Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 03, 2004 14:20
Personally, I am member to Kikizo, XBOX365, Computerandvideogames, and Gamespot (maybe not, I' ll explain).

When a good piece of information comes out, we all try to get that news to the Kikizo forums. We also try to provide the source information, not just as a courtesy, but because we want to give proper credit to those who worked so hard to place the original posting.

Recently, as all of you know, several Kikizo members received notification that they won a videogame of their choice. With my name being listed among those winners, I felt compelled to do a little something for the ' Kikizo Cause' ...to help bring new members to Kikizo.

I placed a posting on several other websites (listed above) promoting a visit to Kikizo as a ' family' website.

In response, Gamespot.com banned me from their forums for 7 days, took points from me (whatever that means), and shut down my post. They sent an email to me stating that I had violated their forums policies.

An email was sent (by me) to their moderators concerning the issue of suspension (and such). I am awaiting response...

I personally do not care whether Gamespot banned me, because I truly love it here at Kikizo. I would do whatever it takes (within reason and legally, of course) to support the Kikizo website.

I informed Adam of the incident, and told him that I was basically proud of my actions for the betterment of Kikizo.

...and I would do it all again! (unless asked not to by Adam)

Just so you have an idea, here' s what I posted (the title varied depending on max. character allowances):

Kikizo - Come Home To Family...

For those of you that are unaware of the Kikizo.com website, I will school ya' ...

Kikizo is a website that offers people (gamers or not) the chance to become a part of a family. Read the latest gaming news, reviews, and interviews or take part in the forums to discuss topics such as gaming, movies, or everything else under the sun.

As an added bonus, if you are chosen as the individual with the best all-around contribution (based upon pre-designated criteria) to the Kikizo website, you will win a free game of your choice from any of the game systems or PC (within the designated dollar amount). Not bad, eh?

I can honestly say that the Kikizo website has that inimate, familiar feeling that makes its members want to be a part of this wonderful experience...to become part of a family, not just another visitor.

Even if you are undecided about www.kikizo.com, come take a look...the only regret you will have is not visiting Kikizo sooner.

**(end of post)**

Do you think that I did something wrong? Was there another way for me to promote Kikizo? Tell me your thoughts...
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 12/3/2004 2:59:05 PM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 03, 2004 15:55
Me? I' m a member of:

Kikizo - An interesting site run by some British dude. You should check it out. Great game reviews as well!

Magic Box - I never visit the main pages of this game site, only the forums.

Film-Tech - A movie/projection technical site. I am also a moderator of the forums.

OverClocked ReMix - I used to be a moderator, but I just stopped posting and rarely visit anymore because the quality of the forums and the people who post there have really gone downhill over the years.

HDTV Arcade - A site to discuss HDTV and games that run in HDTV.

AVS Forums - Basically a site for everything home theater. It only has 128,920 registered members, though. And only 1030 of them browsing the site at any given time.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 03, 2004 17:16
I tried my hand in a few other forums but never really found it much benefit except to maybe just brwose thru.

Aside form kikizo I do occasioanlly post on Deviant Art probably one of the biggest art communities online. Animation - app. skins - sketch art.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 12/3/2004 5:17:37 PM >
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 03, 2004 17:58
-
<message edited by vanswa garbutt on May 30, 2012 06:26>
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 03, 2004 18:49
I used to post at Gamespot, but I got tired of all the jizzballs that roam there. I' m a member at the following sites:

http://vip.re-kwest.com
My clan' s little place on the internet. We mainly just talk about Xbox stuff there, but of course we are an Xbox Live clan. We have a lot of good posters there, so if you want some quality discussions then drop by. I' m also a mod there.

www.rpgelite.com
Formed by some friends of the old Gamerweb crew. The site was doing pretty well until everyone got back into school. It hasn' t been updated in awhile, and the forums are slow. I still post there every now and again because of the quality of their members.

www.motorsportslounge.com
And to be more specific, the Gamerslounge section. It used to be a separate website but they merged them. It' s a pretty good place IMO. A lot of the people on my friend' s list come from there.

www.titansonline.com
Nothing better than discussing some football with fellow fans on the forums. Not to mention getting to see the Jaguar fans get upset with the Titans time and time again. I' ve never met any fans that actually HATE the Titans...except for Jag fans.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 03, 2004 22:41
Hi guys,

In response to DaRoosh and the GameSpot forum issue...

Thanks for aiming to get more people involved in the forums first of all... It' s a shame this ban has happened, but I can understand why - it reads very much like an advertisement of some kind and it doesn' t look like it' s from the point of vew of a forum user, it looks like one of the site owners has just shamelessly plugged it there or something!

I don' t think they are insecure, but they are just enforcing their rules which probably state that you can' t advertise sites, especially not in a blatant manner. However I am sure if you toned down the " hard sell" a bit and just sort of mention that there are free games up for grabs here, it' s a friendly forum etc, most other forums will be ok with a cheeky mention I' d have thought.

It' s great that you guys wanna support this site so much though, so I guess I' ll say good luck ;-)

Anyways I hope that ban doesn' t last too long...
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 04, 2004 20:36
The only other forum I' m a part of is that of my church. Hehe, one that opens my mind physically and one that keeps me alive spiritually.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 05, 2004 02:09
Hmm.. I am also involved in http://www.vgmp3.com/index.php forums. VGMP3 is an excellent way to obtain music from your favorite games. Just by requesting any type of video game music and someone nice enough will share with you. I have gotten tons of music from the members there. I like that site a lot. I like it here more. I don' t want to be involved in like 10 different forums all at once, It would get very confusing.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 05, 2004 02:29
I pretty well only post here and at Gameratio
I frequent other sites like
RPGfan and GamesAreFun among others but don' t really post
I just go for the news and such
< Message edited by RavenShadow -- 12/5/2004 2:29:53 AM >
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 05, 2004 14:22
I go to a few other forums but don’t really post there in any major way. The is the The Raven Effect website which has to be the best fan site for a wrestler ever. It became official last year after many years of existence. Now Raven posts a journal there once every month and sells things to fans in an auction.

I check out the Green Hill Zone too, which is possibly the best Sonic fan site out there. Sonic HQ is a little out there and the less said about Sonic Cult the better! GHZ members always have interesting things to say so I just go to read rather than post.

The only other place I go is Game FAQ’s. It’s a very mixed bag. On one hand the FAQ’s are ace and can help even the worst of gamers finish any game. It’s the message boards which are very unhelpful. Most of the people are generally ok but it’s just full of total, utter fools too.

Here’s something… Gamespot recently joined with game FAQ’s and now Gamespot users can access the Game FAQ message boards. Because of the sheer amount of stupidity which happens around there the moderators are super strict needing to stamp out the worst ASAP. Unfortunately because of being so strict innocents like Daroosh are wrongly prosecuted for harmless posts. I was given a warning once just for posting a link to a game play movie.
captain Qball

• Total Posts : 30
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 08, 2004 00:00
I' m a member of Kikizo (obviously), GameFAQs, and kinda OCR

I really like it here, it' s got a nice environment and none of the idiocy of OCR.

OCR, well I used to go there, but as was said, the forums have really gone downhill, so I really only check in on a couple of topics every now and again.

And I like GameFAQs simply becuase the massive number of boards so if you want to discuss a certain game, you can go there and they have an entire board full simply for that game.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 08, 2004 12:51
A correction:

Yes, I am a member of those other websites.

But, I only visit and post to Kikizo on a daily basis.

I read the articles and forum postings, from both Kikizo and those other websites, to get ideas for posting at Kikizo.

Plus, I do not really have the time to put into posting on any those other websites, the way I do at Kikizo (some of you know about my posting blitz in September and October).

I posted elsewhere to invite others to both see and come experience the warmth and close-knit feeling that I found here at kikizo.

My presentation was a bit too much...blame it on over-enthusiasm.

To me, Kikizo is home...
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 12/8/2004 12:53:27 PM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 08, 2004 23:36
Speaking of which, DaRoooosh, your rent' s overdue.
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 11, 2004 12:01
Here are the forums that I frequent:

ntsc-uk Website aimed at us poor people who live in PAL land who like to import our games from the US and Japan. Many informed posters. Good spirits. A really good forum.

rllmuk Offshoot of the now defunct Edge forum. Very similar to NTSC-UK but a lot more members, and a few arrogant gits. Quite a few British developers post here, which is nice.

talkgames Now pretty much dead. Used to be a good enjoyable close knit community. Never really had many members.

rpgelite Used to be fairly good. Has gone downhill and is now pretty much dead thanks to a ridiculous number of pointless arguments between immature spoilt kids.

kikizo Where I am now :)
< Message edited by gossi_the_dog -- 12/11/2004 12:03:39 PM >
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 13, 2004 12:44
lol this is an interesting thread

lets see...where do i begin...

1) killzonegame.com because the people there were interesting, though i didnt care much about the game lol

2) gwonline.net is the biggest unofficial guild wars site and i write articles there. seek me out ( the name' s Turgon)

3) gametrailers.com but i dont post there because the people there are pricks

4) gamefaqs.com but i dont post there. no reason

5) im working on my own website. its my first attempt at a full flash site. hope to have a forum there 2.

6) steampowered.com- Valve' s steam forums. didnt really have a choice because of the problems HL2 gave me.

there are more forums that i dont visit anymore, and frankly i dont remember. Kikizo rules!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 13, 2004 13:24
I' m a member at 3 other forums. I' m a member at gamefaqs.com, but don' t post that often due to the wonderfully open minded people there. I' m a member at terrybrooks.net, a fantasy author who has penned some of my favorite books of all time, the Shannara books. And I' m a member at theinsiders.com, the calgary flames page in specific, it' s a sports forum for my favorite Hockey team since I was knee high to......well, knee high to my dad' s knee.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 21, 2004 22:58
I am a member of kikizo,ps2oiffical,game maker,the movies,next gen,gametalk but some of those i raely visit anymore [next gen + gametalk]

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll