Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 02:39
13-Nov-2006 Preview: Worth buying a PS3 for...

Listen carefully and you can probably hear the collective sound of Xbox fans' hearts breaking everywhere at the news that Ninja Gaiden is finally coming to PlayStation 3.

A stunning action romp from the warped minds that brought us bouncy ladyfighting epic Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden was, and still is for many people, the ONLY reason to buy an Xbox beyond Halo, and let' s face it, even that' s looking shaky now up against Resistance.

To recap, Ninja Gaiden puts you in the jet black plimsolls of Ryu Hayabusa, a proper man' s ninja with a long sword, razor-sharp shuriken and uncanny ability to decapitate anything nearby with a head. When he' s not pulling off the kind of acrobatic stunts that make the Prince of Persia look wheelchair-bound, Ryu is knee-deep in monster guts and brutal hand-to-hand combat, the like of which is arguably just as good as anything seen in more traditional fighters such as Tekken and Soul Calibur. In short, Ninja Gaiden is the perfect combination of platform jumping, puzzle solving and deeply satisfying fisticuffs.

For an Xbox game, Ninja Gaiden was breathtakingly slick and attractive, but on PS3, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, as this semi-remake is being called, is out of this world. To put it into perspective, the pre-rendered Xbox cutscenes that took literally months to create, PS3 somehow manages to better in real-time gameplay. Talk about progress.

Plus, it comes loaded with great big, solid wedges of new stuff not seen in the original. New levels, new monsters, new weapons and new moves for starters, plus sexy bit-part character Rachel, who sent many an Xbox owner stiffening, is now a playable character too (think Michelle Marsh with a sword. And bigger tits). Not so much a nail in Xbox' s coffin, as a ten-ton wrecking ball.

YES WE ARE SO AFRAID.
AND LOL AT YOU,SO NOW IT WAS NG AND HALO THAT WAS ONLY WORTH HAVING ON THE XBOX? HAHAHAHA.
AND YES RETSINCE WHAT A HALO KILLER LOL @A TYOU.

And its also funny how we already got 2 remake of NG and they think we want one more instead of upcoming Ng2.

lol at them.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 13 Nov 06 18:46:56 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 03:09
Uh... the PS3 version looks the same as the original Xbox version for the most part. It doesn' t look anywhere close to the CG cut scenes. This guy is on crack...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 03:11
The PS3 version looks awesome and i' m sure it' ll look great when it' s finished, but...360 owners get Ninja Gaiden 2 which will DESTROY Sigma anyway...
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 04:14
It' s good for Microsoft if Sigma ends up being as good as it possibly can, when NG2 comes out people that played sigma on ps3 will want an x360 for it.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 04:25
Had to change my avatar, seems like a lot of them got purged out of here. Well, this article is particularly funny because the guy is speaking out his ass.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 04:47
I don' t care!!

I' m getting Sigma AND Ninja Gaiden 2!!! Mwahahahahaha!!

Besides, when it comes from an official PS magazine... It' s obviously biased.. It' s
also quite ludicrous that he says the in-game looks better than the original X-box
CGI trailers.. That part is absurd.

But then, people that have sold their heart to Sony will just have to take their
word for it if they haven' t played the original Ninja Gaiden/Black, for them it' s
a clouded positive.
C*Dub

• Total Posts : 86
RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 04:52
when is NG2 coming out?
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 05:22
the interview in 1up said the same thing, the interviewer asked what' shisnameagain how he could achieve such graphics on ps3 that often exceeds xbox CG!

i was like WTF ! it looked so from the screenshots but definitly not from the trailer.

this guy here is repeating the same statement, and now i' m asking myself may be i didn' t watch the trailer in HD or may be i saw an early build ... i think the truth is in between.
Nitro

RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 05:43

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

the interview in 1up said the same thing, the interviewer asked what' shisnameagain how he could achieve such graphics on ps3 that often exceeds xbox CG!

i was like WTF ! it looked so from the screenshots but definitly not from the trailer.

this guy here is repeating the same statement, and now i' m asking myself may be i didn' t watch the trailer in HD or may be i saw an early build ... i think the truth is in between.

The " realtime" cutscenes in Sigma look like the CG cutscenes from the original. He' s not talking about the gameplay although i suspect that the gameplay will be close enough.
Tiz

RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 05:51

ORIGINAL: C*Dub

when is NG2 coming out?

I don' t know....

but let' s not speculate... it burns the soul..
Nitro

RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 06:02
TeamXbox gave DoAX2 a 6.somthing. 6.2 i think...
Tiz

RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 06:21
Well... what were the negative points aboutthe volleyball???

Or is it just a case of " does what it says on the packet" and it' s just an orgy
of t' s and a' s?
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 08:25
Kikizo has so gone down hill

Quez im pretty sure people from other forums are taking your threads from here and quoting them in their forums.

And how can one be a blantant fanboy, then talk abouts others being one.

Such a Hypocrite.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 08:36
says who says f3hunter?
Then be quiet.

This is just retarded when magazines has to be fanboys,i dont get paid for writing gaming news,if i was i would put aside my own favorite console and try to be much more objective and fair even though i disliked a certain console.

This is just sad.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 09:09

This is just retarded when magazines has to be fanboys,i dont get paid for writing gaming news,if i was i would put aside my own favorite console and try to be much more objective and fair even though i disliked a certain console.

Its PSM, of course their gonna be " fanboys" for their own console
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 14, 2006 17:11

Kikizo has so gone down hill

So very true. I can remember when this Quezcatol guy used post some decent topics.
< Message edited by Calintz -- 14 Nov 06 9:12:57 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 15, 2006 01:10

beyond Halo, and let' s face it, even that' s looking shaky now up against Resistance.

I wont even comment. Ok, I will. Halo 1<Halo 2<Resistance. FACT. But enough of that.

Was there a point to this thread quez? I mean, what were we supposed to discuss?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Fanboyish PSW Magazine On Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Read on for a laugh! - Nov 15, 2006 01:16

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

I wont even comment. Ok, I will. Halo 1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Halo 2
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Resistance.

Fixed, in terms of gameplay.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 14 Nov 06 17:17:34 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages