Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 360 games
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
360 games - Nov 26, 2005 01:26
I waited at wal-mart at 9:30 until midnight to get my 360. All 40 were sold out by 10, i got there just in time.

Games I got were PDZ and PGR3.
PDZ is pretty good for single player and is awesome playing co-op with split screen, system link or live.
Split screen multiplayer is alright, the frame rate gets pretty low though, seems to get down to the 20s some times in split screen. With one player it is alright though. Multiplayer over live and split screen is pretty good. Better than most games, but it really isn' t that great. Maybe its just because everybody is nubs though. Graphics are very good.

PGR3 I haven' t really had time to play much yet. Only played a few times single player and multiplayer. In car view is amazing, looking around with the right joystick to look in ur mirror and stuff, just wow. Graphics are insane. Never any frame rate problems, but it could be smoother. Only played 1 race multiplayer it was cool, didn' t get to try out the other gametypes yet.

My brother bought COD2 asuming he will get a 360 soon so for now I' ve been playing it. The single player and the multiplayer are just amazing. The frame rate is a solid 60 all the time for single player. Split screen sometimes it slows a bit below 60, but usually around 60. Graphics are pretty good. They didn' t really make them any better for 360. Just the same as PC settings maxed out, but it runs at a solid 60 fps and they are still very good graphics. Grahpics easily are better than any old gen consoles. I can' t get enough of its multiplayer, very balanced with many different gametypes. They actually show you what your numeric ping is in the game too. Usually ends up around 50 for most people, which is awesome. The single player game is awesome too, an awesome WWII experience. The controls are awesome too, works so well with a controller, controls better than halo. The only flaw in this game is the occasional laggy live game. About 1 out of every 10 games you will get a laggy host. Everybody will have a 999 ping and you really can' t move or anything. Not too big a deal, you just quit out and are back in new game within 2 minutes.

So those are the three games that i' ve played lets hear what other people think of their games. I don' t wanna hear the BS that fanboys or people that don' t own a 360 think, I wanna hear it from people who actually have a 360 in their house and own games.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: 360 games - Nov 29, 2005 05:53
I currently have PDZ, NBA2k6, and NFS:MW. All three games are awesome. Hopefully for Christmas I' ll be getting Quake 4, DOA4, and a thrid game... not sure what though.

I waited 14 and a half hours in line for my 360 and I wasn' t even the first person in line. I was number 6! It didn' t matter though since I got my premium system right when the store opened. It was so worth camping in front of Best Buy.I' ve been playing this thing like mad which is why I haven' t been on the forums much. I' m taking a break from NFS:MW right now and when I' m done typing this I plan on going to PDZ. The 360 is awesome!!!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: 360 games - Nov 29, 2005 06:42
While not quite as enthusiastic as Rampage (It helps that I didn' t have to pony up the cash for the system so it doesn' t hurt so much if I don' t like something), I' d say I' m generally impressed with the 360. The user interaction features of the SYSTEM, not the games, is by far the most impressive thing to me. the games are good, but nothing that makes me say, wow, best game evah!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: 360 games - Nov 29, 2005 07:25
Everyone knows FF7 is that.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: 360 games - Nov 29, 2005 08:55
Shut up about FF7 Quezcatol, we know its ur favorite game, this is a thread about 360 games, and that FF7 is not.
locopuyo

RE: 360 games - Nov 29, 2005 14:24
I' ve downloaded and played 3 demos for the xbox 360.
NBA Live 06: Horrible game. I didn' t have fun at all playing it. It just isn' t fun to play.
Kameo: Pretty cool, nice grahpics, pretty good gameplay but not really my kind of game.
Need for Speed: alright, graphics are alright but it would be a joke to compare them to PGR3. I' m not a fan of the handling at all but you can get used to it. Most of the gametypes are kind of lame but the police chase one is awesome. It was kind of a let down though. It is a little fun but EA just doesn' t pull it off. It could be much much better.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: 360 games - Nov 29, 2005 14:49

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I currently have PDZ, NBA2k6, and NFS:MW. All three games are awesome. Hopefully for Christmas I' ll be getting Quake 4, DOA4, and a thrid game... not sure what though.

Get Condemned! You won' t regret it! (or I' ll eat my hat!)

I waited 14 and a half hours in line for my 360 and I wasn' t even the first person in line. I was number 6! It didn' t matter though since I got my premium system right when the store opened. It was so worth camping in front of Best Buy.I' ve been playing this thing like mad which is why I haven' t been on the forums much. I' m taking a break from NFS:MW right now and when I' m done typing this I plan on going to PDZ. The 360 is awesome!!!

Yeah, my friend and I waited 21 hours! It would' ve been longer, but we left from the Best Buy line (they opened at 9 am) to go get in the Walmart line (they opened at midnight). We would' ve been there for 9 more hours!! Actually, it probably would' ve been better for me, ' cause mine might actually work!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: 360 games - Nov 30, 2005 05:13

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

Get Condemned! You won' t regret it! (or I' ll eat my hat!)

I want the game but I heard it was fairly short and had little to no replay value. I can' t see myself forking over $60 bucks for something I' ll beat in about 10 hours and then toss aside. I may get it down the road (starting in December I get al my 360 games at 25% off through a friend at EB) but as of right now the initial cost of the system has me nearly broke.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: 360 games - Nov 30, 2005 05:26
Friday the console comes out in the UK and I' m getting PGR3 and PDZ. I was thinking about getting Kameo as a third but am unsure. I actually like adventure type games like that and it was looking pretty. I' m not bothered about Condemned though, it doesn' t look my kind of game.

What other game on launch would you recommend for playability and also just to show off to mates with the ' wow' factor of the graphics?
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: 360 games - Nov 30, 2005 06:23
I have yet seen a game that has the WOW factor that you speak of even tho, I don' t have a 360. I have friends that do and they all say the same thing. I have to freaking wait till next year to play a real game. Maybe King Kong might come close to showing off it' s graphics but it' s too dark of a game to tell at times. I think you' ll have to look forward to the companies that have made the superior games and have an everlasting series spawning from them. In order to get that WOW experience.
Mr_Vandelay

• Total Posts : 17
RE: 360 games - Nov 30, 2005 17:47
You know, I almost regret getting the 360 at launch. I don' t like any of the games released so far, and Dead or Alive 4 keeps getting delayed (I' m beginning to get annoyed with Itagaki, who can never meet a deadline). So right now I' m basically stuck with a useless box, some extra controllers/accessories, and no games to enjoy on it. It wouldn' t be so bad if I could get through the goddam Live servers and complete a single demo download. If you don' t have the 360 yet, don' t feel down. I actually recommend waiting until spring/fall 2006 at the earliest to get one. By then the console should have a more interesting line-up of games and perhaps the servers will be upgraded. Trust me, if you' ve been playing games for the past several years, the Xbox 360 launch line-up offers nothing overly impressive or geniunely new. I doubt PS3 will be any different. In fact it' s going to be interesting to see what happens when Sony launches that first-gen Bluray player ;)
< Message edited by mr_vandelay -- 1 Dec 05 1:50:17 >
whatabout_paul

RE: 360 games - Nov 30, 2005 17:49
Unfortunatly I' m a console whore and must own new technology as soon as it arrives.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: 360 games - Nov 30, 2005 18:17
I got CONDEMNED! But I gots no console...

I put it in the xbox and it started up only to give me a message saying ' Please put this inthe Xbox 360' or somthing..even started the 360 logo sequence.

So ya...the case is nice to look at, but you can only stare for so long. A read the manual (a first for any game Ive played) so I' m now ready to beat people senceless.

Curse you EB and throwing me onto the 2nd shipment! I reserved mine in July!

Anyhow I know I will definatly need another game as Condemned (altho I know will be great) can only keep me entertained for so long. Plus I need another game/s to last me up thru Feb or March. So the best options would be an online game. And since none of the sports games are actually Next Gen sports titles (as it seems) that narrows it down to a fighter, some FPS' and 2 racers. And it has to be an online game that can top my current favs Battlefield 2 and Ghost Recon 2.

It seems I will have quite alot of time before I have to make any permanent decision so I will just wait and see what ppl say. Most likly it will either be PGR3, CoD2, or PDZ.

I also get to use my brothers discount, so I can ignore that $10 increase and stay with current prices...or slightly cheaper even.
whatabout_paul

RE: 360 games - Nov 30, 2005 18:25
We need a load of people on Kikizo to get PGR3, PDZ or *something* on Live and start a clan or online competition :) winner takes a prize (Or gets a cool message under their name.
locopuyo

RE: 360 games - Nov 30, 2005 19:45
You really don' t get a very big WOW effect unless you see it in high definition.

Project Gothem Racing 3 racing on the bridge as you gaze at the skyscrapers has quite the wow effect.

Prettty much all of PDZ is wowing compared to xbox 1 games.\

I would recomend Call of Duty 2 for playability. The multiplayer is just awesome.

It would be quite cool to get some Kikizo competition going online.
I own PGR3, PDZ, and COD2 and my gamertag is LocoPollo.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: 360 games - Nov 30, 2005 19:59
I bought PGR3, all I need now is my 360. I was going to get Oblivion but it was pushed back, oh well I guess if they tweak it to perfection then it will be worth the wait.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: 360 games - Nov 30, 2005 20:53
I' m definetly in for the Kikizo clan for PDZ. I know lotusson plays as well, but not sure if they own the game. My gamer tag is RaKier for anyone who wants to add me and play PDZ.
whatabout_paul

RE: 360 games - Dec 01, 2005 06:29
Exactly. Oblivion is looking awsome. I don' t mind them taking their time on it if it means we' ll get a more polished title.

How hard would it be to se up a Kikizo world tour on PGR3?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll