Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Forza 2
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 43 of 43
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Forza 2 - Jul 03, 2007 05:21
Here' s another bizarre lag-related occurrence:

You don' t often see a car overtake you by flying over you, sideways, at 600 mph!

After looking around on the Forza site, I' ve found out that the structure of the Live connection for Forza 2 differs from that of most of the other Live games I play... with most others, e.g. Halo 2, the person who is the " party leader" is not necessarily the host. The host is going to be whoever has the fastest and most consistent connection, particularly in regards to upload speed. With Forza 2, the party leader is the host no matter how slow or inconsistent the connection.

Although these lag-flights have been mostly amusing, they can cause big problems because usually collision is still on when they happen, and racers can be knocked out of contention as they are plowed through by some freak occurrence. The other thing that' s problematic is that each player sees things differently on their own screen -- and not only that, but each player' s replay will be unique as well. On rare occasions, the lag is significant enough that a player' s position in the race will be screwed up -- they could finish second, but the results will show that they not only finished last, but were actually lapped.

I hope it' s something Turn 10 will address in a patch somehow, if it' s fixable. Overall this game is a blast, and the first game that I' ve played that really feels so-called " next gen" to me. In the meantime, my friends will be trying races this week with a different host and see how consistent a connection we can get.
Zoy

RE: Forza 2 - Jul 05, 2007 10:55
Happy Independence Day!

Zoy

RE: Forza 2 - Jul 10, 2007 16:04
The 1954 Mercedes 300SL earned the nickname " Widowmaker," as it was the death of many millionaire playboys who underestimated its power when going around curves! In honor of that grim legacy, I' ve organized a Widowmaker invitational in Forza 2. Here' s the car I' m working on.

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 43 of 43

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message