Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What' s your favorite Fighting game?
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 13, 2005 20:24
Let' s see:

Street Fighter
King of Fighters
Mortal Kombat
Super Smash Bros.
Guilty Gear
Virtua Fighter
Tekken
Bloody Roar
Soul Calibur
Budokai
Dead or Alive

... uh, well, here are my five favorite.

1. Soul Calibur- It' s sublime in every fact of the matter.
2. Super Smash Bros.- It' s wacky and is the epitome of Nintendo fun.
3. Dead or Alive- Why? How ' bout seven reasons? Tina, Kasumi, Ayane....
4. Virtua Fighter- A well crafted fighting series, no doubt.
5. Budokai- I just put it here to fill the void. Plus I like DBZ....

As for my least favorite:

1. Mortal Kombat- Not only is just a BAD game series, but it' s violent and stupid.
2. Bloody Roar- It' s not as bad as MK, but it' s just pretty much crap.
3. Tekken- It has lame modes and the characters have very predictable moves.
4. Guilty Gear- It' s just lame, and the characters aren' t too great.
5. Street Fighter- That' s right. It' s annoying, shallow, and way too overrated.

What are your favorite (and least favorite) fighting games?

Soul Calibur for Life!
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 14, 2005 02:21
My fave five:
1. Soul Calibur series (apart from the first one, Soul Edge, which was a bit flat). The perfect balance of depth and fun.
2. Tekken series. Always dynamic, always flowing, the only thing I don' t like is it' s obsession with juggles and the fact that it' s rabid user base prevents it from moving forward.
3. Virtua Fighter series. Well-designed, complex, truly hardcore. It just never manages to be as much fun as the above two games, at least for me.
4. Guilty Gear series. This game needs so much skill it' s frightening. Still struggling with Roman Cancels.
5. DOA. I' m not really into this, but there' s a good chance it will evolve into something more satisfying. Great graphics and flowing gameplay.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 14, 2005 05:54
My top-three fighting game series (in priority order):

1) Soul Calibur
2) DOA
3) Mortal Kombat
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 14, 2005 20:14
NOO!! It' s all about Double Dragon! Ryu stole that spin kick from Billy! LOL

I' ll agree that right now, Soul Calibur is the best. The legend will never die.

As for the rest of them, where' s innovation, where' s my create a character (hint: hah, Namco fullfilled my dreams already), where' s new whatever?

One series that has seriously bombed out and I thought would do really good was the Bloody Roar. I don' t know who the hell is in charge now but they need to die and get the f*ck out of here. My biggest complaint of all time is the fact that they made Shenlong gay. I mean, he was the freaking head special evil boss in BR2 and the biggest pain in the ass to beat. He wasn' t cheap and didn' t use cheap techniques against you. Nope, just an everlasting combo that could break your guard. His stolen combo (an evil clone of Long) used stances or hits from extremely low to high points that could easily throw off your opponent and just about as powerful as Gado. The one thing that Bloody Roar lacks majorly is the innovation department. They' ve never updated the series at all. Only given you new characters and these so called crap stages. One thing that I would like to see an advancement on that would really give them the upper hand. Is to give BR a more realistic feel. How you say? How about adding claw mark effects on characters, objects and the enviroment. God the enviroment needs a big upgrade. They need to have it destructive and seeing a lion slamming your opponent down on the ground should result in some majorly cracked up or go through the damn floor deal. The so called transformation needs to be slowed down immensely. Not this magical effect that surrounds them and they just transform into a beast. NOOOO! I can' t stand that even tho I still play it. Like I said, they need to slow that transformation process down to almost matrix slow down and show the person transforming into thier beast form. Plus after transforming into beast form, I wouldn' t have them go back into human form. I mean cmon!?! How does a torn up outfit go back to being new again? Ah once again, it' s all due to that magical effect. Anyways, you can see that I' ve given this major thought. Hopefully one day I when I become rich, I wil buy out the series and make the true and real version that I' ve always dreamed of. I also wish to update the Tenchu series. GOD that' s definitely another topic.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 14, 2005 21:45

One series that has seriously bombed out and I thought would do really good was the Bloody Roar. I don' t know who the hell is in charge now but they need to die and get the f*ck out of here.

This I agree with wholeheartedly... For me the original Beastorizer (Bloody Roar) was the best. There was this strong female character wearing overalls and would change into a Boar-like creature that I dug so much in the original but the bastids removed her from the sequels it seems.
Owain

• Total Posts : 91
RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 15, 2005 05:04
Top 3
1) Soul Calibur - great graphics, fast, balanced about as close to perfect as you can get.

2) Last blade 1/2 basically the 2D soul calibur. Flows a lot better than Samurai Shodown

3) Super Smash Bros - Deceptively simple. all the characters and music form ninty game. Doesn' t get boring.

Not so top 3
1) VF4 - Found it really dull only for the hardcore fighting fans. Just too deep and complex. I did like VF2 though.

2) Mortal Combat - The fatalities are funny the first time, after that MK' s got nothing of interest, plays like ass.

3) Tekken - Right I will play Tekken buy its a bit meh, too floaty and the buffering is too tight never felt ' proper' imo.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 15, 2005 12:13
my favorite fighting game is marvel vs capcom 2
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 15, 2005 15:34
Fave:

1. Dead or Alive
2. Soul Calibur
3. Mortal Kombat
4. Street Fighter
5. Guilty Gear

Least Fave:
1. Bloody Roar
2. Tekken

Special mention:

I think Tao Feng had some innovative ideas, and was pretty cool, but there were a couple of things that dragged it down to mediocrity. First its characters. There were some that were awesome (Iron Monk Rules!), but then they turned around and had a guy in a Mantis suit!!

Second, the limb damage was great, and the bruising and clothes tearing were a precursor of thing to come I think. The voice acting and general presentation was WAAAY to campy, though.

Third, using the environment to fight (flipping off walls and swinging around poles) was sweet, but the sudden (and often fight ending) camera movements were SO LAME. I did enjoy the game though, and if they fix these problems, I would definitely rank it in the top 5.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 17, 2005 16:13

This I agree with wholeheartedly... For me the original Beastorizer (Bloody Roar) was the best. There was this strong female character wearing overalls and would change into a Boar-like creature that I dug so much in the original but the bastids removed her from the sequels it seems.

Actually they brought her back in BR3. Uranus the Chimera.

I think Tao Feng had some innovative ideas, and was pretty cool, but there were a couple of things that dragged it down to mediocrity. First its characters. There were some that were awesome (Iron Monk Rules!), but then they turned around and had a guy in a Mantis suit!!

NO WAY DUDE! It' s all about Jet-Li and the old man! Those guys rocked! Also, Jade the Dragon was freaking sweet too! Oh dude, I' m so stealing her quote! " Wake up a sleeping dragon and bang, your dead!"
< Message edited by kombatfighter -- 18 Jul 05 0:19:14 >
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 18, 2005 04:52
To be honest, I can' t stand complex fighting games and get frustrated trying to learn how to play them, so my pick is the satisfyingly accessible Dead or Alive. I love the beautiful graphics, fluidity of combat and the intutive commands, oh and not forgetting those stunningly attractive women
< Message edited by Auron -- 18 Jul 05 12:53:20 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 18, 2005 16:24
DOAU
Power Stone 2 for crazy multiplayer parties

I' ve played the other ones listed, I just don' t like em that much.
Jason Zeidan

RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 18, 2005 21:56
I always wanted to make my own fighting series...

The environments are completely accessible and destructible. One thing I always wanted is this thing I made up called dive mode. Let' s say you' re fighting on a plane or something.... and you get thrown off. You' re opponent would jump off the plane as well, and you two would be undergoing a battle in midair! Using the full laws of physics, you lean down to go lower on the screen, lay flat to stay put, and so on... and whoever is lower on the screen, or has lower health, hits the ground more painfully, and the battle continues!!

It sounds alot better in my head. But my head can' t write; my fingers do that.
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 22, 2005 19:35
I' d have to go with Super Smash Bros series, it' s one of the only fighting games that take real skill, and the action as in any fighting series exept for some SNES game I played is fast paced.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 23, 2005 14:15
I thought SSB was one of the worst fighting games skill wise. The first time I played it I beat a hardcore veteran player. It seems rather random who wins those games. In fact they seem to be designed to keep the games as close as possible. Isn' t it the more you get knocked off the edge the more powerful you become? If it was skill based the better player would always win....
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 23, 2005 15:52

It seems rather random who wins those games

It depends on the settings, if you have weapons on than it is random but without them it' s skill.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 23, 2005 19:40
i also love the mortal kombat series lot.i love all the blood
Jason Zeidan

RE: What' s your favorite Fighting game? - Jul 24, 2005 08:24
Really??

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages