Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 18, 2005 12:23
I' m still not impressed with PS3. For those who read alot of my posts, you know why. All I can think about that really impresses me are the visuals, although we still don' t know whether the demos we saw at E3 were in-game.

To me, and I have to stress this again, the Playstation 3 isn' t different from Xbox 360. Sometimes I feel like Sony and Microsoft share the same head.

Now, I know what you' re thinking. So why are you against PS3 if you particularly said that PS3 and X360 are exactly the same?? Because the PS3 is going to be pricier. It' s capabilities match X360, but you know what? PS3 will most probably be more expensive than 360. Plus, 360 is out first, so to many, the PS3 may seem like a clone. Now it' s too early to make a hypothesis for sure, but from what I' ve seen, I see no difference between the PS3 and X360.

If I' m missing something, please tell me. I just want to get all my facts right. So what are your thoughts of Playstation 3 so far? Will it remain the king of the console market, or will the crown be given to Microsoft or Nintendo?
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 18, 2005 14:09
I' m impressed with what I' ve seen, but if the demos and the like at E3 aren' t the real deal, then there' s going to be a lot of disappointed people.

Regarding if Sony will remain king in the coming generation: I' m not quite sure, but I have heard that the price could be substantially higher than the competition, which may be a sign of Sony getting too clever for their own good and could very well mean their downfall.

I' m ecstatic at the thought of next generation gaming
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 18, 2005 14:34
I' ll reserve my judgment until I play da gamez! Until then, it looks like it could be a very powerful machine.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 18, 2005 15:41
Where have you guys been? The demos at E3 were not real. There have been many articles on it.
Auron

RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 18, 2005 16:50
And I' ve seen a few saying that they' re indeed running in real time too, nobody is certain...yet.
< Message edited by Auron -- 19 Jul 05 0:56:07 >
Sal

• Total Posts : 38
RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 18, 2005 20:17
Ummm...I think the PS3 will be good for people who don' t have a computer. But all those people are poor. So they probabally won' t get one because they only have a 24 inch TV that can barely handle thier NES. I think all the console manufacturers will be a bit dissapointed. From what i have seen they have just made the systems mini PC' s, something that they have been trying to slide into our homes for some time but never found the right vessel. So, PC owners won' t need one and the rest are too poor.
Jason Zeidan

RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 18, 2005 21:46
Huh???

Anyway, if it is a fact that those E3 trailers and demos don' t run on in-game PS3 visuals, than that' s great! For me.

But I have to agree with Auron about the fact that Sony is getting a bit too arrogant. You know, it always seems a trend of how different console companies reign supreme. They start off as underdogs, and make a system that' s original and well-needed. They become console king, then become arrogant, and are eventually overthrown by another underdog. It was like that with Atari, and when they made the 2600, the industry shifted focus toward them. Then, they became arrogant, and released more systems in shorter time frames, and confused consumers. Eventually, Nintendo, the newcomer, saves the industry with NES. Atari is overthrown, and Nintendo reigns supreme with it' s flexible and developer-friendly console. Nintendo' s reign continues past 1989, and even jumps over Sega. Then, after attempting to have complete control of the game cartrige, they foolishly create a cartrige-built console, N64, which is pricey and unnecessary. Sony, the underdog, dazzled developers and consumers with it' s new format (CD), and became the industry darling. Nintendo was overthrown. Then they made the PS2, which was hard to develop games for, but because of Sony' s relationships with 3rd parties, Sony remains supreme. PSP represents further ignorace. A system that lacks complete originality in a new battlefield, and facing off against innovation, DS. But the PS3 also continues the hot-headedness of Sony. A new, alienating proprierity format and a pricey system to manufacture may be unforgiving. Microsoft feels that the 360 will reign supreme, and with the early marketing advantage, and a new philosophy about it' s videogames, Microsoft might be the one that overthrows Sony this time. But, Nintendo is creating an innovation that battles cost-effectiveness, replacing it with a revolutionary new format. Nintendo could also overthrow Sony this time, and reign again. But there could only be one champion. But which one?

I always thought this next gen as a Microsoft versus Nintendo cycle, despite the press seeing otherwise. I made this thread to see if people agree with me, and by what I' ve seen so far, I' m alone in my thesis of discontent.
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 19, 2005 02:23
It' s all about the games. There were tons of games I enjoyed playing on my ps2, and the biggest surprise of them all was that quite a few of them were 1st or 2nd party titles. Ergo, as long as they don' t mess it up, the ps3 will be my format of choice come next gen. Of course, nothing is set in stone. If another console offers more games that appeal to me, then I' ll go for that one.

Edit: Oh, who am I kidding, I' ll end up buying all of them, just like this gen.
< Message edited by dismiss -- 19 Jul 05 10:25:21 >
locopuyo

RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 19, 2005 15:53
I don' t think enough people have learned their lesson yet. Maybe the generation after with the PS4 sony will be taken down.
Jackelcy Dumas

• Total Posts : 58
RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 19, 2005 20:56
It doesn' t come with a hard drive? I don' t feel like paying extra money. Sony will still beat 360 but im still getting 360.
Jason Zeidan

RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 19, 2005 21:37
I don' t see Sony beating Microsoft sales-wise. Microsoft is good and ready for the juggernaut, and Sony, in my opinion, is a bit too arrogant to expect much of 360 and Revolution. But I also think that Revolution will blow a hit toward Sony as well. Nintendo' s gonna kick some serious ass next-gen guys, so get ready.

In all, I think the current market share of Microsoft and Nintendo will grow at Sony' s expense. I just don' t see Sony winning the next generation at all. Of course, these are only pre-mature predictions, because we know nothing about the game lineup of the three consoles, let alone the full specs and features of them (especially Nintendo' s system).
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 20, 2005 01:10
The games are nice, the price is not...maybe if they can get it down to 100 bucks eventually I might pick it up, if not...Well, it doesn' t look right now as if I' m getting a PS3.
moeditor

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 21, 2005 06:56
Was I the only one sickened by Sonys ' smoke and mirrors' E3 presentation? Running the majorty of demos in non-realtime CG is not my idea of demonstrating your hardware and gaming potential...
Jason Zeidan

RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 21, 2005 07:30
I thought the E3 presentation was a real dud as well.
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 21, 2005 08:45
The controller is strange... it has a " banana" style... I like the XBox one a lot more!
Auron

RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 21, 2005 10:07

The controller is strange... it has a " banana" style... I like the XBox one a lot more!

Yeah, I think they could be making a mistake with the redesign, but I have heard it may not be the final design. I sure hope not anyway as it looks about as uncomfortable as a Sonic the Hedgehog controller complete with sharp spikes.
Ra117

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 21, 2005 11:43
I have been trying my best to keep up with all new information regarding the three systems. What I have heard from multiple places was that the ps3 videos were mostly pre rendered and not real time but with a couple of real time ones thrown in.(Like two or three.)
I agree with Jackelcy Dumas in that I think that Ps3 will beat Xbox 360 but I am still going to get one also. The biggest support I can give this is that 20 percent of all US households for example have Ps2s. Unless Microsoft can convinve Ps2 owners that they should forget about Ps3 and the ability to still play their Ps1/2 games I think the majority of those gamers will stick by their system. Microsofts system and sonys system are both really powerful machines, but they each have strengths in different areas. When it comes down to it, they both are capable of producing games like the ones in the Ps3 videos. Where this battle is going to be decided (This not taking the previous 20 percent figure into account) is in the gameplay and the online capacity of each system. Microsoft has the edge in the online department and they both have great gameplay capacitys. So the big question is, which will win, Microsofts xbox live or sonys 20 percent foothold?
Naked Snake

RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 23, 2005 13:49
Have you guys heared that Microsoft is re-making the XBox' games because the old Stuff doesn' t work on their new console?

I couldn' t buy a game twice...
locopuyo

RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 23, 2005 14:08
lol, who did you hear that from? Sony PR?
Naked Snake

RE: Playstation 3: Your thoughts so far... - Jul 23, 2005 14:26
A friend i can trust what he says
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages