Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Things you' re sick and tired of in games
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 29, 2005 10:23
I' m getting extremely tired about shooting people online in the same old game modes, I mean where' s the originality at?

I' m also getting rather tired of the Grand Theft Auto series. Sure it gets bigger everytime, but it' s still basically the same old missions that we' ve been playing for years. Personally I think the series should be put to rest, because I' m fatigued just thinking of it.

Your turn guys (and girls?)
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 29, 2005 11:15
Oh Jesus, where do I start...
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 29, 2005 11:38
Driving sims.
I can easily just ignore the driving sims and head towards the arcade styled racing games, but nowadays it just seems as if it' s becoming a little harder to find pure arcade styled racing games underneath the large piles of driving sims and racing games with driving sim elements.

If 2D Shooters ever start ship customization features and simulation style gameplay mechanics like the above driving games I' ll just shoot myself and get it over with.
Auron

RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 29, 2005 11:48

Driving sims.
I can easily just ignore the driving sims and head towards the arcade styled racing games, but nowadays it just seems as if it' s becoming a little harder to find pure arcade styled racing games underneath the large piles of driving sims and racing games with driving sim elements.

I agree with that, driving sims are another thing that I simply can' t stand...or play. On the other hand, Outrun 2, Burnout and the like are gaming heaven for me . As you say, it' s just a shame that in this day and age there isn' t a bit more choice available of this type of game.
< Message edited by Auron -- 29 Jul 05 19:51:42 >
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 29, 2005 11:48
I' m tired of street racing gaames like Midnight Club,Need 4 Speed Underground and that piece of crap Juiced . Their all the same you race cars to get money to fix up more cars it a never ending cycle.

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 29, 2005 14:40
Not being able to see your body or shadow when you look around in First Person games. So far Halo 2 seems to be the only game that does it.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 29, 2005 15:02
Oh where to begin, where to begin? Sports games are getting worse and worse these days. Every year EA slightly improves the graphics but they have yet to top Tecmo Bowl or NCAA Football on the SNES. I' ll have to agree with the racing sims, if I want realism I' ll go for a drive, and yes the street racing is getting old. Im getting tired of RPGs with the same rehashed stories as well.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 29, 2005 17:11
Here' s what I hate!!!!!

-Long, drawn out voice conversations.

-Unskippable voice conversations (especially when dealing with the above).

-Unskippable/unavoidable tutorials.

-Loading time. I only have one life and it' s time is finite!

-Confirming button presses (Do you want to save? YES. Are you sure you want to save? YES. Do you want to overwrite the existing data? YES. Are you sure you want to overwrite the existing data? YES! Are you sure you' re sure? YES you god damn piece of shit crappy game! I' m going to murder whoever programmed you!!)

-Insane button combos. I only have ten fingers and they can only bend in limited directions.

-The extra two L and R buttons on the PS pad. I think having just one set of L and R buttons is more than plenty. The way the 360 pad will handle this feature seems cool, though.

-Music that tries too hard to be moody. Whatever happened to good game music? There is not enough of it anymore!

-Games where all I see of my character is his gun. FPS games are stupid games. Leave those games in computer-land, where people don' t know what good games are.

-Stealth games. There is a lot of this crap going around as well. I even have to sneak in Ape Escape 3!

-Games that reload the level or track when you choose to restart the level or track. Why does it reload? It' s already in the level or track. It' s in memory! What the hell? Why do you dump it from memory and then reload it again into that same memory? I want to hurt someone.

Hmmm.. more to come, probably.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 29, 2005 22:58
yeah that really ticks me off, reloading the level when you are already there and restart or whatever. Sometimes they have excuses because it changes the memory when things happen in the level, but most of the time it is just shitty programming.
Auron

RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 30, 2005 02:47

-Confirming button presses (Do you want to save? YES. Are you sure you want to save? YES. Do you want to overwrite the existing data? YES. Are you sure you want to overwrite the existing data? YES! Are you sure you' re sure? YES you god damn piece of shit crappy game! I' m going to murder whoever programmed you!!)

Yeah it' s bloody frustrating, that is.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 30, 2005 04:19
I' m sick of the same online modes for games as well. I primarily play FPS' s on Xbox Live. I have high hopes for the next generation because of the relatively new genre of MMOFPS' s. My buttocks quiver in anticipation to jump into a troop carrier, swoop down on an enemy base, and make it my own.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 30, 2005 17:25
I hate that the fact that " online play" has been included makes ther game worth buying, hell why is there such a focus on it anyway? i mean i pay for the game to play it, be it single player. I hate games that just come out, they are the excat same as the last game but have " online play" and top the charts, I want an immersize game with great a.i, If there is no online play people whould complain that the ai is promgrammed badly becuase a bot just ran over you in his tank, fair point, but when your " online" a 12 year old kid just run over you in *your* tank with following statement " LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!1!!" ..and people call that an experiance?

I know how online play can be good, just too much damn focus on it!
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 30, 2005 18:32
yea im sick of racing sims too
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 31, 2005 04:58
This isn' t so much games, as people complaining, but I hate when people complain about a game being too short. WTF!? I mean, was it fun? Did it leave you wanting more? To me, that' s a good thing! Three examples; Chronicles of Riddick, Fable, and God of War. All AWESOME! If you ask me (which I' m sure most of you are right now) I think that they' re just right, length-wise.

Terry: I know you' re getting Project Gotham on the 360!!

Joe: Button confirmations ARE annoying, but even more infuriating is the " Done" confirmation. Save game? Yes. Overwrite? Yes. Are you Sure? Yes. Done, press ok to return to the game. F.U.!!
Auron

RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 31, 2005 12:20

This isn' t so much games, as people complaining, but I hate when people complain about a game being too short. WTF!? I mean, was it fun? Did it leave you wanting more? To me, that' s a good thing! Three examples; Chronicles of Riddick, Fable, and God of War. All AWESOME! If you ask me (which I' m sure most of you are right now) I think that they' re just right, length-wise

Yes, I completely agree with that. Ironically, the same people probably would complain that they became Repetitive if they were to be much longer. I think it' s a fine length for those games, especially God of War. To me it' s if a game is fun, which is of the greatest importance. If it' s " short and sweet" , I don' t give a toss as long as I' m getting my fun.
< Message edited by Auron -- 31 Jul 05 20:21:21 >
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Jul 31, 2005 15:54
Collecting stuff for the sake of collecting stuff
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Aug 01, 2005 04:58

ORIGINAL: lotusson

Collecting stuff for the sake of collecting stuff

Hey! I like that!! Soul Caliber and DOA: XBV took this concept to another level!
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Aug 01, 2005 17:40
I hate long, boring areas. For exemple, Doom 3. I' ve played it the first time, and i was overwhelmed. But, if you play such games longer, it will be so boring that you don' t want to play it any more.

I hate games that such worst producers like McFarlane have thrown into industry! Such games shouldn' t be made in the first place...

And i hate life-simulating games like GTA(I' m serious, AND i' m sorry 4 the fans...
)
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Aug 02, 2005 16:06
Stealth. Pretty much every single 3rd person adventure including platformers seem to have to have an element of stealth. I mean Red Dead Revolver which at heart is an arcadey run and gun shooter has a stealth level! It doesn' t fit the game one bit. Stealth wasn' t fun back in 1998 when I was playing Metal Gear Solid, 7 years on it' s torturous.

Developers thinking that making a game long automatically makes it good. I' d much rather play something that' s only 4 or 5 hours long but does everything well than something twice as long but is only twice as long due to padding. I want quality not quantity.
< Message edited by gossi_the_dog -- 3 Aug 05 0:08:54 >
L.Kennedy

• Total Posts : 28
RE: Things you' re sick and tired of in games - Aug 03, 2005 12:44
Im tired of lag...Im tired of idiot companies releasing crappy games for $50 bux...Oh my God I am tired of the GTA series - I mean, its not a crappy game n' all,but we' ve seen all this B4 right??...its time 2 come up w/ some new ideas...

Thank God there are sites like this to help people avoid cruddy " manufactured games" just made to make money...ya know?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message