Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Forza 2
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 43
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Forza 2 - Jun 01, 2007 04:15
I picked it up and took it for a few spins last night. I think it looks great, and prefer the consistent 60 fps to whatever antialiasing options could have compromised that. Having said that, no it' s not the prettiest racer out there by a long shot, but it does have some gorgeous tracks with nice atmosphere and vast draw distance. Being a Florida native, I feel a particular affinity with the Sebring courses. Being a Nutella afficianado, Nuerburgring is great, too.

I chose Asia as my career region, since I figured it would give me the earliest possible access to the ' 69 Fairlady Z. In the meantime I' ve begun upgrading and tuning my ' 85 Trueno Sprinter (a.k.a. Corolla hatchback).

The wheel feels fantastic and it helps so much in knowing how close your ride is to the edge of no control. You can really feel it rocking from side to side on its suspension as you come out of a turn through the force feedback, and you' d better work with it with some nuance or you' re going to be heading into a wall or suddenly facing all those cars that you were previously leaving behind.

The major drawback in using the wheel is that there' s no easy way to transfer to using the pad in order to work on painting your cars. As far as I can tell at this point, you basically have to reboot with the pad on instead of the wheel. An amazing oversight. Why not just let the pad work as controller #2? Seems like something that can be patched, but how was it ever overlooked in the first place?

Anyway, I' m excited about the longevity of this title, especially once my friends are online with it and we' re customizing and gifting cars to each other.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Forza 2 - Jun 01, 2007 04:32
Arg, why do we have to wait til the 8th!? [:' (]

I' ve decided on getting a wheel after all. But that wheel/pad issue' s going to get annoying. Can you not turn the wheel off and turn your pad on, so it redetects the pad as player 1?
Zoy

RE: Forza 2 - Jun 01, 2007 10:11
When I tried it last night, the " turn off controller" option wasn' t turning the wheel off. Go figure. I was trying that within the livery editor... maybe I should try backing out to the title screen.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Forza 2 - Jun 01, 2007 16:51
Im certainly enjoying the game but cant afford the wheel right now. Regardless Ive spent plenty a time customizing several of my cars. A Shelby and a Camaro. Peak speeds and smooth handling. I took the time to setup different presets for a few different courses. That feature is so cool.
Zoy

RE: Forza 2 - Jun 01, 2007 17:42
It turns out I didn' t have to save up credits to get my ' 69 Fairlady Z, as it was a prize for reaching a certain experience rank. So I' m on my way to upgrading it to the top of class B. I' ve got the brakes tuned perfectly right now, but I' m still making adjustments to stabilize the suspension when navigating curves above 130 mph. The engine sounds great! And I do feel a strong attachment to this car; I don' t like crashing it. Still haven' t messed around with the livery editor much yet.
Mass X

RE: Forza 2 - Jun 01, 2007 18:20
For an interesting and amazing peek at what people somehow have managed to make with the decals goto the auction house and filter out everything so its only the most expensive cars...be amazed.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 1 Jun 07 10:21:33 >
Zoy

RE: Forza 2 - Jun 02, 2007 17:54
Here' s how my ' 69 Z is coming along...

Mass X

RE: Forza 2 - Jun 02, 2007 18:42

I should' ve taken some in race shots rather then the ones you can take while doing the paint jobs. Im still trying to learn the best ways to mix and mash shapes to form unique images. I have a pretty cool looking skull design tho Im just nto entirly happy with it.
Mass X

RE: Forza 2 - Jun 02, 2007 18:56
Also to answer the question about swithcing between wheel and pad here' s a quote from the forza forums:

Ok I do this all the time on my xbox without having to sign out everytime.

Link to the video Tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh4EdLhRO40

The wheel has to be completely removed from power in order to free up the number one quadrant. If you have batteries in the wheel they must be out. Then unplug the power adaptor in the steering wheel.

It will say " please reconnect controller"

Now turn on the regular gamepad, and it should be assigned to the number one quadrant.

If anyone has any problems doing this then please post your questions in here.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 2 Jun 07 10:57:13 >
choupolo

RE: Forza 2 - Jun 02, 2007 23:47
So you do just unplug the wheel and connect the pad...?

Cool looking cars btw! (but pink? really mass? :P)
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Forza 2 - Jun 03, 2007 02:11
check out how the Japanese are taking full advantage of the customisation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSwiAbidWOc
Zoy

RE: Forza 2 - Jun 03, 2007 03:44
Thanks Mass, I saw that post about switching between the wheel and the pad and it worked for me. That Camaro looks tough with those black rims btw.

check out how the Japanese are taking full advantage of the customisation.

There' s some amazing stuff being done. The Audi TT with the MegaDrive design was funny.
choupolo

RE: Forza 2 - Jun 03, 2007 05:51
This elise is pretty cool.

Mass X

RE: Forza 2 - Jun 03, 2007 16:08
Some of the stuff created is just insane. Which really makes me wanna work my ass off to try and do so myself for some reason. And the pink car is for my fiance. It also has a big flower design on the roof...
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Forza 2 - Jun 05, 2007 03:48
Meh. The demo really made me not want this game.
Mass X

RE: Forza 2 - Jun 05, 2007 05:59
BLOOOOD!
The head was in the game but needed to be colored in and the arm is up of 16 pieces.

choupolo

RE: Forza 2 - Jun 05, 2007 06:18
Hahaha, that' s the coolest skin I' ve seen yet.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Forza 2 - Jun 05, 2007 06:34
heh, Very Good Dude!
Mass X

RE: Forza 2 - Jun 05, 2007 11:37
2 works in progress. I put the head on the body for a sec just to see if it would all line up and connect properly. It turned out disturbing but it worked none the less.

This stuff is fun to mess with.

And btw if you want me to make your own head for a car just send me a pic and gift me a car and Ill get right too it. Shouldnt take more then a few hours. Then I' ll gift it back and there you go.
Mass X

RE: Forza 2 - Jun 05, 2007 17:11
minor update in the form of a head.
I dont like how it came out but im no where near finished so chances are she will be decapitated and replaced with a new head. for now im gonna try and focus on shadows and shine.

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 43

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message