at 1up. Also (if you didnt know) there' s a live Q&A session going on on 16th Feb (this Thu!) by going to ubisofts french site. Check out the news here: http://www.gamershell.com/news/28025.aspx
< Message edited by choupolo -- 14 Feb 06 16:35:10 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 15, 2006 01:04

You can' t wait less than one month for the full release?
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 15, 2006 01:47
Have to say I saw the demo for burnout revenge and for me next month can' t come any quicker cos it looks brilliant. I' ll add full aotu to that list aswell.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 14 Feb 06 18:00:32 >
The Wise One

• Total Posts : 7
RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 15, 2006 02:14
Call Of Duty 2 in my opinion is the best 360 launch title.
Nitro

RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 15, 2006 02:14

ORIGINAL: Game Junkie

You can' t wait less than one month for the full release?

Nope! I WANT MY GHOST RECON DEMO DAMMIT!!!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 15, 2006 03:27
Ok, launch titles I' ve played extensively are Gun, Amped 3, Perfect Dark, Call of Duty, Dead or Alive, and Kameo.

Of all of those Since you' ll be getting the hard driveless xbox, and alas no xbox live, I' d say get amped, or Kameo. Amped truly is awesome, and Kameo is a great adventure game. Dead or Alive is fun, but I think fighting games might wear thin quicker than others, they do for me at least. Call of Duty does have awesome single player game, but I think If I' m getting that game I' d want online play too, just because it was designed to have it. Gun is a port, and although fun, not as good as the others. Perfect Dark only get if you get xbox live gold, and then it' s a must have. If you' ve liked SSX games, you' ll love amped. A little more realistic, but very intuitive once you get a hold of things. The Adult swim style cut scenes do grate on some people though, so be warned.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 15, 2006 04:56
oh that' s easy - Final Fantasy XXVII - I really liked the way characters move - and the plot is so much better than in FF XXVI but the system is lacking comparing to FFXX - anyway the characters design is as cool as FF XIX which is very cool

Was that post a waste of time? ...probably :)
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 15, 2006 19:29
The best 360 launch title is either Geometry Wars Evolved or Mutant Storm.
choupolo

RE: The Best 360 launch title - Feb 16, 2006 01:52
Hehe..what about Marble Blaster Ultra? The demo was fun. I suppose it came out a bit later than launch.

When' s Street Fighter 2 coming out? And will we have to pay for it? That would be very cheeky.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message