Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I, Robot
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
I, Robot - Jul 21, 2004 18:26
My brother saw this movie last night ... said it is definitely worth seeing. I caught the show on how the movie was made last night on TV -- it looks interesting. I' m going to see it Sunday. Anyone else see it? Opinions?
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: I, Robot - Jul 21, 2004 19:17
yeah i heard that its a nice, entertaining summer blockbuster....popcorn flick....ill see it....
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: I, Robot - Jul 21, 2004 21:51
doesn' t really catch my interest, so i will wait to rent this one, or better yet, until it comes on tv. When I hear the title, all I can think about is my little nephew who goes around saying " me, robot" (trying to tell me that he is a robot)
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: I, Robot - Jul 21, 2004 23:29
DON' T EVEN ASK!! That' s a sour subject right now LOL..

I went to see it last Sunday.. Sitting, enjoying the movie, things start to pick up as the robots go nuts and then the fire alarm goes off and the movie is stopped as ALL of the theatres are evacuated. There wasn' t a fire as far as I could tell but and hour and a half later and the theatre still wasn' t reopened to folks. AHHHh!!! lol...

And people have the gall to say that I' m hallucinating about bad luck following me.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: I, Robot - Jul 21, 2004 23:42
Problem with fire alarms in theaters is that the firemen have to come in and basically inspect the place. Since it' s a movie theater full of a bunch of people, the firetrucks usually take the long way there. Then they stand around chit chatting with the management. Usually they just give everyone passes and tell them to go home.

Power outtages are even more fun!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: I, Robot - Jul 22, 2004 00:27
Awsome movie! Go see it, being number 1 on theatres currently isnty just because of the hype.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: I, Robot - Jul 22, 2004 00:36
No, it' s because it' s new and everyone else has already seen Spiderman 2 (except me) :)
Sharon

RE: I, Robot - Jul 22, 2004 01:23
Gee Terry, I hope you at least got your money refunded!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: I, Robot - Jul 22, 2004 13:55
Nah, didn' t get my money back.. Saw the huge crowd outside the theatre and eventually just left. (Social anxiety kicks in ;)).

Came back an hour and a half later, still a large crowd outside..

Anyways I went and saw the movie again last night , the WHOLE thing with no interruptions finally. LOVED it! Wanna see it again.

I still have yet to see Spiderman 2 as I chose I, Robot instead. Who knows maybe when the DVD is released I' ll just borrow it from Joe and forget to return it!!

How much of the movie does Peter Parker spend whining and crying about being Spiderman??? Don' t know if I wanna sit through an hour of him going: " Why do I have to be Spiderman?? I don' t wanna be Spiderman! Why me? Why? Why can' t someone else be Spiderman?? I want my Mommy!"

To be fair to Spidey, we' re watching him during his early years as Spiderman, it' s still a tough transition for him. I mean in the Superman movies, Clark Kent wasn' t whining about being Superman, he had pretty much dealt with his inner demons, BUT if you watch Smallville which chronicles his teen years, he spent a good portion of it whining to ;)
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 7/22/2004 2:23:43 PM >
Vysehrahd

• Total Posts : 46
RE: I, Robot - Jul 22, 2004 20:34
Just seeing the previews of it in other movies, it looked like it would be chalked full of cheeze one liners... waitin for it to come out on T.V.
Mass X

RE: I, Robot - Jul 22, 2004 23:01
Parkers whining is easily livable once you see the action sequences.
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: I, Robot - Jul 22, 2004 23:37
yea,i think it' s interesting. Robots with feelings? who knew? I haven' t seen it yet but i probably will
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: I, Robot - Jul 23, 2004 22:37
i haven' t seen it yet, but it does look pretty good. i hope it' s not one of those movies that relies too heavily on special effects, like independance day or the matrix.
Mass X

RE: I, Robot - Jul 23, 2004 23:56
I, Robot actually has a nice story, somin I havent seen in awhile for action sci-fi. But, what else could you expect form the director of Dark City and The Crow
< Message edited by Mass X -- 7/23/2004 11:57:23 PM >
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: I, Robot - Jul 24, 2004 02:46
I-Robot is really good. It has such a nice story. If anything, i think more of this movie is talking, and less is action. But the action is just as good as it is in the trailers.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: I, Robot - Jul 25, 2004 06:08
This movie was awesome.

The story and acting is good the action is good the robots look amazing and slo motion is perfect.
Sharon

RE: I, Robot - Jul 25, 2004 21:12
I went and saw it...I liked it...alot! I agree with everything Russian said.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: I, Robot - Jul 26, 2004 12:33
It' s one of those movies I like the look of and want to go see, but probably won' t get around to seeing at the cinema because I' ll be broke or won' t be able to find anyone to go with. There' s quite a few movies coming out soon that I know my mates are waiting for so I' ll probably go see them (Hellboy, Punisher and, er... Garfield). We' ll see if I can manage to see it, but it sounds good. But recently I just have a burning desire to see Spiderman 2 again...
erly_star

• Total Posts : 3
RE: I, Robot - Jul 30, 2004 00:26
Liked it, it was a godo movie :)

Only thing was ... and I am definitely one of the worst judges when it comes to acting, but Bridget Monyahan (spelling?) was incredibly horrible.

But aside from her acting skills ... loved the action / storyline!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: I, Robot - Jul 30, 2004 01:38
Awesome mvie, I really enjoyed it.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages