Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3 - Sep 15, 2007 06:58
What were M$ and Bungie thinking of for this stinking pile of Dog crap. It is worse than the gears ad or the stupid " This is living" PS3 campaign.

See for yourselves.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/viewer.aspx?productId=1084&assetTypeId=2&shotId=2

Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3 - Sep 15, 2007 07:17
marketing when they get you... same trick like the gears of war AD... making the game look deep and poetic... that' s cheap.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3 - Sep 15, 2007 07:29
I like it. At least it' s different.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3 - Sep 15, 2007 07:40
Heh, i think it' s really good actually. It' s not as good as the Neill Blomkamp directed ' Combat' trailer but that was obviously done to promote the film as much as the game.

I like the Museum trailer too. They' re better than 90% of other game ad' s so i don' t really see the problem. I think it' s become clear that Master Chief doesn' t survive Halo 3, ...i' m pretty sure there' s some sort of self sacrifce (fukking Christianity!) going down as the Museum and Diorama trailers both infer some sort of last stand and Master Chief arming a plasma grenade [after being captured]

Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3 - Sep 15, 2007 07:45
It' s done it' s job, it' s got you spreading the word of the game and that' s all
that matters.

Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3 - Sep 15, 2007 10:02
I have to agree with Majik. I love those two ads, I think they are brilliant (Though, on the other hand, I am a Halo fanboy). I find em to be fitting extremely well with a war game and, compared to some other ads, it' s meaning is actually quite obvious and not some kind of encrypted bullshit (I still don' t get the " This is living" ad. Where is the connection to the product itself?). I mean, what do you expect? Dancing people and sunshine?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3 - Sep 15, 2007 12:16
It' s actually really good. Alijay I don' t think you' ve seen too many videogame ads have you. The vast majoriy of them, like 95% of them are retarded. These have style.

The thing about the ads is that they promise an epic story. If Halo 3 flops these ads will start to look pretty stupid. If Halo 3 delivers, these ads are perfect.
alijay034

RE: Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3 - Sep 15, 2007 18:29
Ghost I have seen enough game adverts in my time thank you very much, but why go for the emo shite, the announcement trail and starry night made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, I drove my now wife made by continuing to play them, I showed her this and she actually thought it was for Halo wars.

Evil killer I am a Halo fanboy too but I wasn' t expecting like this, and if M$ / Bungie spent $10 million on that they were robbed.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3 - Sep 15, 2007 19:47

ORIGINAL: Nitro

I think it' s become clear that Master Chief doesn' t survive Halo 3, ...i' m pretty sure there' s some sort of self sacrifce

Or it could be something completely different . Maybe this is just for us to expect something and something totally different happens .. I cant wait for halo 3 even more now . I have been holding off buying a 360 till mass effect and halo 3 come out .. 2 more weeks ..
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3 - Sep 15, 2007 19:51
Ofcourse they havent spent 10 mill on only this, i think the ads are very good. But it they have to make Halo feel personal or else the ads will set a different mood than the game
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3 - Sep 15, 2007 19:51

I showed her this and she actually thought it was for Halo wars.

To be honest, I don' t really see that as a bad thing =/

Besides, it' s not as if anyone' s going to forget that Halo is anything but an FPS -.-

But I had one my classmates watch this too, and he does play Halo (casually, so he hasn' t kept up to date with the new adverts).

He thought it was an ad for Ghost Recon =/
< Message edited by Byakko -- 15 Sep 07 11:52:57 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3 - Sep 15, 2007 22:51
I' m an enormous fan of the Museum trailer, because one, I' m a history queer and I get into all the " real" historical documentaries where they interview the vets.

Two, the model work is absolutely amazing. When I was a little kid I was really into stuff like military models and Warhammer (I' m the only kid I know who at 7 years old, wanted to work at ILM) so that' s all total eye candy for me.
alijay034

RE: Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3 - Sep 16, 2007 02:44
I watched the ' interview' trail and that makes sense, still not wholly convinced by the diarama one though.

Don' t get me wrong the detail in the models and figures is fantastic but, it didn' t say to me " Halo 3 finish the fight" it seemed more to say halo wars.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 15 Sep 07 18:45:38 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3 - Sep 16, 2007 03:30
I think that ad was pretty good. I' m not a fan of Halo but watching that ad made it feel like it is important to buy Halo 3 somehow.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Worst ad for a game ever and it is for Halo 3 - Sep 16, 2007 03:42
Another thing to consider is that a significant portion of that 10 million goes to the networks for displaying the ad, not all of it goes to making the ad itself.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll