Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Hollywood Screws the consumer.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
Hollywood Screws the consumer. - Mar 01, 2006 01:58
Ok, If you' re interested in the blu-ray/HD-DVD war, give this a read. It' s an absolute joke that they are trying this, and if they get away with it I' ll tell both formats to go fuck themselves and stick with my DVD player. Read it and then piss in Hollywoods collective face.

Hollywood extortion

I see this was posted in the PS3 hands on report, but I thought it was more likely to be read in this forum, and hopefully get people angry enough to start emailing toshiba and sony and tell them what bitches they are.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 28 Feb 06 18:01:06 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Hollywood Screws the consumer. - Mar 01, 2006 06:27
This doesn' t surprise me about BR but I' m shocked that HD-DVD went the same route. This sort of thing shouldn' t even be legal, I remember a time when consumers had fucking rights. The pricks have so much nerve... We pay to watch cable, we pay to buy movies, we buy expensive television sets and they turn around and fuck us over, we don' t get any respect, we' re all just a dollar sign to these assholes. Had I known I was going to get screwed when buying my HD TV I would have brought some vaseline to Best Buy. Infact I think big electronic retail chains should give out a free jar of vaseline to anyone who buys an old HD TV.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 28 Feb 06 22:30:33 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Hollywood Screws the consumer. - Mar 01, 2006 09:09
When I saw the title of this thread, I knew it was going to be about Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. Let' s face it, both formats are absolute crap on a stick. DON' T BUY THEM! If you get a PS3, DON' T BUY MOVIES FOR IT!
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Hollywood Screws the consumer. - Mar 01, 2006 13:21
why even bother with hd-dvd and blu-ray. I think the world was doing fine with DVD5s and DVD9s. I never liked the idea anyway, but if dvd becomes obsolete, or useless, then what can I do as a consumer? I have to follow these leeches. I hope billsoft' s dream of no more physical media storage devices becomes real, then no more formats and shit, just download. but that might backfire too, oh what do i do?
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Hollywood Screws the consumer. - Mar 02, 2006 11:44
Wow. This news REALLY SUCKS!! I hope it' s not true that the AV Receiver I just bought several months ago won' t allow me to pass the HDMI signal through it!! If it' s true, I won' t buy! Fuck ' em! I' ll just stick with my upconversion DVD player.

It' s better than the original plan, though. Originally the movie studios wanted to force the manufacturers of HD-DVD and Blu-Ray players to NOT include digital connections at all! They wanted only component and composite jacks, so there would be no " pure" digital output!! Crazy, huh!?
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Hollywood Screws the consumer. - Mar 03, 2006 07:54
Oh woe is me... i am still stuck in the era of VHS... how am I ever going to catch up? I need to win the lottery.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Hollywood Screws the consumer. - Mar 03, 2006 10:34
Always bet on black!

....Oh wait, ...that' s not the lottery...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll