Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Killzone screens (page 8)
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 11, messages 81 to 100 of 214
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 13, 2007 10:19
This question has nothing to do with the technical aspect of the game - because it looks amazing, more of a question on design.

Why The F**k are there drop ships open topped? Those military designers should be shot. If that thing tips suddenly then the whole squad can fall out. The soldiers were not restrained either. Not to mention any type of flak would devastate the unprotected soldiers. Petty i know but for a game trying to look as realistic as possible its hard to believe they would have such a poorly designed military vehical - BTW i' m just nitpicking.

< Message edited by Terrak -- 13 Jul 07 2:20:40 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 13, 2007 11:42
I thought the same thing,perhaps the ship is full of soldiers or stuff already,and instead of putting stuff on the roof they put soldiers there since they can sit there without falling off for some reason...
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 13, 2007 12:12

(but was instantly labelled a PS3 fanboy for it).

I thought you were labeled as a Nintendo fanboy?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 13, 2007 17:17

IVe just watched the 720p trailer which i DL on PS network VIA bright HDMI PS3. It looks clearly alot better than any console game so far. You would be lying to yourself if you thought otherwise.

On a flip, i also D/l' d and watched the MG4 trailer, while it looked good, it was not mindblowing, even suffered from alot of framerate issues.

I just downloaded a new gameplay trailer from IGN, and im not going argue on whether or not it looks great because it does, but comparing a title thats yet to release (in atleast 12 months) to one thats already been released 6 months ago, and trumping it around saying it shows one is more powerful than the other is clearly stupid.

When in 2 years MS shows something that looks better than killzone, i could say the same.

Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 13, 2007 17:44
Jesus christ, why cant you just admit and stop making Excuses.

Also your excuses are extremely flawed , The Killzone trailer IS OUT NOW, not in a years time, Killzones 2' s graphics, we are seeing now running on PS3 hardware, in less than 9 months of the PS3 going to retail. The 360 has been retail Since November 2005, so if anything, It' s the 360 games that should be owning PS3 but that cleary isnt the case, because PS3 is starting to show is has more potential already.

Also, Killlzone will look even better when it' s released and so would a lot of other PS3 titles that start to use the same engine.

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 13, 2007 17:47
Who cares when games are released? Gears looks a lot better than Mario 64. Yes, Mario is older so it' s " unfair" but Gears still kicks Mario' s 64-bit ass!
Just like Killzone 2 kicks Gears' ass... or something.

Regardless, the graphics in Killzone are above many peoples expectations and it was really close to the CG trailers. I' d actually say that they pretty much delivered on the trailer because even though it' s not like the trailer technically speaking, it sure gives you the same visual impression.
I think the final MotorStorm was well represented by the CG trailer as well.

I forgive Sony for their hated trailers. Because they' re delivering content pretty close to what we saw IMO.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 13 Jul 07 9:48:54 >
Vx Chemical

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 13, 2007 23:41

Jesus christ, why cant you just admit and stop making Excuses.

Also your excuses are extremely flawed , The Killzone trailer IS OUT NOW, not in a years time, Killzones 2' s graphics, we are seeing now running on PS3 hardware, in less than 9 months of the PS3 going to retail. The 360 has been retail Since November 2005, so if anything, It' s the 360 games that should be owning PS3 but that cleary isnt the case, because PS3 is starting to show is has more potential already.

Also, Killlzone will look even better when it' s released and so would a lot of other PS3 titles that start to use the same engine.

You wishful thinking is bordering idiocy. We havent seen the titles that will be released for the Xbox at around the same time that Killzone is released, yeah its a really really good looking game, but your fantasy that the PS3 is so much more powerful than the Xbox is purely madeup.

Its been stated that the two are so near equal its hard to really tell the difference. The numbers have been crunched a million times, but if you have no evidence, id like to see them please.

canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 00:24
I am probably going to get killed for saying this, but this is just my opinion.

I think that it a lot of ways, games like Mass Effect and COD4 look better than Killzone. Again, that is my own opinion. I am also confident in saying that what you are seeing done with Killzone 2 and MGS4 can be done using 360 hardware so please go on bantering about how this and that and the next thing are " only possible due to the PS3 hardware and blu-ray crap" .

This is getting to be a very old topic that needs to die right now. Yes, Killzone 2 and MGS4 look absolutly stunning, that I cannot disagree with. But with so little of what we have seen so far, I will stand with saying that in a lot of ways Mass Effect, and COD4 do look better.

The most important part of all though is gamplay. For that we will all have to wait until we get our hands on these games.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 00:34

Gears still kicks Mario' s 64-bit ass!

Shut your dirty whore-ish mouth!
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 13 Jul 07 16:34:26 >
QuezcatoL

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 00:41

I think that it a lot of ways, games like Mass Effect and COD4 look better than Killzone.

I agree,and these developers also has a merit of delivering AAA titles which Guerrila studios hasn' t.
ginjirou

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 00:59
COD4 looks as good, or even better, but I' m having a hard time comparing since the art direction is so extremely different. COD4 seems to go for realism while Killzone almost has a cartoon-ish look IMO, which I really like. Especially the characters' faces look more like cartoons than real humans. Killzone has what I found most of Sony' s games to have, it' s own unique look. The game might not be as technically impressive as other games, but it looks unique.

I don' t think Mass Effect can compete with Killzone though. In Mass Effect, the special effects during the action looks amazing and characters seem to kill anything I' ve ever seen. They really look alive.
But the environments seem kinda lame and compared to Killzone they look really lame.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 13 Jul 07 17:02:18 >
Virtua fighter 5

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 01:00

You wishful thinking is bordering idiocy. We havent seen the titles that will be released for the Xbox at around the same time that Killzone is released, yeah its a really really good looking game, but your fantasy that the PS3 is so much more powerful than the Xbox is purely madeup.

Its been stated that the two are so near equal its hard to really tell the difference. The numbers have been crunched a million times, but if you have no evidence, id like to see them please.

Your back with this ignorance? and trying to twist the basic fact thats soo clear for everyone to see? Why cant you just admit it? lol

Anyway i can' t argue with someone who is SOO fanboy he cant even admit something blantantly obvious, so it time to finish your ignorant ass-off:

The thing is, probably, the Most visually ' Wowing' game of the Show (which is being released THIS Novemeber) was:

Watch
&
listen

**Hands VX back his Dummy**

QuezcatoL

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 01:08
Virtua fighter stop being a fanboy.
ginjirou

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 01:13
Gran Turismo 5 prologue looked amazing.
But does it run at 60 fps with full force feedback with rumble and does it have an advanced physics simulator, extremely customisable cars and gameplay that beginners and veterans can all get into?
If not, then I' ll stick with Forza 2.
After E3 it seems we' ve exclusively been talking about graphics. Gameplay seems to be a lost chapter in videogame history.
I didn' t care if the 360 was the most powerful console or not when I bought it, all I knew was that the games coming for it would be fun to play. Good gameplay you know.
Sony delivered on the graphics, but amazing gameplay that can compete with other next-gen games remains to be seen.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 13 Jul 07 17:20:09 >
QuezcatoL

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 01:17
GT5 looks amazing,but they showed camera angles in replays,heck even the first GT game looked ten time better in replay mode...

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 01:23

Why The F**k are there drop ships open topped? Those military designers should be shot. If that thing tips suddenly then the whole squad can fall out. The soldiers were not restrained either. Not to mention any type of flak would devastate the unprotected soldiers. Petty i know but for a game trying to look as realistic as possible its hard to believe they would have such a poorly designed military vehical - BTW i' m just nitpicking.

If you' re attacked from the direction your exit is located on a closed-top vehicle, what do you do? Get pwned. Open topped vehicles provide stationary cover once troops have hit the ground & make it easy for troops to exit the craft if something goes wrong. Not to mention, a direct hit with most modern anti-aircraft guns is going through and through, Steel, plastic, kevlar, hitting whatever is inside. It won' t matter much if they can see you.
QuezcatoL

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 01:26
Eddie you can' t compare boats or trucks with that transport system.

If they jump off the flying ship they fall to the ground and die.
And look how little space and what a thin fence they had at the top.
Not to mention that they would fly off it irl if there was some gravity in the game.-

Yes this might be news to you,but if you sit a on a plane going down you gonna fly up for a splitsecond and then fall off.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 13 Jul 07 17:26:56 >
Virtua fighter 5

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 02:03

Gran Turismo 5 prologue looked amazing.
But does it run at 60 fps with full force feedback with rumble and does it have an advanced physics simulator, extremely customisable cars and gameplay that beginners and veterans can all get into?
If not, then I' ll stick with Forza 2.

Yeah these are all questions i want answered too, i can use my Momo with GT:HD, it would be awesome it they made GT5 compatible with the G25 Wheel and full H-shift / Clutch Support.

Otherwise, Forza 2 will do.

Sony delivered on the graphics, but amazing gameplay that can compete with other next-gen games remains to be seen

100% agreed.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 13 Jul 07 18:05:58 >
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 09:59
I saw the actual game play on Tv and this looks GREAT. No matter what, killzone is still a top runner for the ps3 and hopefully under all that gorgeousness it will not dissapoint.
Vx Chemical

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 17:28
Yeah it looks good, but why do you believe it cant be done on the 360?

Your the only one who wants to stick to silly notions like that. Its been stated by game devs they are equal, and believe them over a fanboy such as yourself.

(lots of of self cencored bad thoughts and wishful thinking, self censored at the notion of being somewhat civil)
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 14 Jul 07 9:28:32 >
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 11, messages 81 to 100 of 214

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll