Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Suikoden III - Icing on the cake
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jun 22, 2004 15:48
This is mainly for those that enjoyed Suikoden III and may have missed my message in the other thread (i.e. maybe fathoms)

So I was playing through Suikoden III. First off I have to say that it is an awesome game. One of my favorites that I' ve played so far.
Anyways, so you get the 3 main characters and play the game with them much like any other game.
However I loved it when I found out you could play as more than just the 3 main characters, you could also play as Thomas, a new master to a castle, as an extra side quest.
THEN just recently I found out you could play as even MORE people as long as you went through the trouble of finding everybody.
You can play as a little dog if you find him and if you found all 108 stars and beat the game you get to play as someone else (I won' t spoil who it is)
(Sorry I initially said it was a special ending but it isn' t)

Soooo all this just added to the game making it even better.

What do others that have played this game think?
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jun 22, 2004 17:10
Yes indeed, great game. 2cd-best this generation behind FF X, IMO. Running around as the little dog was a riot, and the " secret" character' s story was also very, very awesome. I' m glad he returned from the original.

Suikoden IV is on its way, and I can' t imagine that it will be anything short of spectacular. All three Suikodens up to this point have been some of the best RPG' s ever, so I am definitely psyched Suikoden IV.
RavenShadow

RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jun 22, 2004 18:46
I agree. The suikoden series have continuously put out solid titles
I never played II but I' ve played through I and III and would have to say they are right up there as one of my favorite series
Looking forward to IV
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jun 22, 2004 19:13
Suikoden IV should be thanks to the setting on the high sea absolutely awesome.
fathoms

RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jun 22, 2004 20:35
Raven: I know it' s a borderline impossibility at this point, but you should REALLY see if you can locate a copy of Suikoden II. It' ll be pricey, but it' s just such a great game. It actually has the best story of all three, IMO, and the toughest 108 Stars to recruit. I think it was actually easiest in Suikoden III, simply because there were virtually no characters that you could miss entirely if you went too far in the game.

Heck, that happened CONSTANTLY in the first two Suikodens. I was so pissed off when I went past the point of no return (Shazaserade Fortress, or whatever), and couldn' t get the last couple of characters so Leknaat would resurrect Gremio. How ANNOYING. LOL
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jun 23, 2004 19:12
Getting all 108 Stars of Destiny was definitely much easier in Suikoden III. I had 103 when I completed the game and used a guide to locate the final five. In the other two installmets i think I had about 80 odd.
RavenShadow

RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jun 25, 2004 03:14
Question:
Playing the " Secret Flame" now and I am in Caleria and need to wait for Albert
I' ve gone through the entire town and have talked to everyone but nothing has happened.
Where do I go to find him?

This would be my one complaint with the game. On numerous occasions I found myself wandering around with little to no direction until I just by chance went in the right spot to get a little cutscene
fathoms

RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jun 25, 2004 03:59
Sorry, I can' t remember at all. I' d suggest checking a FAQ.
RavenShadow

RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jun 25, 2004 04:09
I tried but most don' t cover the extra flames but rather just tell you how to get them
hmmm maybe I' ll dig around a little more or just run around the town some more
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jul 01, 2004 15:39
I ordered suikoden 3 yesterday. Only 30 sum dollars. It should be coming in a couple days, can' t wait!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jul 10, 2004 07:11
This game annoys me. I just started playing it. After about an hour and a half, I have to battle soldiers for the first time. If I die, I must continue from my last save. The thing that pisses me off is that the game forces you to go through the sequences of giving the representative the message and also the scene at the inn where knights come after you. I wouldn' t complain at all if the game let you start over right at the point where you began to run away, but having to go through all of that other BS each time you fail is just horrible game design by Konami. It makes me not want to play the game because I don' t want to sit through the damn long scenes a 3rd time!
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 7/10/2004 7:13:59 AM >
RavenShadow

RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jul 11, 2004 21:02
That was a feature of the game that I didn' t really like but fortunatly was only faced with it a couple times.
What I did to pass by it quicker was to just keep hitting the button to make the text fly by while I was watching a show on another channel haha
fathoms

RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jul 13, 2004 16:15
Joe: I never " failed" at those points, so I didn' t really know that you had to restart before the cut-scenes. But all the early battles were incredibly easy. How did you even manage to lose? Don' t you play RPG' s?
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jul 13, 2004 16:44
Ive played now for 13 hours. Its a really good game. As someone said earlyer, sometimes i would save or do something else, come back, and then be like, ok, what was i doing again? But usually running around/talking to people helped that. I' m glad there wasnt any voice overs, cough, ffx, cough. It didnt have the greatest voice acting, its better off just reading, imo anyway. I like it also because its not as,...overwhelming as say ffx/x-2, theres tons of stuf to figure out in those games, suikoden 3 is straight forward and not as complex as like a ff game. I just wish there could have been anime in cut scenes instead of just in the begining, but its cool none the less.
fathoms

RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jul 15, 2004 19:36
konrad: In which order are you attacking the story? Technically, you should really do Hugo first, then Chris, then Geddoe, even though I flip-flopped Hugo and Chris. Chris turned out to be my favorite character by a long shot...made her my Flame Champion.

This is one of those games that definitely gets better as time goes on.
Joe Redifer

RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jul 15, 2004 23:30
Yes Fathoms, I suck at RPGs. This game doesn' t encourage me to get better when they place their save points like that! Like I said in another post, Konami has brain cancer or otherwise they would have surely seen that is not a logical thing to do.
fathoms

RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jul 16, 2004 12:39
Whatever. I never had a single problem with the save points in Suikoden III. There are some games where it' s an obvious issue, though. Like in tough games like Ninja Gaiden...the save points in that one are atrocious.
RavenShadow

RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jul 16, 2004 12:48
I never had any trouble with the save points either.
Joe Redifer

RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jul 16, 2004 23:28
It' s just common design sense (which Konami doesn' t have) to put the save points AFTER long, arduous tasks in which no battles happen. Just because it didn' t happen to you doesn' t mean the flaw is not there. Like I said, I wouldn' t be complaining if I didn' t have to go through all of the story I;ve seen again and again just to fight some battles again. Piss poor design straight out of the one toilet they do not clean in the basement of Konami Japan.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Suikoden III - Icing on the cake - Jul 17, 2004 02:05
Even though I have never played this game, I " cough, cough" agree with Joe. XIII does this too... you die in the middle of a mission and have to start from the very beginning -- it sucks big time!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message