Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Village - What did YOU think?
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
The Village - What did YOU think? - Aug 03, 2004 02:39
Well I went to see this on the weekend. What can I say about it? Hmmm.
I thought it was total crap. One of the biggest let downs ever. I went in expecting this suspensful thriller (oouu creatures in the forest - what could they be?) but I got nothing. A couple of times I found myself twiriling my hand in such a way to try to get the story moving along. I was so bored watching this movie. And then for the kicker, the twist - lamest twist ever.
Leaving the theatre I felt that the previews and trailers totally did not portray the movie well at all. I felt like charging them for false advertisment or something.
Ugh it was just awful.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: The Village - What did YOU think? - Aug 03, 2004 03:25
Fortunately I went into the movie already knowing what kind of twist to expect... Before the movie was released someone told me that Disney wanted M. Night to change the ending of the movie, I guess to them it was too lame of an ending...

One of the worst things about the movie was the actress who played the blind girl. She had to be the worst ' blind' actress evar!!! She kept looking at things and running around as if she could see.

To make matters worst, the only truly interesting character (Phoenix) in the movie was ' taken out of the game' for the remainder of the movie.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: The Village - What did YOU think? - Aug 03, 2004 04:31
It was a good movie..... but FAAAAR below expectations.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: The Village - What did YOU think? - Aug 03, 2004 15:55
I waited 2 hours for THAT? At least I got paid to see the movie.

SPOILERZ:
I knew right from the start that they were living in modern times. Adrian Brody' s character was lame. Wah-Keen Feenix definitely had the most interesting character. He was sitting on the porch and Ron Howard' s daughter comes up and starts yapping at him. He asks her " How did you know I was on this porch, you stupid blind bitch?" and she said " I saw you though the window, asswipe." I guess she is only blind when she wants sympathy. Or maybe she smelled him because it sure didn' t look like they had any plumbing or source of water, so I doubt that they bathed. If that was supposed to be a joke, it was a lame one. Sig-horny Weaver really wanted to jump William Hurt' s bones, and he refused to shake her hand. Why? It had nothing to do with the movie and added nothing to any of the characters. And how the hell did Adrian Brody make vicious growling sounds when he was dressed up in the costume? No human can make those sounds, especially pansie-ass Adrian Brody!
End Spoilerz

Bah!
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: The Village - What did YOU think? - Aug 03, 2004 17:13
Wow... I guess I' ll wait until it comes out on video.
Terry Bogard

RE: The Village - What did YOU think? - Aug 03, 2004 17:15

SPOILERZ
I was wondering about the growling sounds to but then figured that since they were living in modern times he probably had some recording device with him or something.

/SPOILERZ
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 8/3/2004 5:17:26 PM >
Joe Redifer

RE: The Village - What did YOU think? - Aug 03, 2004 23:59
SPOILERZ
I thought about that as well, but where would they put the speakers in the costumes? Also, how would the speakers be powered? If they were battery powered, what happens when the batteries die? They can' t just wander into town and get more.
End Spoilerz
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 8/4/2004 12:00:18 AM >
Terry Bogard

RE: The Village - What did YOU think? - Aug 04, 2004 00:31

If they were battery powered, what happens when the batteries die? They can' t just wander into town and get more.

SPOILERZ
Just send the blind girl into town to get more batteries like they had her do with the medicine. ;)
/ SPOILERZ
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 8/4/2004 12:33:23 AM >
Joe Redifer

RE: The Village - What did YOU think? - Aug 04, 2004 01:08
I finally figured out why Adrian Brody was always laughing throughout the entire movie (all 3 or 4 of his scenes). it' s because of all the $$$ he got for an hour' s worth of work! He didn' t even have to memorize any lines!
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: The Village - What did YOU think? - Aug 05, 2004 20:51
Ok....I have some mixed feelings about this overall. But instead of delving into all of them, I figured I' d just come out and give my rating of the movie. I give it an 8/10. I thought it was a lot of fun after all was said and done. There were some staple M Night suspense scenes there that I pretty much bought my ticket wanting. So I' m all about it, had a good time.

btw...the two trailers I remember were Sky Capt and National Treasure. Both look great. I had seen nat' l treasure before and thought it was cool, but not Sky Capt. At least thats two more to look forward to.
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: The Village - What did YOU think? - Aug 06, 2004 23:13
i knew a lot of people wouldn' t like it after i saw it, but you know what, i did.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: The Village - What did YOU think? - Aug 09, 2004 20:18
If you went in expecting to be not scared then it wouldn' t have been that bad of movie but the fact that it was advertised as a thriller of some sort I was pissed that that' s not what it was at all.
There were maybe 4-5 " scary" scenes max.
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: The Village - What did YOU think? - Aug 24, 2004 06:01
hehe. I' ll bet Shayamalan was trying to say with this movie, " Bet you thought this was gonna be scary didn' t ya? DIDN' T YA???????"

Minor spoiler:
It' s still got that trademark Shayamalan twist though.

And btw, i think even if Brody didn' t get any lines... it' s still hard to act like he did. ' Twas flawless acting in my opinion. :P
Reznor

• Total Posts : 123
RE: The Village - What did YOU think? - Aug 30, 2004 06:44
It was a good film but it was not what i was expecting.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: The Village - What did YOU think? - Sep 12, 2004 05:29
I liked it. I was expecting less of it, so I was pleasantly suprised. Yes I figured a lot of it out, but I did in the Sixth Sense as well, so I spend the movie trying to prove my suspicions wrong (i know, i am a dork).

The blind actress did a pretty sh*tty job, but that' s ok, i' ll forgive her. And I do agree, they introduce a few too many " sidelines" that are never fully developed and really do nothing for the movie, but all in all it was a good film. I give it a thumb or two up.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll