Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 37
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 16:53
Expected?

I hadn' t really given it much thought. It wont be a problem for me but i' m sure some will complain. The size is being put down to HD video, both pre-recorded inengine (like Resistance & Heavenly Sword) and CG cutscenes. The cutscenes in Gears of War are HD too, but they' re shockingly unstable because they' re realtime and not pre-recorded. I guess a case could be made for Blu-Ray afterall.

I wonder whether MGS4 will be on a 50Gb disc due to the sheer amount of cutscenes!?

Anyhoo...

LINK

New trailer from TGS
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 17:18
Its usually when games get to 4 discs that people shift paradigms. I dont think theres been anything on 5 discs have there?

Arent MGS cutscenes usually realtime as well?

I liked the pretty HD videos of Blue Dragon though, I think they tend to be much more cinematic and well presented than realtime cutscenes.

Overall I prefer interactive cutscenes eg Halflife, but they' re obviously much more difficult to direct in terms of timing of story, character, music, presentation etc.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 18:23
360 sucks, should' ve had HD-DVD or Blu-ray. Told you it wasn' t future proof. Soon developers will abandone the console because they simply can' t make the grand games they have in their minds.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 18:57
You' re retarded ginj,this has to do withe 1080p CGI.

That takes tons of GB,has nothing to do with normal real time cutscenes.

ME is done and will land on 1 DVD9 and has far better graphic then LO,and skipped all CGI,and I assume the ME will land in 720p too.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 20 Sep 07 10:58:10 >
ginjirou

RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 18:59
So you' re saying that limiting the developer' s freedom to use CGI if they want to is a good thing? HAHA! You fool!
I for one am glad that the developers can freely choose what and how to make their games on the PS3.
I bet Lost Odyssey had to be a little shorter and have less amazing cut-scenes just because the 360 is a stupid piece of crap.

Mass Effect environments look like crap. That' s because they had to limit themselves to DVD. PS3 games will own, simply because of Blu-ray. F***ing retards who don' t realise that.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 20 Sep 07 11:00:45 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 19:04
They' re not limited you idiot,plenty of other games that use CGI,and btw look at games like ME,how are they gonna keep you in-game and even in charge of the dialogs nonstop if they put in CGI ?
Also voices take plenty of GB of space,so the japanese support probably added 5-10 gb.
Anyway you talk about limited,look at heavenly sword,you can finisht it on 4-5 hours and it were like 16 gb big.

good use of the space there.

And yes ME looks like crap,good there Ginjoru.

Now go and play your wii.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 20 Sep 07 11:05:08 >
ginjirou

RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 19:06
I don' t own a f***ing Wii! PS3 is where it' s at!
I will say no more, I' ll just let the superior PS3 games talk for themselves.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 20 Sep 07 11:06:33 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 19:27

Please post all those great released PS3 titles? ohhh right, all of them are mediocre crap!

Your starting to annoy me, i think ill get Quez to help me, we will come to visit you and kick a pineapple up your ass!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 20:25

now now Ginji , are u trying to be the antiquez, only recently that you started to talk like a fanboy, congratulation...

As for me, damn i hate it to be in 4 discs [:' (]
QuezcatoL

RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 20:26
Whats the problem with 4 disc?

Oh ,thats right you have to dl and burn 4 dvd' s-

for us others its not a problem.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 20:33

Whats the problem with 4 disc?

you sure have a big mouth.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 20:38
I take it only a few " get" the new Ginj? Myself included.

Anyway, wow at that trailer, just wow. Super mega long cut scenes for the win.
Nitro

RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 20:40

ORIGINAL: Tiz

I take it only a few " get" the new Ginj? Myself included.

QuezcatoL

RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 20:45
I heard sakaguchi said the CGI footage can be done in real time but its easier to make it in CGI.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 20:46
Actually i think most of us get the new Gin, but that somehow doesnt make it funny.
ginjirou

RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 20:51
Of course it' s not fun to you because my posts makes sense and shuts you up!
Sony FTW!
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 20:51
Skrull-Gin...

...anyway, 4 discs isn' t such a big deal. Do you pay more for it? Technically you don' t, and it means the publishers might have to put in a nice big box and yeah, I like that, looks like a DVD boxset, so why not?

Anyway, been wondering, the game is supposed to ship with both English and Japanese audio, so does that add significantly to the file-size or not?

PS: Since we' re getting on it, I agree that the 360 should have just used HD-DVD as a default, instead of an optional drive. It made sense at first, when 360 was just released and the HD era wasn' t fully embraced, but just like how Sony did it with the first Playstation, they should have thought of future-proofing it.

And Quez..

Get it through your horny head that we' re richer than you.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 22:20

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Expected?

I hadn' t really given it much thought. It wont be a problem for me but i' m sure some will complain. The size is being put down to HD video, both pre-recorded inengine (like Resistance & Heavenly Sword) and CG cutscenes. The cutscenes in Gears of War are HD too, but they' re shockingly unstable because they' re realtime and not pre-recorded. I guess a case could be made for Blu-Ray afterall.

I wonder whether MGS4 will be on a 50Gb disc due to the sheer amount of cutscenes!?

Anyhoo...

LINK

New trailer from TGS

Looks like you and I were right about the game having English lip synching for all languages. That' s something really cool. While Sakaguchi said it' s his appreciation for western support that resulted in this, I' d definitely say it has more to do with what you said about the FaceFX animation technology.

4 DVDs? I really don' t mind. Brings back a little nostalgia from FF8/9. Swapping a DVD every 15 hours? If anyone can' t live with that, then their opinions aren' t worth the time either.
Nitro

RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 23:38

ORIGINAL: UnluckyOne

Looks like you and I were right about the game having English lip synching for all languages. That' s something really cool. While Sakaguchi said it' s his appreciation for western support that resulted in this, I' d definitely say it has more to do with what you said about the FaceFX animation technology.

4 DVDs? I really don' t mind. Brings back a little nostalgia from FF8/9. Swapping a DVD every 15 hours? If anyone can' t live with that, then their opinions aren' t worth the time either.

Yeah, it' s pretty cool stuff, and as long as the voice acting is really convincing it' ll not only add production value but make the game more imersive.

Hopefully they' re working on text file analysis for other languages too. Doesn' t make a difference to me personally but it' s nice to see this kind of technology evolve.

As for the discs, it' s not like there will be any backtracking so it shouldn' t cause anybody any grief.

QuezcatoL

RE: Lost Odyssey to span 4 DVD' s... - Sep 20, 2007 23:57
Singapore is richer then Sweden?

You' re hilarious Byakko.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 37

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages