Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Killzone screens (page 8)
Change Page: 12345678910.. > | Showing page 1 of 11, messages 1 to 20 of 214
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
New Killzone screens (page 8) - Jul 10, 2007 20:31
It' s very small...

I see low resolution, washed out textures!

Looks good though. Hopefully it' ll be epic.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 24 Aug 07 10:13:35 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 10, 2007 20:35
We should wait untill we got some real coverage and vids/pics.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 10, 2007 20:36
The textures & environmental polys suck in that photo, but the Hellghast is aces & it still retained the epic style they had from the trailer. It doesn' t look up to snuff with the old CG one of course, but considering their last effort, they done good.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 10, 2007 21:32

There we are.
Nitro

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 10, 2007 23:07
...and now in 720p...

Time to tear it to shreds!

The environmental textures are very bad. They' re flat and low resolution, much like those in Resistance.

That said, it' s a generic hallway and some of the hallways in Gears looked pretty lame compared to the amazingly detailed exteriors.

I' m not impressed though and i' ll be even less impressed it it runs at just 30fps.

The character model looks to be relatively high-poly. It does however appear to be textured poorly. The lighting doesn' t help and so we' ll need to wait for further media to assess it properly, but it doesn' t appear to be " as detailed" as the friendly NPC' s in CoD3 and it has nothing on Gears.

What i do like is the weapon model. I not only like the style (i did in the original too) but i think the model looks impressive in itself. It' s not super detailed, but it' s close enough to the trailer for me. I really can' t wait to see the rest of the weapon loadout...

The lighting/shadowing is the other impressive thing. Hopefully the game will play the PS3' s strengths and things like smoke, dust, rain, sparks, explosions etc will look just as good.

From this screen i can say i' m actually impressed. The texture resolution and detail is a little disappointing, but everything else looks great. I' m guessing we' re going to get a Gears-esque on-stage demonstration and that it' s going to be pretty fucking epic.

I can' t believe i' m going to miss the E3 fallout....
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 10, 2007 23:30
you still have internet so its not all bad.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 10 Jul 07 15:30:32 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 10, 2007 23:45
Nitro what are u smoking , this screenshot is not IMPRESSIVE AT ALL, you talking about the shadow and lightning being good, man that shadow look horrible !!

people are very disapointed on forums, and most of them point to the low res textures and the bad shadow.

Hopefuly this screenshot doesn' t do the game justice as it is dark and doesn' t show much , we' ll see soon. seriously couldn' t they choose a better screenshot to show off? or is this kind of a joke ?
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 11, 2007 00:43
It almost looks as though this is just a screenshot of some concept art or something.
I am sure that the game will look much better than this however............. it better at least.
Abasoufiane

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 11, 2007 00:45
you' re kidding canadagamer, since when concept art has weird shadows and low res textures ? it' s actualy confirmed ingame, all we should wait for now is the video that will show everything.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 11, 2007 00:54
I think we need to see this game in Action, We know PS3 is not the Best when it comes to Screenshots. IF they have tapped into the raw power of the console (Cell) It should be obvious by watching the game in motion.

Nitro

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 11, 2007 00:55

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

Nitro what are u smoking , this screenshot is not IMPRESSIVE AT ALL, you talking about the shadow and lightning being good, man that shadow look horrible !!

people are very disapointed on forums, and most of them point to the low res textures and the bad shadow.

Hopefuly this screenshot doesn' t do the game justice as it is dark and doesn' t show much , we' ll see soon. seriously couldn' t they choose a better screenshot to show off? or is this kind of a joke ?

The vast majority of non-Kikizo forum users don' t have a fucking clue.

The shadow your talking about is caused by a flashlight and is being projected onto a close surface. The screen shows blocky dithering, but that' s 100% normal for most games.

The question you have to ask yourself is how many instances you' ll be in this particular situation and how it would be affected by movement.

Looking at the realtime self shadowing on the character model and ignoring the non-important shadow on the wall behind him, i think you' ll find that it' s actually pretty damn good...

But hey, if you think this looks bad i dread to think what you think of Halo 3...

It might also be worth bearing in mind that the game will feature full environmental damage modeling, and is said to resemble a next-gen version of Black.

I would probably argue that this looks like it could be as graphically nice as what we saw in the CoD4 trailer. But what do i know eh...
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 11, 2007 01:04
Aba, I am sorry if I didn' t make my words very clear. I was trying to say that this can' t be what we should expect of the game itself. I was only using concept art as an example of how disappointed I am with this screenshot. Sorry about that Aba.

Nitro, I can see what you are saying about the character model; but at the same time I have to say that I expected the background to look much better. I guess we' ll find out more at Sony' s Killzone 2 presentation.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 11, 2007 01:08
And to confirm that this image is pre-pre-alpha... confirmed by the killzone devs, so i think we can lighten up a bit. I' ll reserve judgement unit we see more however.
Abasoufiane

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 11, 2007 01:13
the shadow of the character that was on the wall is blocky and i' ve seen better on 360 think gears of war, i' m not the only one who said this , i should remind you that you mentioned the shadows like it was something amazing... so between amazing and horrible, one of us is stoned.

Halo 3 didn' t impress me either, the multiplayer look crap, and the single player screenshot looks good but nothing amazing. we need to see these games on motion to make a better judgement, it' s just that so far Both halo 3 or Killzone 2 does not impress technicaly, or may be because we expect too much from them (specialy in killzone 2 case).

COD 4 looks freaking amazing, and to me this is the only game that is almost on par (and in some instances) exceed Crysis.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 11, 2007 01:35
If it' s not a gameplay video, I don' t care.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 11, 2007 03:16
I really think its sad that all you people can dicuss about killzone 2 is about its graphic,did everyone here forget the gameplay in the first title was just decent?
Thus getting a 75% rating?

What have you seen so far to make you think its gonna be anything above that?

A cgi trailer? Killzone had those too.

The graphic?

It looks OKAY.
ANyone who seriously got impressed by this after playing games like-

gears of war,rainbowsix,Graw or Oblivion must be smoking.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 11, 2007 03:33
Killzone 2 is at least going to look 100% better than where Halo 3 is at the
moment.

I' ll put a bet on that.

Of course it is fickle and pointless to discuss a mere screenshot, but as soon as the
video is released for Killzone 2 single player and Halo 3 single player, I am sure
we will start seeing strength and weaknesses: Killzone 2 having more graphical
strengths than Halo 3, and Halo 3 probably having more fun gameplay elements
but the same elements we have seen for years thuis conforming to the " if it ain' t
broke, don' t fix it" consensus.

Who wants to bet Killzone 2 pulls off being the best looking title of E3 2007?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 11, 2007 03:37

...and now in 720p...

Bitch.

people are very disapointed on forums,

These are the same morons who thought the original trailer was gameplay.

I would probably argue that this looks like it could be as graphically nice as what we saw in the CoD4 trailer. But what do i know eh...

You could. From what we' ve seen of both, the character models are of similar quality, and the lighting compares directly to what we' ve seen in-game (I' m talking HUD & crosshairs here) from Call of Duty 4.

It might also be worth bearing in mind that the game will feature full environmental damage modeling, and is said to resemble a next-gen version of Black.
Black' s damage modelling was the best of the generation, but this game, like Black has been hyped far before it' s release, so I have a hard time beliving that it' ll deliver in full. This along with Call of Duty' s damage modelling will eliminate the clothesline cover defense (run behind a full clothesline & the bullets bounce right off), but I can' t get really excited about that. Not with Black 2 in the works at least.

the shadow of the character that was on the wall is blocky and i' ve seen better on 360 think gears of war, i' m not the only one who said this , i should remind you that you mentioned the shadows like it was something amazing... so between amazing and horrible, one of us is stoned.

Go take a better look at Gears dude, gears had shadow issues occasionally as well. Not to mention GRAW2. GRAW2 which is in my opinion the best looking game to be released on consoles still has blocky shadow issues occasionally. Those aren' t going to be rectified this generation so far as I know, so I just live with them.

COD 4 looks freaking amazing, and to me this is the only game that is almost on par (and in some instances) exceed Crysis.
Are you running your videos in HD? Call of Duty 4 looks fantastic but Crysis has it whupped. Texture resolution and destructable environments aside, Crysis still has more going on onscreen than Call of Duty does at the moment. Sure, CoD has some pretty explosions & some top notch particle effects, but when you look at every piece of foliage onscreen in Crysis... and they' re all swaying...

mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 11, 2007 03:57
Nitro

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 11, 2007 03:57
I think the problem is that many people really want this game to fail, for one reason or another.

Not necessarily any posters here, but certainly on other forums there' s a lot of " it looks shit" and " Halo got this whooped" going on.

I see the dithering in the big shadow, but i don' t really see the problem. I' m certainly not going to pick on smething so trivial, especially when the rest of the shadowing (on the character model and weapon) looks great.

I honestly don' t think the game will be too far visually removed from Call of Duty 4 and i expect a smilar sense of scale and epicness. I doubt it' ll be as solid a game though, but i do expect it to be better than the original.

It' s likely to be the centrepiece of Sony' s keynote so within 24 hours we' ll have a better idea of what we' re looking at.
Change Page: 12345678910.. > | Showing page 1 of 11, messages 1 to 20 of 214

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message