Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I love Oblivion but...
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
I love Oblivion but... - Apr 06, 2006 10:23
If Bethesda thinks I' m going to pay 200 gamer points ($2.50 usd) for a piece of game content, just a stupid horse armor, they' re nuts. I already paid about 70 bucks for the fucking game where they probably sold over a million copies and they expect us to pay for the rest of the game. Well Beth, fuck off!

I can live without horse armor but my consern is that game developers will hold back valuable parts of future games and charge gamers though the nose to buy individual game items. My biggest fear in all of this is in online games like MMOs. Can you imagine games where the strongest players are the ones with the biggest wallets? Bullshit! I' m not going to stand for this crap. I' ll never be caught dead falling into one of these scams.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: I love Oblivion but... - Apr 06, 2006 10:34
I like CAD analogy: When at a restruant how much do you pay for desert after dinner? In most cases it certiainly isnt free.

But ya they probably just testing the market gauging the responce and will tend to the pricing for future releases accordenly.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: I love Oblivion but... - Apr 06, 2006 11:03
No, desert would be an expansion for which I have no problem paying for. Paying for the horse armor is more like paying extra for the pepper on your steak.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 6 Apr 06 3:08:03 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: I love Oblivion but... - Apr 06, 2006 16:25
I think its ridicoulous as well, but im going to pay for it anyway, it doesnt bodewell for things to come!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: I love Oblivion but... - Apr 06, 2006 23:35
I think it' s rediculous and am NOT paying for it. They' ve announced other " add ons" and while I still think the whole idea of releasing content like this is a scam, the next ones at least seem to offer more. ONe is a a wizards tower to live in that let' s you do all kinds of spell casting etc. and another is a dwarven soemthing or other with a new quest that apparently leads to new skills. Horse armour vs. new quest and skills hmmmmmmm both at 2.50? Two things make this possible idiots (the consumers) and greed (the companies providing).
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: I love Oblivion but... - Apr 06, 2006 23:53
I' m not gonna buy it either. For one little pieve of armor for your house, $2.50 is crap. It shoudl be like a couple cents if anything.PC users can download it for free if they felt like and and can even make their own. It' s a joke to punish the console users. BTW, I' m finishing up the review for this today. My 360 died for a week and I finally got a replacement. Yay!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: I love Oblivion but... - Apr 07, 2006 00:27
Horse Armour?? Of all the pointless.... I' m in first person most of the time
and my horse is always chased away by scamps, I prefer travelling by foot.
Mass X

RE: I love Oblivion but... - Apr 07, 2006 01:15
Ya the armour is useless for the most part (especially if you got Shadowmere). But I still think they were just testing a reaction. Actually I think they commented on it and said they were unsure as to where to put the price range at but will take note from the responce for future releases.

Syro

• Total Posts : 15
RE: I love Oblivion but... - Apr 07, 2006 06:42
They shouldn' t think about trying it and testing the market. More like they are testing the fat wallets of people and see if they will give in.

I agree that later on it will be the ones with fat wallets that have everything. Kinda like real life, no? You' ll be walking around while people are on horses they bought for 50 dollars...You save your pennies in RL to have an IG horse....kinda like that car you always wanted but can' t afford unless you sacrifice stuff for it. The future is now guys!

Bullshit. What' s next, premium member service in this game? Premium member places? Guess it' s time to look for another job and fall into their traps willingly.
The trap is clear, we proclaim, they test the market and reel the first ones in the rest follow after.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: I love Oblivion but... - Apr 07, 2006 07:49

What' s next, premium member service in this game? Premium member places

Now THAT is an exceptionaly profound thought. This is what I' m afraid of in the era of microtransactions. Internet gaming segregation. It' ll be cool! The poor folk will finally stop ruining all the great gaming the rich folk can do!!
Mass X

RE: I love Oblivion but... - Apr 08, 2006 03:48

The post also makes mention of the upcoming downloadable content, The Orrery and The Wizards Tower. Unlike the Horse Armor update earlier this week, The Orrery will add a new quest, rewards and powers for your character. Bethesda is hoping to release it next week for a cost of 150 Microsoft Points ($1.88) on the Xbox 360 Marketplace, and $1.89 for PC. -IGN

Is that more reasonable to the outraged folks out there? And if it still angers people Im sure they will again take note of the responce and re-work the pricing again.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 7 Apr 06 19:50:11 >
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: I love Oblivion but... - Apr 11, 2006 00:12
Bethesda has released some new information concerning future plugins and pricing.

There was a bit of community uproar last week when Bethesda released the first official plugin for their Oblivion, with a price tag attached. There were many gamers who didn' t feel like they should have to pay for additional content, or that the content offered didn' t justify the price.

Bethesda listened to community feedback, and with the goal of finding a happy medium between price and content, have detailed their plans for future expansions in this forum post.

The next two expansions promise more than just a cosmetic addition to the game. With brand new, full-featured quests, new character powers and new locations, and all for less than the price of a cheeseburger (a real one, not those fast-food atrocities).

Despite any protests concerning the horse armor pack, Bethesda reports that sales have exceeded expectations. Hopefully the new expansions will continue to do just as well, and the already massive and entertaining achievement that is Oblivion will continue to grow.

http://www.cad-media.com/mediaitem.php?mid=25&c=pc
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: I love Oblivion but... - Apr 11, 2006 06:03

My 360 died for a week and I finally got a replacement. Yay!

It' s quite a common problem with 360 - so many people have their system replaced...Rampage what happened to yours?
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: I love Oblivion but... - Apr 12, 2006 03:57
I don' t know anyone here in UK who has had a problem with their 360 yet, perhaps it' s a US thing?

Well Oblivion has shipped 1.7 million copies on PC and 360, but there is no clue on any of the stories as to the breakdown of 360 / PC sales, I' d bet a hefty slice on being the 360 version, especially as I seem to be seeing most of my friends on oblivion more and more on live!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: I love Oblivion but... - Apr 12, 2006 05:29
The PC version has sold the most followed by the 360 collectors edition with the regular 360 version in last.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: I love Oblivion but... - Apr 12, 2006 05:55
got any figures? would be interesting to see the breakdown

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages