Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What type of gamer are you mostly?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
What type of gamer are you mostly? - Feb 10, 2005 08:35
1. Arcade
or
2. Console
or
3. PC
or
4. Handheld?

I myself have always been predominantly an arcade gamer through and through. While arcades are pretty much dried up around these parts, arcade gaming will always remain my #1 love in gaming. Regardless of how far console technology has come and in some ways surpassed the arcades, no matter how " perfect" or " better than perfect" arcade to console conversions are, there' s just something special about arcade games that console games will never be able to replicate. During my teens years I practically LIVED in arcades, I was in one almost every day so it' s pretty sad for me to see them just dropping like flies all over the U.S.. It seems as if every time I find a new arcade location in New York, the very next week or two weeks later it shuts down. argh...

Anyways my second choice is for console gaming followed by handhelds.. I' m not a PC gamer, it' s just not my thing. The only games I' ve ever played and enjoyed on my PC/Laptop are Arcade game roms.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 11 Feb 05 1:04:05 >
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: What type of gamer are you mostly? - Feb 10, 2005 10:39
As much as I love my " consoles" , I' m still a pinball gal at heart!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: What type of gamer are you mostly? - Feb 10, 2005 11:02
Console mainly, with PC following not to far back. I used to love arcades but finding one now is so hard, and it' s harder to find one with good games.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: What type of gamer are you mostly? - Feb 10, 2005 11:25
I used to love the arcade, but unless I want to play whatever version of DDR is currenltly out, or drum mania, or beat mania, or disco mania, or some other crap, it' s consoles first PC second for me.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: What type of gamer are you mostly? - Feb 10, 2005 12:16
1. Arcade - started playing in the arcades, but went to home consoles - costed me less. Still played a few arcade games, but mostly played home console.

2. Console - switched from arcades to home console, and been there ever since.

3. Handheld - enjoy this type of gameplay, when consoles are not available. Otherwise, handhelds just haven' t been as exciting to play (for me).

4. PC - recently introduced to a few PC titles. Really do not get into PC games playing all that much, since I own a XBOX.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 10 Feb 05 22:17:04 >
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: What type of gamer are you mostly? - Feb 10, 2005 14:07
predominantly console. I play a few PC games, but not too many.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: What type of gamer are you mostly? - Feb 10, 2005 14:21
it' s pretty much a tie between console and pc
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: What type of gamer are you mostly? - Feb 10, 2005 14:27
im a CONSOLE GAMER.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What type of gamer are you mostly? - Feb 10, 2005 16:27
Back in the days when Sega was around, it was a toss-up between arcade and consoles. They complemented each other perfectly, and it was always great to wait in anticipation to see how good the home version of an arcade game would be. Plus popular titles in the arcade meant lots of sales for the game at home, and that' s why the Genesis did realy well... they had tons of arcade translations... of GOOD arcade games.

But now arcades are pretty boring and don' t have much that is interesting. So I resort to consoles.
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: What type of gamer are you mostly? - Feb 10, 2005 18:33
I' m a console gamer. However arcade games have that something special about them that makes me want to play them which console games tend to lack. It' s weird but I' d be happy to spend 15 minutes playing Puzzle Bobble in the local arcade and yet be bored with the PS2 version within 2 minutes of playing.
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: What type of gamer are you mostly? - Feb 24, 2005 18:26
arcade, console, and pc. Used to play handhelds, but not anymore, to expensive for me
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: What type of gamer are you mostly? - Feb 24, 2005 20:23
Console mainly these days...I want to pick up a PSP though for college purposes. As for arcades, there really aren' t many good ones around in TN. I used to go and play the fighting games, but the only arcade that we have no usually gets the almost new fighting game. By that time I already have it for a console. And not to mention that I spend most of my time playing games online...
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: What type of gamer are you mostly? - Feb 25, 2005 22:49
as much as i like console games, i find myself more and more looking at PC games n=because my roommate will not give up control of the t.v. to watch shit like america' s next top model.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: What type of gamer are you mostly? - Mar 01, 2005 04:20
I' m a quite obsessed Console gamer. I' m out of the loop with PC games not owning a PC good enough to play recent games. I' m desperatly wanting to play Half Life 2 though and am contemplating getting a new PC just to do that.

But with all current generation consoles sat in my room side by side with a few classic consoles (Dreamcast, Saturn, Megadrive) I think i' m definatly a console gamer through and through.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: What type of gamer are you mostly? - Mar 01, 2005 06:08
the.ben If your " roomate" can' t stop watching America' s Next Top Model, then perhaps you need to do something about it. I think a first step would be for your " roomate" to admit openly that he/she is addicted to said reality tv crap and invite them to our forum to cleanse their conscience.
captain Qball

• Total Posts : 30
RE: What type of gamer are you mostly? - Mar 01, 2005 14:36
I' m mostly a console gamer. I have a Gameboy Player for my Gamecube, so that I can play the good Handheld games while sitting at my console. I' ve never really had a good enough computer to play most modern PC games, but I' ve enjoyed lots of DOS games back in the day. As for arcade games.... I' ll play them, but I usually don' t go out of my way to do it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll