Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 37
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 14, 2006 20:32
...or at least some aspects of the game do as it stands right now, ...according to Phil Harrison.

“With Killzone, the expectation internally and externally is very high – and I won’t show it until it’s going to exceed people’s expectations. It will be next year before we show it again, but it’s coming along very well. The team are working very hard, they know exactly what they have to do and there’s no doubt they will achieve it, but there’s nothing to be served by something that doesn’t satisfy my goals for the project. I can tell you, though, that some elements already exceed the trailer.”

Next-Gen.Biz

Ok. We know the E3 2005 trailer was fully CG, but we' ve just had Gears of War raise the visual bar and Killzone will be a 2nd or even 3rd generation PS3 title. Is this...

...likely?!

Texture-wise?! No. Textures like those seen in the trailer would require more VRAM than RSX has available.

Model-wise?! Yep, definitely possible and likely.

Animation-wise?! After seeing the awesome animations in Rainbow Six:Vegas and Highway to Hell then i would say it' s possible to come close enough. Animations would obviously be repeated though.

Effects-wise?! Almost certainly.

It' s going to come down to how much money they put into developing the engine. It might have been a better idea to license UE3.0 as the majority of the work, including a multi-threaded renderer is already in place. The advantage of building the engine inhouse is that it can be specifically tailored to the hardware and wouldn' t require instruction sets to be completely re-written.

I am expecting something that looks much nicer than Resistance: Fall of Man, uses advanced ragdoll physics and a similar kind of graphical trickery to last gen' s Black. I expect it to kick ass.
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 14, 2006 21:39

or at least some aspects of the game do as it stands right now

The cut-scenes.

In all seriousness, I' m looking forward to seeing the first " in-game" footage of this. The first game was great, way underrated!
Nitro

RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 14, 2006 21:58

The first game was great, way underrated!

I don' t agree. I think the game was awful. The artistic style and concept was superb but it was very poorly executed.
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 14, 2006 22:58
If they pull this one off, this game will look even better than Gears Of War. Sometimes, I have it hard to believe something as that is even possible. But, It' s hard to trust Phil. You just get dissapointed..
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 14, 2006 23:01
I' m not going to listen to any talk about this game until there is actual gameplay released with an outside source doing the hands on. Sony swore up an down the original trailer was gameplay so anything being said about this game right now means absolute crap.
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 14, 2006 23:03
So it was true then?
Rampage99

RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 14, 2006 23:03

ORIGINAL: Gaiden BLACK

So it was true then?

What?
Nitro

RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 14, 2006 23:04

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I' m not going to listen to any talk about this game until there is actual gameplay released with an outside source doing the hands on. Sony swore up an down the original trailer was gameplay so anything being said about this game right now means absolute crap.

And Guerrilla didn' t even produce the CG either which is even funnier. The game could look vastly different and i' m guessing they' re waiting on Halo 3 to see what their competition is.

Technically it' s possible to achieve something comparable to the trailer, but by Guerrilla, a company who haven' t made a good game yet?!
Nitro

RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 14, 2006 23:05

ORIGINAL: Gaiden BLACK

So it was true then?

What was true?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 14, 2006 23:08
I' ve been saying that Killzone might come close to the trailer for quite a while now. Mostly because of gears of War.
From a technical standpoint I think it will be far off but I think the visual experience will come close.
MotorStorm is far from what they showed in the E3 trailer but the impression is still the same.
At least, that' s what I think.
Rampage99

RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 14, 2006 23:13
Yeah, it' s funny that that Guerrilla even admitted it was their outsourced CG team that made the trailer but Sony refused to say it wasn' t gameplay. So they bought Guerrilla and told them to shut up and make it happen. Sad.

They could come close to the trailer but it won' t look that good no matter what. I' m sure they are hoping to compete with Halo 3 but to be honest I' m not expecting much graphically from the new Halo. They seem more interested on creating giant levels that you will never be able to completely explore and is just a waste of space and resources than actually refining their graphics and art style. Halo 3 is rather unimpressive especially compared to Gears.

I almost expect Killzone to look better than Halo 3 for the simple fact that Bungie has their heads up their asses. What Guerrilla should be worried about is Gears 2 which is already in preproduction. You can expect that now since they have a fully working engine from the get go they are going to produce something even more awe inspiring than the first Gears (which is down right scary to see them surpass that game). When Killzone finally come out we' ll probably already be seeing the first images of Gears 2.
Nitro

RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 14, 2006 23:43
Well, Bungie will be saying something tomorrow with regards to Halo 3. Launch date announcement maybe?!

I want to see screens of the solo campaign...
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 14, 2006 23:47
Raise the BAR! Raise the BAR!

With what I am seeing from Gears and Epic saying that " we have only scratched
the surface of the 360"
(I' ll believe it when I see it)... I think Killzone 2 is
definitely withing plausible reach.

Then again, anything that comes out of the 3 Head execs from Sony, I tend not
to listen.... When have Harrisons speeches ever been mentally stimulating
as opposed to gradually irritatiing??
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 00:47

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on
Technically it' s possible to achieve something comparable to the trailer, but by Guerrilla, a company who haven' t made a good game yet?!

The first Killzone had the best graphics on current-gen consoles, no point in denying that (atleast that was what the reviews said). So maybe the game won' t be good, but I' m confident it will look good.
Nitro

RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 00:50

ORIGINAL: JalleNalle

The first Killzone had the best graphics on current-gen consoles, no point in denying that (atleast that was what the reviews said). So maybe the game won' t be good, but I' m confident it will look good.

Huh?

What do you say?!

I say that:

Resident evil 4
Chaos Theory
Ninja Gaiden

were the best looking last gen games. And BLACK walks all over Killzone visually anyway. Where did you get that from?
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 00:51
Resident Evil 4 looks better than ninja gaiden black

Killzone was nice looking aswell though.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 01:02

i told you he' s a funny guy...
Nitro

RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 01:05
Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube.

Killzone looked great when it was released but Black was the nicest looking FPS on PS2. Infact, they should have gotten Criterion to work on Killzone

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 01:06

quote:

ORIGINAL: JalleNalle

Huh?

What do you say?!

I say that:

Resident evil 4
Chaos Theory
Ninja Gaiden

were the best looking last gen games. And BLACK walks all over Killzone visually anyway. Where did you get that from?

No, Killzone didnt look good. Maybe for a PS2 game, sure.

But Top 4 best looking(technically, not artistically)
Chaos Theory
RE4
Ninja Gaiden
Riddick
Nitro

RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 01:07
Ah, i forgot about Riddick!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 37

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages