Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii Impressions
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Wii Impressions - Dec 08, 2006 22:34
You guys have played the Wii, but what do you think of it? what do you like? what do you hate? have you impaled your tv yet with a wii-mote?

I' m will be playing the wii today in fact for the first time in a few hours, Zelda and Wii sports. I' ll tell you what I think tomorrow.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 08, 2006 22:45
The graphic is in comparsion with a ps3.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 08, 2006 22:46
I think its good, but not good enough right now. it has zelda and the older games. nothing else, when they get better games it will be good enough
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 08, 2006 22:49
Opps meant " ps2" .
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 08, 2006 23:12
Was going to say the Wii has graphics as good as the PS3 I was about to laugh at you.

The Wii needs to get some decent games before anything can really be made of it, the Wii sports demo / game is ok and gets you in the mood for shaking your wand about, but nothing else, hopefully something will come out soon to rock the Wii.
Orange

• Total Posts : 23
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 08, 2006 23:17
zelda is great too , but only this titles is not enought Wii need some more great games/system sellers
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 08, 2006 23:50
I got mine today and my first impressions are that..........it' s fantastic!!!

The remote reminds me of a mouse and it works a treat on Red Steel. I should have Zelda tomorrow, can' t wait for that!!!

Further impressions incoming soon.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 09, 2006 00:45
AWESOME!

Took part of a Gamestation Wii launch party, Took our Wii' s and got the hell outta there.

As soon as you start taking the Dam thing out of the Box, it uzzes quality. The interface is nice too, as with the sounds and vibrations that the wiimote give out feels like nothing before it.

The Wimotes and nunchucks are so nicely built and the quality and size of the Console is such, such F^%^ing class.

The Wii' s Visual output blinds the 360' s (just as i thought).. Really, really, bright and every game runs in a dreamy-rock solid framerate (the usual Nintendo Seal of Quality)..

Everything is as good, even better than expected. Seriously i advise everyone to get one of these, from starting wii sports we was instantly hooked.

This is the new s%$t right here, by far the most fun ive had on a new console ever (and i havent even opened Zelda yet)..

Wii is going to be --edit-- HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 8 Dec 06 16:48:10 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 09, 2006 00:55
^^

I think I' ll go out and develop my own opinion, it' s too mixed hearing from
different people, a lot of non-gamers hate it, and people that have been waiting
ages for it obviously love it (it was never going to go any other way).

The Wii' s Visual output blinds the 360' s (just as i thought).. Really, really, bright and every game runs in a dreamy-rock solid framerate (the usual Nintendo Seal of Quality)..

Huh? Usually f3, I am with you but the 360 pushes more graphics
so it' s obviously a lot easier for Wii with less graphical output to achieve a solid
framerate, any framerate below 60 is intolerable for Wii. What' s Zelda' s framerate saying?

*Puts on shoes to try out Wii*

Edit: Unless the framerate comment was purely an innocent untainted statement
commenting on Nintendo' s prowess for extreme quality, and not really a direct
comparison, then I have nothing to say..
< Message edited by Tiz -- 8 Dec 06 16:57:28 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 09, 2006 01:38
That simply means its alot birghter. Nothing more.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 09, 2006 03:18
Wii' s different, get it with something else, and you can' t go wrong. It definately can' t fill all of my gaming needs, but it is pretty sweet.

Oh, by the way, threw my friend' s ' mote at the wall yesterday (possibly on purpose), put a hole in the drywall, didn' t leave a scratch on the ' mote. The thing worked fine, I' m really impressed actually.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 09, 2006 06:11
... !

...Um, yeah... So I got a Wii now.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 09, 2006 07:27

AWESOME!

Took part of a Gamestation Wii launch party, Took our Wii' s and got the hell outta there.

As soon as you start taking the Dam thing out of the Box, it uzzes quality. The interface is nice too, as with the sounds and vibrations that the wiimote give out feels like nothing before it.

The Wimotes and nunchucks are so nicely built and the quality and size of the Console is such, such F^%^ing class.

Everything is as good, even better than expected. Seriously i advise everyone to get one of these, from starting wii sports we was instantly hooked.

This is the new s%$t right here, by far the most fun ive had on a new console ever (and i havent even opened Zelda yet)..

Wii is going to be --edit-- HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

so.....did you like it or not?
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 09, 2006 07:29
played it, fun when pissed and with mates...boring when playing on ya own.

Wii sports got old fast.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 09, 2006 07:54
I went to sleep for a couple of hours before goign to Asda. Slept for 4 hours, and it turns out as I was going for my nap the queue was so big I wouldn' t have gotten one anyway.

See you Ninty guys in the New Year
< Message edited by iad umboros -- 8 Dec 06 23:55:12 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 09, 2006 07:58
I might pop over to my friends house to try it out..
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 09, 2006 09:25
An hour or two in Zelda and I' m already in LOVE this game! To me It' s easily the best game I' ve played since Shadow of the Collossus, though it' s still way to early to say if it tops OoT or Link to the Past.

The controler however took me some time to get used to and for some time I went LIKE " WTF?! This doesn' t work at all! This is the BIGGEST MISTAKE EVAR!"

However now it feels like I' ve been playing this way my whole life and I' m going crazy thinking of the possibilities for this controler!

The graphics are UGLY! Real ugly when the latest game one played is Gears, yet I forgive that and think it all looks beautiful, simply because of the magnificent artistry!

Also, about the the console, it' s as silent as an empty, isolation cell! I' m loving it!
The control (that I thought looked a bit squarish, didn' t feel that at all... In fact it felt great (though I was surprised at how small it was!

...However there is one fatal flaw with the controler (if you ask me), which is that it is much harder to play games while eating a snack or sipping some juice!
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 09, 2006 11:30
I got my Wii yesterday on launch day!!!!
Ok what to say first.
Well Wii Sports is an excellant game to show what the console is capable of. Wii boxing is just excellant!! I had sooo much fun playing it! All the games are enjoyable to play (baseball is only ok though). The console itself is just the nicest looking console to date! Small sleek and quiet. There is not much more to say that hasen' t been said already.

Oh and Zelda! Well I have only started the game but I think the controls are excellant. The graphics are ok but still gorgeous. Thats all I can say so far about the game since I have only started but give me a day or so for a full impression.

Wii !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
< Message edited by Duffman -- 9 Dec 06 3:31:33 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 09, 2006 23:36
Yeah the Wii is good Fun, But we are going to have to wait untill more play time and more games come out for it, to see what works and what dosent.

I didnt find the wiimote odd at all, some people say it takes them a few minutes to get used to it, but as soon as I picked it up I was allready Boxing with ease. Wii sports is good craic but would get awful boring after a while, I did play it a good bit, its a nice added free extra. Got to play Zelda as well, well by playing Zelda I mean not knowing where to go and throwing chickens at people. The wiimote wasnt really used for my play time, but then again I didnt even get into the first 5mins, so I' ll have to see some sword play yet. The graphics arent horrible, and while not vomit inducing, they arent pretty compared its superior consonles ala ps3/360 on a bad day, but For the Wii, I dont really care, its all about the wiimote.

Did anybody else notice that batterys make the wiimote a tad warm? or is just my hand going crazy. I got cold hands.

And somebody else has got sweaty hands [:' (]
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 9 Dec 06 15:39:03 >
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Wii Impressions - Dec 10, 2006 01:06
I really just dont see the fun lasting very long to be honest.

Wii will do well the first year but after that people will want to get back to proper gaming.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message