Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 43
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 25, 2005 22:37
Hey everyone i was reading engadget.com to see what the headlines were. And not sure how credible this story is seeing how Nintendo NEVER goes to TGS. But here is the story.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000677056066/

SPOnG can be a little irregular in the credibility department, but they’re “confirming” with “100% certainty” that Nintendo is finally going to unveil the Revolution’s much-speculated-upon controller, as well as show off several different games running on the next-gen console, at next month’s Tokyo Games Show.

Although it would be smart to to show people that their system will be around half the price of the other 2 competitors seeing how MS is costing like $300-400 all the way upto $2000 for gamestop' s omega bundle haha. Also god knows how much the PS3 will cost seeing how the crazy ass president Kutaragi saying " It wil be expensive" more then once and saying " i want people to work extra hours to be able to buy our system" (aint gonna happen). Nintendo is always smart about pricing their system and i am 99% sure it will not be over $200 plus it already comes with the biggest library being able to play Gamecube disks like Twilight princess, the download feature which is awesome, and it' s own games like Mario Kart and Super Smash brothers on FREE wifi network unlike paying for xbox live.

I do admit this is the only system i do plan to buy at launch. I plan to wait to buy Xbox 360 and PS3 until the price drops and the RPGs come out.

All you Nintendo fans cross your fingers. Everyone else not able to afford the other 2 systems here is you chance to buy a next gen console for a very good and resonable price for what you get. Plus the games should be cheaper for it.
OmegaRed

• Total Posts : 17
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 25, 2005 22:39
Muline loking controler Revolution...lucky^____^...
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 25, 2005 22:41
does that mean you approve? what does muline mean?
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 02:19
It' s about time they revealed the bloody thing so I' m hoping this is true, BRING IT ON NINTENDO!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 06:33
I' m ready to be severely dissapoinyed!

Seriously though, I hope the controller is great. I just don' t see a controller being a system seller. they are making it out like it' s the second coming of God and everytime that happens with a game it' s a dissapointment (Halo 2!). I plan on getting a Revolution, thoughprobably not at launch. It depends on how many 360 games are being relaesed at that same time.

By the way Pheonix, the WiFi service may be free but if you actually think you' ll be downlaoding all those old game for free your crazy. My guess is $10 a pop for the oldest NES games minimum. Hell, they are still selling the old Mario games on the Gameboy for like $20. This isn' t like the PS2 where is you already own the game there is nothing more to pay for. Nintendo will be making money off of this. Big money.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 07:28
I think the games wil be a little cheaper Rampage, maybe 10-15 for 64 games, but cheaper for others. I actually see them bundling groups of games together and selling them for a higher price, maybe Super Mario 1 2 and 3 for 15$.
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 08:10
Well you never know, Nintendo is the first to have analog controllers now everyone has it, they were the first to have Shoulder buttons now everyone has it, they were the first to have the rumble pack now they all do. The had the powerglove, the Uforce, and now touch screen and dual screen, who knows what ideas Nintendo has. Plus Nintendo has some pretty smart brains over there and don' t count them out everytime they come up with a new technology everyone follows. (BY the way what ever happen to the Sony lawsuit? they were suppposed to cease all sales of the PS2' s, controllers, and bunch of games).

I don' t think they will be that much plus i read that Nintendo said that they will have promotions and give away downloads and if you buy certain games and stuff you get a free download like the napster download get a free download if you buy this etc.. plus the might have a monthly service where you can download unlimited games for one fee which i would totally do. I wonder if they wil also include Japanese and european games we never got and give them games they never got (although japan has everything so they are not worried). I don' t really care about playing online enough to pay for it yet so it' s cool that, they are making that part free. I would totally pay for the old games.
Rampage99

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 08:25
I honestly hope it' s as good as you think. I want a Revolution and I want Nintendo to do well. I just have an aching feeling that this new controller isn' t going to come anywhere near the hype that Ninetendo is flooding around it.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 08:27
Yeah,shigeru was with and designed the N64 controller that was amazing,but the high people of Nintendo still cant admit not going CD for n64 was wrong,nor that gc should have used a dvd...
And now they will skip HDTV support for NR,what would Nintendo be without shigeru?!

And yes losing Enix+Square was a great way to win in japan for Sony.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 26 Aug 05 16:33:42 >
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 08:31
yeah me too after the disaster of staying with cartridges and claiming it will be cheaper but it fact it was more expensive was almost a near fatal move. If they didn' t have such big name first party games they might have died out. The loss of Square Enix was a very damaging blow along with other 3rd party support. I hope this round they do better seeing how they are most likely much cheaper and the download service should help.

What if the controller is like a DS? 2 screen display and you can choose either touch screen or normal contollers and the touch screen wil be like maps and stuff. Like using your GBA to play four swords and crystal chronicles.
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 08:36
from what i was told and read. THey said HDTV is still not main stream yet and still expensive. The HDTV support for Europe is under 10%, the US and Japan still in the low double digits. Plus the games would cost more to make. Which makes sense. Remember Nintendo says to them being fun, innovative and being different and keeping the game industry new and original is more important then flashy boring games and the same old stuff over and over. Which i agree the NES and SNES games were not flashy but simple and fun.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 08:41
Yeah,but for those who have hdtv...the support should be there.
I doesnt have hdtv and will not get one untill 2006-2007 then mayby the price is somewhere right,and then it would be fun if i could take the advantage of higher graphic resolution,even though i know Nintendo games isn' t about graphic...
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 08:45
I think Nintendo knows that if you care about flashy games then the PS3 and XBox 360 shoudl satisfy you craving. Don' t get me wrong, you never know the games on the Revolution should still look beautiful but not super high HD quality. BUt liek i said they care more about it being fun then flashy from what i was told when i sent them an email asking them about the HDTV support.
mxpx182

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 09:15
If the no HDTV means being able to keep the price reasonable, and not rediculous (sorry, I' m still very miffed at the rising costs of the industry.) then maybe it' s not such a bad idea. I think game companies are coming dangerously close to a price point that will exclude people simply because of finances. This is a world where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, I think the game companies are forgetting who they want to market this stuff to. Sure, some people will be able to afford anything, and a another group will sacrifice to get one cause they are hardcore fans, but the families who are getting it for there kids as a toy, and that' s a lot of families, I think they' ll bethe ones that previously had a gaming system, that now will go with the cheapest one simply because it' s the cheapest.
Raide

• Total Posts : 20
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 09:17
I guess it depends what your view of fun is. If squad based FPS, Big MMO style games and some great sports titles is what you view as fun. Then the PS3 and 360 will be great. If you view fun as Mario games, Starfox games and Metroid titles and various old nes,snes and n64 titles. (To name a few) Then the Rev will be your choice.

I am in it for MMO games and Online play, no matter what style the game is. So 360 fits me perfectly. MS are the only group than can and does manage a great online service. Nintendo has been there always in the game industry, it would not be right without them but their inability to help their fans and their inability to let them know anything about its new console is a bit of a worry. Added to this is their insistance to jump on with Sony in slagging off MS and the 360. One of these companies will backfire soon and I fear it may be Nintendo.

Sega dropping out was good and bad. It does mean they can produce their oen great titles on multiple consoles.
Rampage99

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 09:19
$300 and $400 dollars for a console isn' t a lot. If you look at the history of console prices it' s basically normal for initioal cost. The only console I' m worried about costing more than normal is the PS3. If it comes out at higher than $450 that will be getting too high.
mxpx182

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 09:41
300-400 isn' t exactly normal, but you are right, it' s not far off. last generation, I believe PS2 and Xbox were 300, cube 200. Let' s ignore the cube for a moment, cause it' s different. So yes, 300 was normal for the other 2, but they were the full fledged systems, not a bastardized version. Now I realize you are getting a much more technologically advanced machine again (just like every generation), but this time they' ve bumped up the price 100 bucks for the full machine, regardless that you get more stuff, it' s still an initial investement of 100 bucks more. If we go back to the generation before, Sony had a weird launch with the playstation and I don' t know the price, but I believe it was 299. N64 was the same I think. The PS1 however didn' t really takeoff huge until 97, and that had a lot to do with FF7, that game sold systems. Before that is the SNES and Genesis, and those systems were 199, came with 2 controllers and a game. so if we just look from 15 years ago, for 200 bucks you' d get a system 2 controllers, and a game. now you need to spend 400-500 (depending if you want the crappy version of the 360) to get the same thing. Lord knows what you' ll need to spend to get a PS3 with a game and 2 controllers I' m betting upwards of 600. Then depending on where you live, add up to as much as 15% sales tax, that makes it 700. You know what I mean Rampage? I' m just pretty disgusted at Microsofts and Sony' s attitude that we should feed there pockets. Do I want a 360? Hell yes, the thing looks sexy, I' m impressed with the support, and I like the periphials. I have to wait till it drops though, I just can' t defend spending that much money. And tis is not me being elitest, I' ll be happy to play anybody' s 360 if they buy one, and i' m not bashing those who do, cause there financial situation could perhaps easily justify it, the windows just getting smaller.
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 09:58
I think the most Nintendo ever charged for a system was $250 if even that. Which is why i am almost certain the Revolution will be around $200 and the only one i plan to buy at launch being the most decent price especially for what you get.

Yes you are right the PS1 became super popular when FF7 came out and is still known by many includin gme as the best RPG ever (for me Xenogears is alost one of the best RPGs ever). Same thing with the PS2 FF10 made the PS2 super popular not to mention the backwards compatibility.

It' s scary to think how much the PS3 wil be when you add the accessories and games being on Blu-Ray and production might be high at first so they could cost alot while the Rev' s games should be cheaper since DVD' s have become cheap to produce and not using HDTV which at first i was upset about but then when you think about it it' s a smart move HDTV is still not mainstream enough to warrant the extra cost. I think the Rev has a bright future especially since people who can' t afford the other 2 wil stick with the Rev. ALso don' t underestimate the power of old school download games. Not many peopel know about ROMS so this is their only way to play old games they missed
Rampage99

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 10:12
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/643/643170p1.aspx

Atari VCS launched in 1977 for $249.99 $811.21 in 2005
Nintendo Entertainment System launched in 1985 for $199.99 $354.91 in 2005
SEGA Genesis launched in 1989 for $249.99 $389.67 in 2005
NeoGeo launched in 1990 for $699.99
$1041.12 in 2005
Super Nintendo launched in 1991 for $199.99
$282.21 in 2005
Jaguar launched in 1993 for $249.99
$328.69 in 2005
3DO Interactive Multiplayer launched in 1993 for $699.95 $920.30 in 2005
SEGA Saturn launched in 1995 for $399.99 $497.66 in 2005
Nintendo 64 launched in 1996 for $199.99
$242.75 in 2005
SEGA Dreamcast launches in 1999 for $199.99 $228.09 in 2005
PlayStation launched in 1995 for $299.99 $372.01 in 2005
PlayStation 2 launched in 2000 for $299.99 $333.15 in 2005
Xbox Launched in 2001 for $299.99
$325.34 in 2005
GameCube launched in 2001 for $199.99
$216.89 in 2005

You are only going off a few consoles, not the broad range of them. There were more consoles launched that were even more than this. Hell, people should stop complaining about the 360 price completely. Sure the core package is lacking in the extras department, but seriously... this is the first console to completely devistate any computer on the market. Bethseda Software said no computer will be able to run Oblivion as well as the 360. The 360 is technology that shouldn' t even be in our hands for a couple more years based on previous trends in computers and consoles. The computers that will have this technology won' t be out for a while. Complaining about paying $400 dollars for a super computer is rediculous. I see your point about people having trouble affording these things but this hobbie of ours has never been cheap. An extra $100 dollars isn' t much for the average gamer. Hell, that' s only 2 games.

How much have you spent on your consoles this genreation? Most likely a lot. Those somewhat higher prices mean what... a whole 2 or 3 less games a year? The 360 prices aren' t bad at all. This constant complaining is getting old.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 26 Aug 05 18:14:24 >
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 10:20
I don' t mean to sound like i am complianing. I am just saying that people who can' t afford it will most liley just sitck with Nintendo because they are always the cheapest f the 3 plus they have the biggest og the big franchises like Mario, Zelda, pokemon, Metroid, Donkey Kong, etc..

you know what i mean? it' s nice to have a system be decently priced of course it doesn' t do everything the Xbox 360 and PS3 does but most people don' t even care about those features. They just want to play fun games you know?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 43

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message