Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gamestation now owned by Game group
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 03, 2007 03:44
looks like there maybe somewhat of a lack of competition looming in the high street now that Game group have purchased Games station from blockbuster.

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/05/02/blockbuster_sells_gamestation/
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 03, 2007 03:49
Blockbuster still has their Gamerush extensions in the US, but the amount of companies being bought up by Game group is a little unnerving. I' ve never been shafted by them before, but less competition never means good things for the consumer.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 03, 2007 03:58
Bugger. This means even less mone for trade ins. Game or ASDA/TESCO???
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 03, 2007 04:07
EB bought GAME but kept the branding, and now they' ve bought Gamestation but are going to maintain separate branding!?

alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 03, 2007 05:53
Looks like most reasonably priced games will be best bought with your weekly groceries or online.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 03, 2007 07:43
Don' t you guys have giant superstores that sell everything in Europe?

Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc?

Who cares about a little game store, they fucking suck, EB games here gets like 3 Wiis per month, walmart gets like 50 and sells games cheaper. LOL @ EBGames.

As for used games... if you sell your used games to any store you' re getting ripped off and you know it, just sell that shit on ebay.
< Message edited by Evil man -- 2 May 07 23:44:10 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 03, 2007 08:49
Very true, but 60 dollars for a couple gigs of data is highway robbery. Buying used FTW.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 03, 2007 08:59
Tesco and Asda(Walmart) are best for chart games, anything more obscure you have to get online. Game and their ilk are only good during sales
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 03, 2007 10:56

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Very true, but 60 dollars for a couple gigs of data is highway robbery. Buying used FTW.

Not really, a good game is priceless.

Just buy the good games.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 03, 2007 22:32

Don' t you guys have giant superstores that sell everything in Europe?

In Europe, life-style shopping and culture is sometimes more important than the price. Many people shop at certain stores, regardless of the price, because the store might offer a more " exclusive" experience.
You often say " you get what you pay for" To many people the product isn' t the only enjoyable part of shopping so the actual shopping can be as important as the purchase itself. Paying a slightly higher price can sometimes be worth it.
Not only does the experience matter, but also the name of the store as it shows what parts of society you belong to.
Shopping at small game stores and such can be a way of showing you' re a gamer. You want to meet, talk, get advice and mingle with the same kind of people as yourself.
But shopping games in larger stores would be the place for parents to buy videogames. The clerks don' t know shit, there is no way to get a modded product, and there' s no community whatsoever.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 04, 2007 00:24

You want to meet, talk, get advice and mingle with the same kind of people as yourself.

Wow, you enjoy talking to the bordline retarded people you find in a game store?

But shopping games in larger stores would be the place for parents to buy videogames. The clerks don' t know shit

And the ones at places like GameStop and EB do? Case in point: when Masterchef went to get Crackdown, the clerk told him he should just wait for the PS3 version, and that Gears was going to PS3 soon because soon PS3 would be dominating sales.
Nitro

RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 04, 2007 00:29

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

You want to meet, talk, get advice and mingle with the same kind of people as yourself.

Wow, you enjoy talking to the bordline retarded people you find in a game store?

But shopping games in larger stores would be the place for parents to buy videogames. The clerks don' t know shit

And the ones at places like GameStop and EB do? Case in point: when Masterchef went to get Crackdown, the clerk told him he should just wait for the PS3 version, and that Gears was going to PS3 soon because soon PS3 would be dominating sales.

We live in Europe and that' s his point.
immortaldanmx

RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 04, 2007 00:50

I see his point with other stores, but with Game stores youre not getting anything exponentially better. I assume its all down to how Europeans prefer a more personal experience, which is why WalMart struggles to gain market share in Europe.
Nitro

RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 04, 2007 00:56

I see his point with other stores, but with Game stores youre not getting anything exponentially better. I assume its all down to how Europeans prefer a more personal experience, which is why WalMart struggles to gain market share in Europe.

I worked in Gamestation while i was at Uni, and trust me, i could make your game shopping experience magical...
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 04, 2007 02:11
I wish every game store in the world had its own Majik
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 04, 2007 06:30

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Not really, a good game is priceless.

Just buy the good games.

Yeah, but I' d rather pay $120 for 3 priceless games used than $120 for 2 new games. It' s just personal preference I guess.

I worked in Gamestation while i was at Uni, and trust me, i could make your game shopping experience magical...

What were the incentives where you worked, IE discounts, pre-pre-orders, cool junk, that kind of stuff. Because turns out, putting an EB Games and 2 Gamestops on the same city block was a dumb idea, so the majority of the guys from the one shops are leaving the company, giving me a pretty decent shot of getting the job if I were interested.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 04, 2007 20:30

Yeah well nothing beats working in a factory that makes frozen pizzas!
immortaldanmx

RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 05, 2007 02:32

That sounds like something a hooker waiting outside for virgin WoW nerds would say.

That was not intended to be offensive to anyone who plays WoW, so before it starts no one flame and piss themselves. Laugh and have a good time.

Sure would beat the hell out of the current " Special Eddie" they all have.

Yeah well nothing beats working in a factory that makes frozen pizzas!

I see the benifit
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 05, 2007 04:26

Nitro

RE: Gamestation now owned by Game group - May 05, 2007 05:40

That sounds like something a hooker waiting outside for virgin WoW nerds would say.

That was not intended to be offensive to anyone who plays WoW, so before it starts no one flame and piss themselves. Laugh and have a good time.

You on your period?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread