Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GT4 Delayed!
Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 20 of 111
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
GT4 Delayed! - Nov 18, 2004 18:58
From IGN:

November 18, 2004 - There was worry in the Gran Turismo crowd last night. After we posted This Story stating that the Japanese version of Gran Turismo 4 would be delayed in Japan until December 28 of this year, the letters started pouring in regarding its U.S. release date. Sure everyone knew that it was likely that GT4 would now slip into next year here in the States, but there was no confirmation of it.

There is now.

In a statement released by Sony Computer Entertainment America this morning, the U.S delay of Gran Turismo 4 was officially authenticated.

" The release of Gran Turismo 4, originally set for December 14th, 2004, will change to the first quarter of calendar year 2005," said Ron Eagle, Public Relations Manager, SCEA. " With Gran Turismo 4, the company is
committed to providing consumers with the most complete racing game built
to date. Natural challenges with finalizing all the key features and
localization issues across worldwide territories have led to the difficult
choice of pushing back the release date in order to ensure that Gran
Turismo 4 lives up to the exacting standards of the 36 million-plus fans
worldwide that have purchased previous versions of our best-selling
franchise."

Eagle continued, " The Gran Turismo series has helped to define car culture and its fans have come to expect superior attention to detail combined with revolutionary technology that delivers unmatched graphics, realistic car physics, and an authentic racing experience that exceeds any previous racing title. Sony Computer Entertainment America is steadfast in our commitment to producing a superior product and is confident that the launch of Gran Turismo 4 will set a new benchmark for all other racing games to follow. With the history of the franchise and high consumer anticipation, Gran Turismo 4 still serves as an important part in Sony Computer Entertainment America' s upcoming first party lineup."

This is where you go, SWEET BE-JEBUS!!!!
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 18, 2004 21:10
This actually comes as a relief. With the backlog of games I' ve got, I' m kinda thankful I don' t have to worry about GT 4 until next year.

Because when it does come out, I WILL get it that very day.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 18, 2004 23:05
Maybe they saw what was happening with Halo 2 and its glitches. They saw that people hound the developers en masse about the glitches, so the developers decided to fix their mountain of bugs before release! A concept every developer should follow.
Vincent Cook

• Total Posts : 152
RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 19, 2004 05:33
ARGH! I played that last year at the 2003 PS experience in London! From what I played it was rubbish! And they have the cheek to bring out that £20 GT4 game! They' re just gonna keep delaying it....
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 19, 2004 23:09
Bah! How long has GT4 been delayed for now? 2 years? More? Too ambitious? Maybe.

Anyway I thought Prologue was really good. Admittedly a glorified demo it was enjoyable and the Italian hillside village was an awesome track.
fathoms

RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 20, 2004 02:06
Gossi: Uh...no. GT 4' s first actual release date was August of this year. This will be its second delay.

If you want to complain about delays, look no further than the official DelayBox:

Ninja Gaiden: 2 years
Fable: 2 1/2 years
Brute Force: 1 1/2 years
Morrowind: 8 months
SW: KotoR: 2 years

It' s almost worst than the PC and the likes of DOOM 3 and Half-Life 2.
lotusson

RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 20, 2004 02:21

If you want to complain about delays, look no further than the official DelayBox:

Should I be surprised that in the process of defending GT4 you bashed the X-Box?

Naw.....

But you really should reach a maturity level beyond system bashing.

And no, saying " X" game on X-Box is your favorite of all time won' t cut it because a system bash is a system bash no matter how you try and justify it.
fathoms

RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 20, 2004 04:45
lotusson: Call it whatever you want. The Xbox is the worst system when it comes to delaying hyped games. It' s not an opinion, it' s an indisputable fact, as evidenced by those titles. The PS2 is the worst system for overall graphical quality and the GC is the worst system for online play (obviously). Have a problem with either of those?

But I guess you' re right. Nobody is allowed to say something negative about anything. Unless it' s you, of course. Then it' s just unbiased objectivity, right?
Trigger

• Total Posts : 7
RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 20, 2004 08:49
Who the shit cares you retard? this thread was about GT4 being delayed, not which console sucks at what. For once swallow your fucking retarded fanboyism and just look at what is being said, not what you want to hear, you fuck.
Trigger

RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 20, 2004 08:50
Oh and by the way - Delaybox, pure comic genious(sp?) no wonder you are a professional writer, with all that wit.
lotusson

RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 20, 2004 12:44

lotusson: Call it whatever you want. The Xbox is the worst system when it comes to delaying hyped games. It' s not an opinion, it' s an indisputable fact, as evidenced by those titles. The PS2 is the worst system for overall graphical quality and the GC is the worst system for online play (obviously). Have a problem with either of those?

But I guess you' re right. Nobody is allowed to say something negative about anything. Unless it' s you, of course. Then it' s just unbiased objectivity, right?

And by bashing the X-Box that somehow makes GT4 less delayed? No one was bashing the PS2, yet you felt the need to bash the X-Box.

Tsk tsk tsk.... that' s just poor form fathoms.

P.S. A couple of your examples are blatant lies.

Ninja Gaiden - Original release date, December 2003

It was delayed.

Actual release date - March 2004

3 months.

Hardly two years you suggested.

To further back up my evidence,

The shipment announcement closes the book on Gaiden' s long and winding road to retail. Originally announced in May 2002, it was yanked from a holiday 2003 release at the last minute, earning it a Most Disappointing Delay of the Year nomination by GameSpot. In February, the Team Ninja-developed game was delayed a further two weeks so that it would arrive " without any compromise on the quality," according to Tecmo' s John Inada.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/ninjagaiden/news_6090499.aspx

Next time, do us a favor.

Simply don' t bash systems.
< Message edited by lotusson -- 11/20/2004 12:46:01 PM >
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 20, 2004 19:45
Nice one lotusson.Someone had to put him in his place.
He always said his multiplatform but it looks like he hates the XBOX.
< Message edited by russian mobster -- 11/20/2004 7:45:56 PM >
fathoms

RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 20, 2004 20:14
lotusson: Wrong again. See, published release dates don' t mean anything. When a publisher provides a potential release date to a retailer, that' s what I go by. I worked at EB during those times, and we were able to take pre-orders on Ninja Gaiden for a date as early as January of 2002. A new NG was announced at the end of 2001; the " official" announcement was not unitl May of 2002. Of course, people actually IN the industry knew of its existence long before that, as is the case with most games. DOOM 3, for example, was in EB' s system with an actual release date way back in 2000, but its " official" announcement did not come for some time. A delay is a delay, and it counts as soon as they provide retailers with a date...of ANY kind, even if it is for promotional purposes.

The real simple bottom line is that nobody is allowed to say anything negative about the Xbox around here. It' s been that way for quite some time. Care to deny that as well? Or are you just a saint that we should all bow to for being so objective at all times?

Final point- NOBODY flips out if I complain about the PS2 and past delayed titles. NOBODY. Try to deny that, too.
< Message edited by fathoms -- 11/20/2004 8:15:40 PM >
Trigger

RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 20, 2004 21:58
Umm, correct me if im wrong, but nobody cares. This thread is about GT4 getting delayed, you tard,not about ninja gaiden, or any excuse you think you can get to insult the Xbox.
lotusson

RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 21, 2004 04:11

lotusson: Wrong again. See, published release dates don' t mean anything. When a publisher provides a potential release date to a retailer, that' s what I go by. I worked at EB during those times, and we were able to take pre-orders on Ninja Gaiden for a date as early as January of 2002.

I worked for a video game store too.

You can take pre-orders as soon as the game is announced and your computer updated. The release date is irrelevant.

Or in other words,

Just because you could take pre-orders in 2002 doesn’t mean the game has a release date of 2002.

Only a fool would believe that.

A new NG was announced at the end of 2001; the " official" announcement was not unitl May of 2002.

My point still stands. There was no 2 year delay.

Of course, people actually IN the industry knew of its existence long before that, as is the case with most games. DOOM 3, for example, was in EB' s system with an actual release date way back in 2000, but its " official" announcement did not come for some time. A delay is a delay, and it counts as soon as they provide retailers with a date...of ANY kind, even if it is for promotional purposes.

A delay happens when a date is set and the game fails to meet that date.

NG had a date for Dec 2003, it came out 3 months later. A two year delay isn’t even possible.

The real simple bottom line is that nobody is allowed to say anything negative about the Xbox around here. It' s been that way for quite some time. Care to deny that as well? Or are you just a saint that we should all bow to for being so objective at all times?

Lets not try and justify your idiocy.

\Final point- NOBODY flips out if I complain about the PS2 and past delayed titles. NOBODY. Try to deny that, too.

A) You never have a “final point”. You just keep rambling until the other side gets bored and moves on.

B) So wait. . . you mean you can publicly display your disappointment and no one rushes in to bash you or a console?!?

That’s a cool concept.

When will you learn to do the same?

C) Going back to A, yes, I will be moving on too. I’ve already provided the necessary information to prove I’m right. There’s no reason for me to continue here.
< Message edited by lotusson -- 11/21/2004 4:13:48 AM >
Trigger

RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 21, 2004 07:29
anyone else hear that?

Its the sound of fathoms getting his ass pwned.
Gossi_the_dog

RE: GT4 Delayed! - Nov 21, 2004 13:58
I' m going by the Japanese release, and GT4 was down for a winter release last year for most of that year. And that date wasn' t the original release date.
Cyco2oo4

• Total Posts : 8
RE: GT4 Delayed! - Dec 14, 2004 23:56
Get the fuck off Fathoms DICK. He' s entitles to his own opinion, so just fucking leave him be. God, talk about a group of life-less fucking nerds. You actually have the wit to sit here and argue with the man about video games? I' ll go look under a fucking rock and find more intresting shit than this.

And Trigger, shut the fuck up you New Zealand turd. That' s why your dirty, disgusting country raised over 20.9% of it' s cloroflurocarbons in the past 10 years. That' s a fucking insult to our planet! And, for the record, what they are arguing about is ON TOPIC, you stupid fuck! The thread is about GT4 being DELAYED. Keyword, DELAYED! They' re arguing about games that have DELAYED. Once again.... Keyword, DELAYED! SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Fathoms, I always got ya back.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: GT4 Delayed! - Dec 15, 2004 01:05
*claps hands*

Congrats on bringing up an old argument. Talk about stupid...
Gossi_the_dog

RE: GT4 Delayed! - Dec 15, 2004 15:32
What has New Zealand' s CFC emissions got to do with this?
Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 20 of 111

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message