Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
IstillwantShenmue3

• Total Posts : 54
Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Jan 31, 2008 17:47
Hi, anyone know if Dreamcast, Saturn and arcade games like Scud Race which is also Called Sega Super GT will come to either Virtual console, PSN or Xbox live arcade?
I can only imagine how awesome these games would be through component and or HDMI depending on which they go to.
I would also love old N64 games and SNES games and Genesis ones, so many they havn' t given us yet.
Anyone interested in spreading demand for these games?
Dreamcast
Shenmue offcourse
Trickstyle
Snowurfers
Sega Rally 2
Sega GT
Jet Set Radio
Powerstone
Powerstone 2
Hydro Thunder
Soul Caliber
Virtua Fighter 3tb
Fighting Vipers 2
Tomb Raider
Speed Devils
Fighting Force 2
Dino Crisis
I' m not counting Shenmue 2 or the Sonic games because you can get different versions running through the better cables allready.
Saturn
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon 2
Sonc 3d
Fighters Megamix
Fighting Vipers
Burning Rangers
Not counting the beter cable versions you can get allready like
Sega Rally
Panzer Dragoon
Nights becuse there' s a remake coming and it will likely come out everywhere unlike Vitua fighter 2.
Arcade
Daytona USA 2
Manx TT
Sega Touring cars
House of the Dead
N64
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Goldeneye
Jet Force Gemini
Donkey Kong 64
Cruisi' n USA
Cruisi' n World
Cruisi' n Exotica
Zelda Majora' s mask
Rush 2
California Speed
And so so much more
Which ones would you like to see?
< Message edited by IstillwantShenmue3 -- 31 Jan 08 9:50:40 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Jan 31, 2008 18:07
Se

Hi, anyone know if Dreamcast, Saturn and arcade games like Scud Race which is also Called Sega Super GT will come to either Virtual console, PSN or Xbox live arcade?
I can only imagine how awesome these games would be through component and or HDMI depending on which they go to.
I would also love old N64 games and SNES games and Genesis ones, so many they havn' t given us yet.
Dreamcast
Shenmue offcourse
Trickstyle
Snowurfers
Sega Rally 2
Sega GT
Jet Set Radio
Powerstone
Powerstone 2
Hydro Thunder
Soul Caliber
Virtua Fighter 3tb
Fighting Vipers 2
Tomb Raider
Speed Devils
Fighting Force 2
Dino Crisis
I' m not counting Shenmue 2 or the Sonic games because you can get different versions running through the better cables allready.
Saturn
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon 2
Sonc 3d
Fighters Megamix
Fighting Vipers
Burning Rangers
Not counting the beter cable versions you can get allready like
Sega Rally
Panzer Dragoon
Nights becuse there' s a remake coming and it will likely come out everywhere unlike Vitua fighter 2.
Arcade
Daytona USA 2
Manx TT
Sega Touring cars
House of the Dead
N64
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Goldeneye
Jet Force Gemini
Donkey Kong 64
Cruisi' n USA
Cruisi' n World
Cruisi' n Exotica
Zelda Majora' s mask
Rush 2
California Speed
And so so much more
Which ones would you like to see?

Sega games are currently only coming to Wii with little exceptions.

Your daft if you think N64 games will ever get released on anything but the Wii...

As for which games i want! i Just want Duke Nukem 3d and Doom 2
IstillwantShenmue3

RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Jan 31, 2008 18:16
I know every 64 game besides some from Rare since Microsoft owns Rare now will not go to the others but what i was saying is i wouldn' t mind Dreamcast games on PS3 or 360. Some can be exclusive to ps3 and vice versa.
< Message edited by IstillwantShenmue3 -- 31 Jan 08 10:21:51 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 01, 2008 02:16

Non-HD games look like ass on HDTV' s. Seriously, hookup a SNES to an HDTV.

but what i was saying is i wouldn' t mind Dreamcast games on PS3 or 360. Some can be exclusive to ps3 and vice versa.

So what you did was start a thread based on what you want? No rumors, no facts, just asking will something happen because you think it will be cool? God damn, kikizo is turning into IGN more and more every day.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 01, 2008 12:14
Well they could emulate the 3D Dreamcast games and render them in 1080p or 720p if they' re lazy, and add more anti-aliasing and better filtering. They would look a lot better, the 2d games wouldn' t look any better though.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 01, 2008 13:43
I think if Rez does well we might see publishers taking another look at the Dreamcast catalog.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 01, 2008 19:46
Classic games are classic games, however I don' t want to have paid £279 for a 360 to play ' old' games. This is what makes the gaming industry lazy, they won' t think of new concepts if people still harp on about gaming in the 80' s and 90' s. Hell if that were the case then why stop at the DC back catalogue, why not look at the Amiga games that were out there, ' Attack of the Mutant Camels' , ' The Hobbit' , ' Ghostbusters' , ' Horace' ,' Jetpac' , etc. Yes they are / were classic games but please don' t suggest that the dev houses revamp old titles, it is hard enough for them at the moment to ' fully' utilise the hardware out there at the moment, without them taking several steps back, if you are so in need of playing them, ebay have a few consoles for sale and I am sure if you trawl the game shops they will have versions sitting around gathering dust.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 1 Feb 08 11:47:53 >
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 02, 2008 00:12
Alijay stfu

And most good dc games were already ported elsewhere.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 02, 2008 00:31
No. Alijay makes quite a good point. Dreamcasts are dirt cheap on Ebay right now. If you want to play all those games, hop online and pick one up, along with the games. It' s cheaper, easier, and more realistic.

You' d have to be thick to pay $10 a game for anti-aliasing and a higher resolution, at the risk of bad emulation no less.

Which they go to? Whuh?

Do you have any grasp on how the games industry functions? Any whatsoever?

Petitions and nostalgic sob-letters don' t get results. Ever.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 02, 2008 05:28

ORIGINAL: emofag

Alijay stfu

Oh my your momma give you internet access again?
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 02, 2008 05:32

Alijay stfu

Sh!t! You' re alive???
locopuyo

RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 02, 2008 09:13
Well I would be likey to buy some dreamcast games on live market place. Dreamcast has online games, but I don' t have dial-up internet, or even a phone line to use. The Dreamcast controlers not only have cords, but the cords are short as well. My tv doesn' t have vga, so the best connection I can use with my dreamcast is s-video, which sucks really bad compared to a potential 1080p resolution. I geuss I moreso just want a few games ported.

San Fransisco Rush 2049 - with online play added, or at leats online scoreboards
Quake 3 Arena - ported to be like the Dreamcast version but better
Puyo Puyo 4 - with added online play
Armada - or just make Armada 2
Chu Chu Rocket - online play intact (this was the first online multiplayer console game)
Fur Fighters - could add online play to this one
Ikaruga - obviously needs online scores or something

I would pay money for these.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 02, 2008 09:15

ORIGINAL: Chimura

Alijay stfu

Sh!t! You' re alive???

Infidel.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 02, 2008 12:57

Ikaruga - obviously needs online scores or something

Ikaruga has already been announced for XBLA. No idea when it' ll be released, though.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 02, 2008 13:08

Ikaruga has already been announced for XBLA. No idea when it' ll be released, though.

Soon hopefully. I wonder if it still supports the switching orientation feature the original had. My screen rotates 90 degrees. It would be sick if I could get that to work.
locopuyo

RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 02, 2008 14:55
I wish mine did, my friend and I played it a lot and had it hooked up to an HDTV with VGA. We would have set the TV on its side if it would stand that way, but we played it lying on our sides a few times.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 02, 2008 19:42
Must admit, Apart from PS3 HDMI, Dreamcast VGA has the brightest, sharpest, almost Zero-noise level output Ive seen through a Console. (Excluding resolution of course)
IstillwantShenmue3

RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 02, 2008 21:20
I' ve played Donkey Kong Country on Virtual console and it definitily looks better than it used to.
Even the Wii' s Component connection playing it' s new games in standard definition not even in 60hz is better than Dreamcasts VGA due to the fact that VGA is so old and gives washed out colours.
They don' t have to re do the games even if they give them in standard definition just like they did in Composite but in HDMI and or Component with some games having a 60hz option while the others were in 50hz is still really good.
It' s not about the price since i grew up with these games, it' s just about being able to play them in a way they should of been playable from the get go but wern' t able to be due to the technology picking up so slowly with Tv' s.
It' s a shame we wern' t able to play these games through the very nice picture Component and HDMI gives.
I would even pay more than $10.
This would be a very good move for Sega to get more money because they didn' t get much off the Dreamcast and Saturn and all they would need to do is an emulator which is not very hard for these games.
New people to games will be treated to some of the best games and appreciate and like games more as a result, this will make the new machines have a growth spurt.
Also people would only need to own 3 machines to play such a huge game library i can only see this as a good thing, it will also make the people interested in older style games also get hooked into new ones.
< Message edited by IstillwantShenmue3 -- 2 Feb 08 13:32:22 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 02, 2008 23:20

Dreamcast has online games, but I don' t have dial-up internet, or even a phone line to use.

Agh, I had a broadband adapter for mine I just hocked off! (I finally threw out my roachy box) They go for far more money than I remember, that' s for sure.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 2 Feb 08 15:26:45 >
locopuyo

RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 03, 2008 07:40

ORIGINAL: IstillwantShenmue3

I' ve played Donkey Kong Country on Virtual console and it definitily looks better than it used to.
Even the Wii' s Component connection playing it' s new games in standard definition not even in 60hz is better than Dreamcasts VGA due to the fact that VGA is so old and gives washed out colours.
They don' t have to re do the games even if they give them in standard definition just like they did in Composite but in HDMI and or Component with some games having a 60hz option while the others were in 50hz is still really good.
It' s not about the price since i grew up with these games, it' s just about being able to play them in a way they should of been playable from the get go but wern' t able to be due to the technology picking up so slowly with Tv' s.
It' s a shame we wern' t able to play these games through the very nice picture Component and HDMI gives.
I would even pay more than $10.
This would be a very good move for Sega to get more money because they didn' t get much off the Dreamcast and Saturn and all they would need to do is an emulator which is not very hard for these games.
New people to games will be treated to some of the best games and appreciate and like games more as a result, this will make the new machines have a growth spurt.
Also people would only need to own 3 machines to play such a huge game library i can only see this as a good thing, it will also make the people interested in older style games also get hooked into new ones.

It isn' t healthy to talk out of your ass.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message